FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for advice!

Post Date: 2015-06-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Merlin Of Orion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Merlin Of Orion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for advice!
    Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 4:24am
Budget:1000-1100 with about another 100 for shipping.

Expectations: 1080p , 60fps,at high settings ultra for some games. running games like: league of legends, total war series:empire/shogon and steam games.I want to be able to download any game and not worry if I can run it.

Usage: Dedicated Gaming, online streaming,

Needs: wondering about customisation. ideally I would love the vanquisher 3 level 3 option. it's just a bit out of my price range considering that I still have to get keyboard mouse monitor and Internet. Budget is pretty maxed out.

Vanquisher option level 2 is still quite nice however I would rather have the GTX 970 4gb over the GTX960 4GB just for the extra power. the only other major difference seems to be within the Cores. The i54690k is obviously the better core but not really needed.

considering the level 2 vanquish has a non clockable i5 I whould think the GTX 970 4gb can compensate it very nicely and make up the difference.

according to the benchmarks presented by digital storms: level 2 runs at roughly 60fps high settings. Level 3 runs at about 100 fps.

So I whould assume that it would put me somewhere in between that number 85ish. I want that little extra fps.

Am not sure how big a difference the core makes in the benchmark am working off assumptions.

I actually figured out how all this works in depth over the last 5 days, I never really knew how computer parts worked in depth so if my information is misalighned please let me know.

I have looked at every major manufacturer and custom computer maker on the web. Digital storm seems to be the only company offering the right bang for buck with quality parts and reputation/warrenty.

I just need help making my final decision. Also I noticed when I proceed to checkout and my click view specs its says stuff like: No thank you I don't want to overclock. why are there no overclock options presented?

Real question is: can I take the Vanquisher level 2, make a upgrade to GTX 970 4GB , pay the difference for the part and achieve greater then 60+ fps, well remaining in my Budget?

Thanks for any help in this long winded post. My money is limited and this will be my first computer thats mine I have always used other people's computers so this is really big for me. Any insight is appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Merlin Of Orion - 23 Jun 2015 at 4:28am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 8:18am
Hi Merlin...... Welcome to the forums.  

The Vanquish line are pre-built, ready to ship  and no changes.     There was a time you could change a part for the added cost of the part and I think $50 extra for the change.   I'm not sure they still do that and in either case, by the time you pay the extra $$$ or so for the gtx 970 and the $50 extra, you might as well get the level 3 and get the oc'd cpu and a better motherboard.  

A custom build with the gtx 970 will be more than the Vanquish level 2 and close to the level 3 is the closest I could get. 

You'd have to call DS to see if they still allow changes. 

Good Luck. Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply