FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting a new computer and looking for input

Post Date: 2016-10-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Urazz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Urazz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Getting a new computer and looking for input
    Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 6:33am
Hi, new users/shopper here. I heard some good things about this place and figured I should give it a try. I figured I should also ask what others think of my build so far (I haven't really tweaked it much)

Budget:
$2000 to $2500 dollars. Current build is sitting at $2163. I would not prefer to go above $2500 dollars if I can help it.

Expectations:
It's mostly going to be used for gaming. My previous computer is about 8 years old now and is struggling to keep up with some of the latest games now so I figured I need to get a new computer. I'm hoping to get a new computer to last me just as long as the old one. I'm not going to replace the moniter yet but I will later.

Usage:
Looking to play some games like Titanfall 2 for example but I do play some games like WoW and Overwatch. I figure I'd like to upgrade to be able to play some of these higher end games at decent settings. It would be nice to play them at high settings but if it's not doable then I'm fine with regular settings.

Special Needs:
I don't mind if the computer is noisy and I was toying with the idea that I'd need to go for a higher overclocking setting than the default with the Apollo line. My home is a pretty new place and is pretty cool.

Saved Ticket #: 1506871

I pretty much picked an Apollo and just changed the default cooling system it comes with to a H20: Stage 2: Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler. I also went with a 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO). I don't know if it's worth it over the default the Apollo has but I generally prefer to know exactly what I'm getting on my computer. It might just be paranoia for me though.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has and welcome feedback.

Edited by Urazz - 20 Oct 2016 at 6:34am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:45am

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.
Urazz View Drop Down

Quote Urazz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 4:32pm
Thanks for the suggestion. Why do all the computers come with Mcafee? It sucks big time from what I've seen for a long time now compared to other antivirus software. lol
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:44pm
My pleasure I think intel is giving mcafee away with the cpu.
 Post Reply Post Reply