FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hooking up a PS3 to a DS Computer

Post Date: 2011-05-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spetsnaz View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spetsnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: hooking up a PS3 to a DS Computer
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:47am
I just bought a PS3.

I know how to hook up my PS3 to my computer monitor and it works just fine. However, my question is, how do I get sound to work? My monitor has no speakers. I use Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound system hooked up to my on board audio soundcard.

I tried using the optical Audio thingy..hooking it up from my motherboard audio to my PS3 and changing my computer sound settings in Realtek to "Digital Output"..and still no sound. Does anyone know enough about computers or PS3's to get this to work?

I am very much a noob with both computers and PS3's..*never owned a console in my life) so any help would be great. Thanks!

And sorry if this was the wrong place to post this. Figured it was console related :P

Denniston View Drop Down

Quote Denniston Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:16am
If you've got a decent internet connection, it's quite good - usually about DVD quality.
cheap dstt m3 cardps3 bluetooth keyboard

Keep in mind that Netflix' streaming selection is still fairly limited but getting better all the time. Before your drop the $$ on the streaming-only service, make sure they have enough movies you're interested in.

Edited by Denniston - 26 Aug 2011 at 5:17am
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:42am
last post was spam.

You would need to run the optical out from your ps3 into the speaker system. I hope your speaker system has a optical port on it. The computer has nothing to do with anything when ur running the ps3. All the audio/video signal is coming from the ps3. The only issue you may run into is having both the pc and the ps3 hooked up to the same sound system which would lead you to plugging stuff in and out every time you wanted to use the pc/ps3.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 26 Aug 2011 at 6:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply