FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indexed search results corrupted and mixed in with

Post Date: 2015-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
robertden View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote robertden Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Indexed search results corrupted and mixed in with
    Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 8:35am
It started after the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I've rebuilt the index several times and moved the index to another hard drive on the computer all to no avail. And 3rd party search indexing returns the same jumbled result. For example I'll search for "new" and I get all the files(in this case photos) with "new" in the title listed in the results. Perfect up to this point. But then when I click on these files that all say "new" many other files without "new" and not on the list that the search produced be included. These files are not on the list in front of me. How did all these to mixed in and included and not even on the list when I proceed through the list and what can I do about it??
robertden View Drop Down

Quote robertden Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:23am
In other words windows indexed search results are returning irrelevant files not mentioned in search terms even though these irrelevant files are not named in the list of results.Hard to say and explain.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:54am
Hopefully someone else can help, but I have no idea other than bad sectors on the drive, but you swapped to a different drive.   

Did the Google route and came up with what you did, rebuilding it. 

Is there a separate  boot drive involved with the HDD you're searching  as secondary?    Check that drive. 

Maybe try a Safe boot and see if it still happens.  If not, then another program might be at fault.

Just guesses. 

Great question for DS and I'd give them a call or email.  

Let us know if you fix it.  Big%20Smile
robertden View Drop Down

Quote robertden Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 11:56am
Thanks for the reply. DS said it doesn't really come into their jurisdiction as they are hardware people which I don't blame them. I posted in Microsoft Community forum too. It's a hard problem to explain ;much easier to show but to make it simple-the search results contain files that have no business being there(even in their properties or metadata).Yes I tried rebuilding and moving the index and even a registry tweak but no dice.It started when I upgraded to Windows 10 which I love except this problem. Even 3rd party search programs like Everything return irrelevant results. It's like I ask to search my photos with the file names with the word"green" in it and there will be file names in the results with the word "green" but mixed in with all kinds of file names without remotely being with the word "green" in it. And what's funny is the list in the results is correct but not when you actually click on the pictures , they turn out to be something different. And I tried all the search parameters and combination of options in File Explore>Search tab(formerly Folder options).I can't find anybody on Google with this problem.Oh well-nothings perfect.

Edited by robertden - 03 Aug 2015 at 11:59am
robertden View Drop Down

Quote robertden Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:00pm
Oh and I ran Scannow but came up without errors.
 Post Reply Post Reply