FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Having Pricing Issues

Post Date: 2016-05-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xii View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xii Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Having Pricing Issues
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 5:33am
Hey guys -- I am currently working on a tri-sli 1080 aventum 3.

I also want to send in my own components (HDs, processor, memory) for installation but there is not a "No thanks." option in most of these categories.

Also is the Matte Black a nice look? (opinion)
Also anyone know if it is difficult to drain the AV3?

What about switching in and out components?

So many questions. Very stoked.

Oh! Anyone remember the process/cost of custom parts going in the PC as stated above?

Finally, the ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1 (Intel X99 Chipset) (Workstation Class) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices) is listed as more than the rampage, is it a better board?

Thanks!

- Xii
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:37am
It might be tough to get you pricing without so many options. I'll be honest, it will also be a warranty challenge, as if your processor, memory, HD, etc... go bad, we will not be able to provide you warranty service on them, you will have to directly RMA them yourself since you did not purchase them from us.

I usually recommend purchasing all of the parts from us for high-end builds, as they provide you with a more peace of mind, but, as long as you know the process, you should be good.

I suggest emailing me directly with a full configuration of what you would like, and then tell me which items out of the configuration you are sending to us.

Email me here "[email protected]"
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:51am
referring my build to Alex, i too had special order items that DS filled as well as delivering them 15 of my own fans to be used in the build, was the best way of handling a complicated "custom" build.  Alex can take the ball and run with it w/o any miscommunication with other people in the loop.   i can tell you that there is a small "special order" premium on components outside of their configurator. 

i went with the black Aventum 3 case and it looks fantastic paired with my white/black-themed internals if i do say so myself!  i've got white cable extensions, white fluid, white mobo (where there is plastic shrouding), white cpu cooler water block, white LED fans, black fittings, gpu water blocks, water cooling loop fittings, gpu interconnect. 

i originally had rigid acrylic tubing and it looked sweet!  however, it was a pita just trying to squeeze my hand around the tubing w/o putting too much stress on the tubing that it temporarily broke the o-ring seal in the compression fitting it was attached to and a tiny amount of fluid spilled out (harmlessly onto the case partitioning bottom plate thank the pc gods).  DS was kind enough to swap out my rigid tubing for their flex tubing with quick disconnects (makes it a lot easier to do self diagnostic troubleshooting and individual component replacement if necessary). 

i think you'd be better off going with the Rampage. 

Edited by db188 - 26 May 2016 at 10:58am
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
 Post Reply Post Reply