Post Date: 2012-09-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: OC settings
    Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:28pm
i had lost my OC settings was told tht DS could email me my original settings.
so i just submitted a ticket under contact info, hopefully they will send me the original settings tht would be greatly appreciated.

i had tried to OC through the bios settings on my asus p8p67 deluxe board and am running stable w/ speedstep on @ 4.4 (i72600k) but the core volt i seen reach above 1.4 so i dont like tht, id much rather have the original OC settings tht DS did @ 4.3

seems tho i could get a higher OC w/ this chip and board, would love some insight from the forum gods. i mean on the ez mode bios screen they have a hands free, just clik and i was @ 4.4 so idk is tht optimal or would the original DS OC be better again thnx in advnace

specs:
asus p8p67 deluxe
i72600k
noctua d14
corsair mem
wd black caviar1tb
1000w corsair psu
gtx sli 570's

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:44pm
Hi Aka,

Your OC settings should be saved in the Bios. Did you try to load them? The default is no OC and if you have another option saved, that will be your OC.

Frank
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:33pm
ya srry should of mentioned in my other post-

i had done a bios update since i was like 5 updates behind, and was doing some troubleshooting w/ the system i was getting bsod, hard lockups etc so i updated the bios to see if tht would help matters. i did save my OC thinking tht it would be there when i did a bios update but tht wasn't the case guess u live and learn.

sweet just checked my email and DS sent me my original OC Awesome

i had noticed tht from the original settings speedstep was enabled i must of turned it off prior to me updating the bios cuz it was always at 4.3 is it best to leave tht on? think i shutt it off cuz someone from the forums told me to turn it off, but ill leave it on since it was on from the original settings.

if i decide to try to get a higher OC say 4.5-4.8 ish would tht be possible to acheive? this bios seems pretty easy to work w/ and ive noticed on the AI suite tht comes w/ this board allows u to "hands free" do an extreme OC to about 4.6-4.7ish givin my current setup, all in realtime through the OS plus it stress tests it for you!

I was just curious about this feature and if any1 w/ this board and similar setup as mine (i72600k) have tried this and is it optimal for just gaming? and worth doing over my original OC? if so i would love some feedback but until thn i dont feel to comfortable w/ messing with something tht isnt broken per say, so im going to just set it back to the original OC settings for now Cool

i wanna say tyvm to Richard who took time to answer my email and send me my original OC, and ty to the forum guru's w/ their fast responses and taking time to help me out thnx again DS Awesome
criTalon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote criTalon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:42pm
You can leave speedstep enabled. What it does is it leaves your PC at an "un-overclocked" speed, and when it detects any "stress", it will turn on the actual OC speed.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:45pm
just reset my OC settings to the original OC from DS running @ 4.3 core volt @ 1.36 Strong looking pretty good.

on speedstep, is it normal to always see my OC 4.3 in cpu-z w/ speedstep enabled? cuz its locked at 4.3

ya i figured speedstep only increased to the OC wen the cpu needed it, thts y i was aking but thnx for the heads up.

man wish i would of known about this AI suite w/ asus before, pretty good info right on the fly, in realtime nice little feature Hahaha
criTalon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote criTalon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 11:38am
For me, my cpu stays underclocked, and only jumps up when I start "stressing" the computer. But at 1.36v, you are good to go even without speedstep.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 12:06pm
ya its weird i have speedstep enabled but under cpu-z its locked @ 4.3 o well prolly nothing to worry about, thnx for the response Big%20Smile
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:17am
yesterday was gaming all day, and today went to turn on the pc and it seemed like it was stuck in the post screen or w/e were all i seen was the dash blinking upper left of the screen. so i reset the pc thn it went to a black and white boot screen i guess it was,asking me if i wanted to boot into windows 7. idk its never done this b4 kinda got me worried.Confused
seemed to go away atm ne ways, everything seems to b good. any1 know wat could of been the cause of tht? i did reset the system to the original OC settings a few days ago, (tht DS gave me) and been gaming pretty heavy on it w/ out problems so dont think thts the reason.
 thought id share tht to see wat the forum gods have to say about it..any-who thnx in advance Awesome
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:31am
The boot screen asking to boot into Windows was probably because the system wasn't shut down right, because of your initial problem 

You're gonna hate to hear this, but this could be an oc problem.  If it happens only once in a great while then no big deal.  If it continues then I would call DS and ask them to help tweek your oc settings. 

It could be other things but that's what first hit me.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:58am
ok so u think i should run linux? give me the proper settings for linux plz if u could cuz wen i run it doesnt seem to stress the cpu all tht much, i have the x64 edition. if i remember correctly from a previous post some1 said to put it on a certain setting i cant remember exactly. wat i do is just hit the all tab, thn run- i know there is something im missing.

thnx for the response Big%20Smile

kinda hard to think its the OC, since ive been gaming and such, but idk, could it be a program i installed or something along those lines?

