FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member/ Somewhat Concerned

Post Date: 2015-08-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rmac View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Member/ Somewhat Concerned
    Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:45am
I have been looking at DS for quite some time, finally decided to take the plunge not for my self (yet) but for my wife. I hate to tell you all this I got her an Apollo level 3, Mr. Rajeev helped me spec it out, Thank you sir.. we down graded the graphic card because it is (I hate to say) going to be used for number crunching, she is a CPA. My question to you all is it went into Stage 5 on 20 Aug. it is now the 26th how Long is it in this stage. I ordered on the 11th
Each time it changes stages I get an email saying 10 to 15 days from the new date of each stage. We go on vacation on the 15th of Sept and just getting a little worried.. For now I am still hopefull
Mac..
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:13am
It really varies a lot, from build to build.   Sometimes they get a flood of orders all at once and sometimes they're waiting for a shipment.  If they found a defective part during the stress test the/'ll swap it out and try again.  Better they find it there then after delivery.  It's in their interest to get it out the door as quick as possible for them and the customer, without rushing the build and testing. 

Being customers also we can't look into it, so give them a call or maybe Alex will drop by and see this thread and respond.

Good luck. Big%20Smile

Apollo83 View Drop Down

Quote Apollo83 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:15am
Rmac, I too have had the same problem. I ordered on Aug 9th got no information about it (stage increase) untill I sent an email and then on the 17th within a minute they sent me 4 emails taking me to stage 5. I then went another whole week with out any updates, again sent an email and then i get two emails telling me that the PSU i had in my order (corsair 750w) was out of stock and no ETA when they will get instock and that if i wanted to switch it out with the EVGA 750w. I called the next day during business hours and told them that it was fine to switch, although in the updated invoice it says its only a 600w EVGA PSU. It did reflect a price difference but I haven't seen a credit onto my credit card yet. The sales guy told me they have been testing it all week on the EVGA PSU so i figured when i woke up today i would of moved onto the next stage but still haven't gotten an email yet. I do understand they may be busy if they have a lot of orders but when it comes to keeping the customer in the loop thus far the service has been pretty poor. Hopefully the QA process is a bit better. I would hate to go through all this and then get a DOA PC. 
Steven View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by rmac

I have been looking at DS for quite some time, finally decided to take the plunge not for my self (yet) but for my wife. I hate to tell you all this I got her an Apollo level 3, Mr. Rajeev helped me spec it out, Thank you sir.. we down graded the graphic card because it is (I hate to say) going to be used for number crunching, she is a CPA. My question to you all is it went into Stage 5 on 20 Aug. it is now the 26th how Long is it in this stage. I ordered on the 11th
Each time it changes stages I get an email saying 10 to 15 days from the new date of each stage. We go on vacation on the 15th of Sept and just getting a little worried.. For now I am still hopefull

Hey rmac,

I went and checked on your system and it is currently in testing. Back-to-school is one of the busier times of the year for us and we try our best to get all systems out in a timely manner. I wish we could expedite the testing process but they do take a set amount of time and we want to be 100% confident in each unit before it leaves our warehouse.
rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:11pm
Thanks for the replies, I agree want it done right the first time, just hate to see it on my door step after we leave for 2 weeks :)
Mac..
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:14pm
Apollo83,

You're order should be going out soon, it's in Stage 5 testing now. I agree that we could always do a better job in keeping customers updated with every detail on their purchase, but it comes a logistics nightmare when we have so many custom systems on order and each unit is either waiting for a part that's coming in the next day, or pending for a possible issue the team needs to look at and re-test, etc...

I assure you that we're never going to rush your system, it's going to leave out facility in tip-top shape. Feel free to email me at anytime as well "[email protected]"
jco2481 View Drop Down

Quote jco2481 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 4:54pm
I have the same concern for my order. I ordered it on the 12th and have been stuck on stage 5 for about 3 days now. I too feel like there is some poor customer service in informing us why our system gets into delays. If there is an issue with the testing, or waiting on a part, you should let us know. Especially when these orders are usually well over $2,000. I have high hopes for my Apollo and am sure that it will be awesome, just wish it didn't come at the expense of a month long wait.

Here's to hoping for the best!
Gallowglas View Drop Down

Quote Gallowglas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:21pm
Yeah, I guess I'm in the same boat. I ordered my system on the 9th and last saw an update for Phase 3 on the 17th. My primary concern is that I posted a simple request about an open cable/drive bay a week or so ago and have left a few messages via phone now and haven't yet received any reply.

I definitely understand that there's a logistics component to keeping incremental updates flowing on the process, but I would at least like the sales team return my calls, emails, or online messages. That would go a very long way to easing any concerns I might have and help keep me patient. I definitely don't want to rush the process, but I do want to have someone at least acknowledge my inquiries.

All that said, I understand that the timing with back-to-school purchases is significant. It sucks that my previous system picked now to die on me so I was forced into that timeframe, but I do get it.
rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:12am
Perhaps D/S could look at posting a schedule of dates best time to order. Just a thought

Edited by rmac - 27 Aug 2015 at 9:12am
Mac..
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:17am
Originally posted by rmac

Perhaps D/S could look at posting a schedule of dates best time to order. Just a thought

Thing is they are always getting orders so something like that might not work
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 4:48pm
Hit stage 6 today, Looking forward to getting the wife's puter. looking more for when I order for my self, probably not till around October, can anyone give me an idea when people start ordering for Christmas so I might avoid that rush which I perfectly understand. or should I wait till after Christmas?

Edited by rmac - 27 Aug 2015 at 4:48pm
Mac..
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:37pm
or how's about an automated build log that customers had access to?  they input their invoice number and can see the daily work done on their purchase?  this can also be used a good tool to monitor employee efficiency and help with supervisory tasks at a minimal impact of a few minutes of a technicians time typing up his log. 

Edited by db188 - 27 Aug 2015 at 6:39pm
Riley View Drop Down

Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:58pm
My build went into stage 5 on August 18. How much time should it take after it goes into stage 6?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm
We are catching up now, so we should be back on track by next week.

@Riley, after it goes into Stage 6, it takes 2-3 days.
rmac View Drop Down

Quote rmac Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by db188

or how's about an automated build log that customers had access to?  they input their invoice number and can see the daily work done on their purchase?  this can also be used a good tool to monitor employee efficiency and help with supervisory tasks at a minimal impact of a few minutes of a technicians time typing up his log. 
I Like Your Idea, only thing what if someone rushes to push the numbers?
Mac..
 Post Reply Post Reply