FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New 27" or 30" Monitor.

Post Date: 2013-11-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dorotea View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dorotea Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New 27" or 30" Monitor.
    Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 10:36am
Digital lists the ASUS 27" PB 278Q for $629. This leads to a few questions.

1. Does a 27" monitor give better crispness, colors or speed than a 30" monitor of equal quality or is the reason to go 27" more a consideration of footprint and cost?

2. Is the ASUS the best quality for that type of monitor or is a Dell or another brand better? A year or so ago a Dell was considered slightly better for an extra $100. I keep monitors almost forever so I'd rather pay more and get a better one. Even from Dell whose customer service I dislike intensely.

3. Is there a benefit to buying the ASUS through DS when Amazon and others show it for less money? My last monitor I was told by the company salesperson quite frankly that they offered it as a convenience but it was a crappy value and there was no advantage to getting it from them (this was Falcon not DS but I suspect both companies work the same way).

4. NVidia has announced a new V-SYNC adaptation in conjunction with ASUS. I have no idea if it is mostly puff or if it will have a real impact on visual quality or what monitors it will be available for. Is it worth waiting until early next year for as distinct from getting the 278Q now? Is it expected to be enough of an upgrade that if I buy now I should get the ASUS not a Dell or other brand in hope that they will have an upgrade kit for their own monitors?

Thanks.
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 12:57pm
A lot of people on here will say to buy your computer peripherals/accessories elsewhere as most other places such as Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy sell them cheaper. DS probably has them for convenience in case you don't want to wait on your accessories and you want it with your computer.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 24 Nov 2013 at 1:00pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12