FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help with my first pc build

Post Date: 2018-04-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
A Potato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote A Potato Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I need help with my first pc build
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm
Hi everyone, I’m new to this pc building thing so pardon me if it’s really bad. I just customized a DS Lumos and I want to know if it will be able to run games like fortnite and the newer gen call of duties or rainbow six siege. Please help me out. I don’t really know what it can and can’t play.

Configuration Code:

Thanks again for helping,

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:55am
There are changes I would suggest, but need to know your budget and what resolution your monitor is.

The gtx 1060 is very good for a 1920x 1080 monitor, especially for the games you listed.   If you wanted to play more demanding games like Withcher, etc the gtx 1070 allows higher game settings.   The gtx 1060 is a strong card though.

I would select a better cpu cooler. The stock, factory cooler can be noisy and throws the heat into the case.   The Stage 1 air cooler at least for me.

Depending on budget, a better SSD, like 960 pro , is recommended, but if things are tight, the default pick works.

Drop the 850watt psu to the 750 watt.   Plenty of power.

Budget determines the level of parts and monitor resolution determines graphics card.

Hope this helps.

Edited by bprat22 - 20 Apr 2018 at 1:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply