FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Vanquish level 3 worth it right now?

Post Date: 2014-10-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iplaygames25 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote iplaygames25 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is the Vanquish level 3 worth it right now?
    Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 5:28pm
Hey guys, I am new here, and i would like some advice. I am going to be in the market soon for a new gaming pc. I did some research and I decided that I want a desktop, and all the pre-built ones are bad value compared to building, but i don't want to build even though I heard it's not too hard. I found that digital storm makes some great pcs with quality parts warranty stress test etc, so I decided that I'm getting one of these. I was torn between the level 2 and 3, but after looking at benchmarks I think the 3 is the best value. I do have some basic knowledge of hardware, and now with the new GTX 970 and 980 out, would it still be good to get the level 3 with its 760? I want to play new games for at least 3 years before upgrading, and I would like to have 60 fps for sure, and also at least medium, but preferably high/ultra settings. Will the level 3 hit this reliably for 3 years? Should I wait for a new version? I don't know what they would put in a new version now, and it might be a while. I'm fine with waiting until mid 2015. The games I'll play are mostly FPS, with a bit of other genres. I'm coming from a PS4, so I'm sure it will be a nice upgrade. To recap, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to get a level 3 vanquish right now, and also if it can play 60fps/high-ultra for a few years down the road. Thanks so much for any suggestions and helping me out!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my monitor is 1080p.

Edited by iplaygames25 - 19 Oct 2014 at 5:32pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 3:15am
The gtx 760 is still a very good graphics card for your gaming on the 1920x1080 monitor.   New cards don't mean the older ones aren't worth it.   You'll get high to max on most games, the heavier shooters on high. The price for Vanquish lvl 3 is hard to beat.

Like anything computers, the longer you wait the stronger the components. Rumor is that early next year the new gtx 960 will be out and probably replace the gtx 760.

Hope this helps.

Quote iplaygames25 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:39am
Thanks for the reply!
I'll probably wait until next year then. I see how they quickly refresh their models with new graphics cards, which is nice.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 5:28am
My pleasure. Big%20Smile

If the gtx 960 follows the trend, it should be a step up in  performance, less wattage and better thermals.  If the architecture stays with the gtx 970/980, it  should also give game developers more features to play with and easier on them. 

Quote iplaygames25 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 2:07pm
Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but I just remembered to ask, is it possible to put another SSD/Hard Drive in the motherboard? It would be nice to have a combo, but if it doesn't its ok.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 2:27pm
You can add them yourself, but the Vanquish is as-is, with no changes.

Quote iplaygames25 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 2:44pm
Ok good, that's what I might need. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply