FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do the free labor upgrades work?

Post Date: 2015-07-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zpconn View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zpconn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: How do the free labor upgrades work?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:20am
Howdy all,

This is my first post here. Part of the standard DS warranty is that DS will perform hardware upgrades free of charge. I assume this means you just have to cover the price of the parts and shipping and handling to and from DS.

How would you go about actually doing this, though? Do you just have to contact DS directly and ask them to do the upgrade? I don't see any online form to fill out and I don't see DS hardware prices anywhere (because the warranty states the hardware must be purchased directly from DS). Does DS charge markup on the hardware?

Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:26am
Hi zpconn...  That's how it works, you pay shipping both ways, pay for the parts and DS handles the labor. 

You'd have to contact them directly to work out the pricing and exactly what you want done.

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

EDIT... I.m not sure the prices they charge.  Never used the feature.     IMHO, unless you're buying a water cooler, $5000 plus rig, probably a lot cheaper just to do it yourself.  Video cards, psu and ram are all easy to do and pretty straight forward.   We help on the forums and lots of videos on how to do it on the web.     Just the shipping could be hundreds. 

Edited by bprat22 - 06 Jul 2015 at 10:38am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 2:39pm
We'll have to quote you the on the price of the hardware. Our prices include a small markup to include overhead for warranty support and coverage from us.

If you're curious, feel free to contact our team via email "[email protected]"
 Post Reply Post Reply