Edited by Aka - 23 Sep 2012 at 12:00pm
criTalon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote criTalon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:48pm
Run prime95 for 24hrs and see if you get any errors. That's what I'd do.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:03pm
I would recommend using AIDA64, it tests your system to real world usage. A system that passes Prime95 or LinX can still have stability issues. Or, a system that is Prime95 and LinX stable could be unstable with general use still.
criTalon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote criTalon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 1:47pm
Wow, learning new things everyday. Thanks Alex!
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 12:27pm
i dl'd aida, nice program, how it exactly works idk lol do u just run it? i see it stresses the cpu pretty good, and also the gpu's. do i run it for a certain amount of time alone or..and does it just stop running wen it finds instability or..some feedback would b great thnx Strong
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 12:30pm
also after some gaming for a bout a week i havent had ne issues, just an update i think it was the game tht was freezing up the system, now tht they have implemented sli improvements in swtor seemed to help my case hopefully thts it. but ya like i said ive been gaming pretty heavy past week or so systems runnin great StrongStrong
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 5:56pm
sadly the crashes started happening again, with whocrashed i was able to find the culprit  nvlddmkm.sys.

i recently updated the driver to the most recent one after this happened w/ the previous driver aswell, clean instal used driver sweeper also to get rid of everything to see if tht would help installed the newer driver w/ same result...so i dont think its a driver issue. my OC is the OC DS did, temps seem fine wen running benchmarks, furmark, heaven and even aida64, so system seems stable.... im only getting this wen gaming mainly swtor.

was also curious about why i see tht my memory is listed as 1333 instead of 1600 under the megetrend boot screen, prior to me updating my bios it was listed as 1600..i had restored the original OC settings tht the pc came with from an email DS sent me all the mem timings seem to be correct so idk if this is an issue i should be concerned about figured id throw it out there.

any feedback would be great, thnx in advance Big%20Smile

Edited by Aka - 12 Oct 2012 at 8:38pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 11:30am
Try to see if the issues go away when you remove your overclock by loading BIOS defaults? If it does then you can contact our team to directly help you.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:23pm
ok tyvm alex...been gaming all day today w/ no issues got rid of some programs i didn't need/use tht i DL'd recently thinking maybe it was a program or another driver issue causing the hangup, done some research and razer peripherals could be the cause of these issues from what i read...where my keyboard would go out in the middle of a game where i would hear the ding sound like it was being plugged back in and being recognized from windows so i uninstalled those drivers and it seemed to fix the problem atm keeping my fingers crossed of course 

but to the question regarding my memory as its listed as 1333 instead of 1600 under the megatrends boot up screen could u explain to me the reason for this? could it be wrong timings for the memory or...just confusing being tht all the timings and everything else is correct based on the OC settings tht where sent to me by email

but if this occurs again i will reset the OC to stock settings and ill post again to let u know thnx a bunch for the response Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 5:42pm
Check with CPU-Z to see what your memory speed is at. If you can, post a screenshot if your memory tab in CPU-Z.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 5:54pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:11pm
Hi Aka....... Your ram defaulted to 1333mhz.      The Dram Frequency of 666.8 is per channel and with a dual channel ram that means 1333.    Not really times the number of channels but works in this case.  Go into Bios and set the ram speed to 1600mhz , save an exit and your good to go.   You don't have to go back to default settings with no oc.

Edited by bprat22 - 14 Oct 2012 at 6:57am
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:22pm
sweet ill give tht a shot thn..ya tht makes sense...thnx for the hasty response bpratt
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 10:27pm
Yeap! Make sure the voltage is set to the correct setting to your DIMMS voltage to 1.6625
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 5:40pm
sadly the pc crashed again and restarted with the same problem:

On Sat 10/13/2012 12:35:28 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101212-21075-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xADE630)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800C6734E0, 0xFFFFF8800FAE0630, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 306.97
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 306.97
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 306.97 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

i did some research and i found alot with my same problem and same card 570 1.2 version stating tht i need to update the firmware for the card b4 i go and DL something i have no idea about (thought the firmware was included in the drivers guess not) thought i would check with the forums first so what u guys think?

this has happened with several drivers atleast the last three tht i can think of prolly even further back...have done clean installs of all, driver sweeper etc but when i found the idea to upgrade the firmware and a few onlin (evga website stating tht it fixed there problem got my to think mayb thts the problem...anyway would love some thoughts on this tyvm in advance

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 6:14pm
Bummer     Hard to say from here but you could have a hardware failure.   

Try removing one of your 570s from the rig and using just one in top slot. If you have the same issue then just use the other 570 in top slot. Trying to see if you have a bad video card.

Also, if the cards check out then run with just one ram stick at a time.

Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 8:09pm
i had already done the card thing they both seem fine ran furmark heaven aida64 etc, so the cards where ruled out, guess i could try the ram, this is only wen im gaming sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt

on a side note i found this article very helpful http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372

in regards to uninstall/install of the newer nvidia drivers. alot of VERY useful info tht im sure alot of users are unaware of, i had recently just found this info and uninstalled and reinstalled the newer set of drivers, and went step by step with this guide, hopefully it cures my problem, because according to this guide, i was doing it wrong. so hopefully it was just a corrupted driver, hope key word here.

in tht guide it states to stay away from nvidia hd audio like the plaque, and in my device manager there's like 6 listed, i try to uninstall thm and windows just reinstalls thm automatically wen i reboot so idk wats goin on w/ tht, i have a soundblaster card, so i would think all i would want under sound devices in device manager would be the creative soundblaster correct....?

Edited by Aka - 14 Oct 2012 at 8:27pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 9:18pm
When you uninstall the sound driver, check the option to make sure you "Delete It" as well.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 10:23pm
ya just had 2 bluescreens back to back so it seems to be getting worse, i did some research on nvlddmkm.sys and a few ppl found tht updating there firmware for the cards gtx 570, fixed this issue, guess the firmware is only issued by evga directly so i submitted a ticket to thm hopefully they get back to me.

my question is has any1 had to do this with there cards, or maybe better yet with there 570's?? ive never heard of this personally so i just want to double check b4 i try this route out..but i guess its worth a shot since ive tried everything else it seems. as of now im going to try to uninstall these new nvidia drivers and get an older one and see if it plays nicer with my cards, its a shot in the dark at this point Upset
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 10:44am
First time time I've heard of this.

So what have you exactly tried lately? Did you try to uninstall the sound driver by deleting it to see if that fixes the issue?
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 11:25am
ya when i delete thm it just installed as microsoft hd audio instead im guessing these are the onboard gpu's sound?? 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 11:38am
I believe your gpus are under Display Adapters.
I know you've done a ton of things but have you gone to Display Adapters in Device Manager, right click the cards and click uninstall.  Do a cold reboot, not restart from Start and let Windows do its thing.

I know you checked temps on the cards, but I also would leave HWMonitor open for awhile and monitor the max temps while gaming. 
Maybe you already did this. 

Edited by bprat22 - 15 Oct 2012 at 11:41am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 11:54am
I would say the best thing would be to work with our team directly on this and go over everything to see if you may have missed a step that might help figure out what is wrong.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:03pm
ya ill contact ds i mean ive done everything to rule out this issue, mem test for almost 2 hours no errors, tested the gpu's temps are fine under load..so im thinking its either the game im playing (cuz ive only noticed this bsod running sli in swtor, running a single card no problem so..) or its a third party software or driver, audio, or possibly my peripherals? (razer)

just to make sure i have my bios settings correct i took some screen shots of the bios i would love for some1 to look at thm just to make sure everything is correct.
hopefully im doing this right Hahaha tyvm in advance Big%20Smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/7311/121015143803.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7216/121015143739.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/766/121015143810.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/94/121015144156.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/3591/121015144206.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/9814/121015144302.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img690/3359/121015144309.png
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by bprat22

I believe your gpus are under Display Adapters.
I know you've done a ton of things but have you gone to Display Adapters in Device Manager, right click the cards and click uninstall.  Do a cold reboot, not restart from Start and let Windows do its thing.

I know you checked temps on the cards, but I also would leave HWMonitor open for awhile and monitor the max temps while gaming. 
Maybe you already did this. 

ya i avoided uninstalling the gpu drivers from device manager, the newer nvidia drivers are whole different animal from wat i read here

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372

ya i know tht the gpu drivers are under display adapters, i was talking about the 8 or 9 audio drivers tht r listed in tht picture.

i was just wandering are those the gpu sound drivers or wat cuz they where once listed as nvidia hd audio but wen i deleted those, and did a clean install of the gpu driver itself they reinstalled as what u see there, just basic hd audio.

anywho im going to see if i can game for awhile and ill test it on a few games i have and make sure its only in swtor --Lol btw just noticed how long this thread has become i might have to start a new one Hahaha

Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 8:02pm
after some pondering on this situation tht ive been having, i think i have found the problem to this whole mess. (common sense should of told me along time ago)

i was thinking well the system worked fine out of the box for about a year with no hiccups what so ever, and i said to myself "what did i do" and all tht i have ever done myself was install a soundcard so....u think i could of thought of this b4 Im%20with%20Stupid
cuz ever since i installed this card its been acting weird sound will go out while gaming and i would have to reboot for sound to come bak, the front i/o would not be responsive, lights wouldnt come up. buttons wouldnt work etc

so wat i did first was go into bios and disable the hd audio under onboard devices i think it was, thn i uninstalled everything creative (soundcard is a creative soundblaster titanium fatality w/ the front i/o) took the card out, and reseated it, made sure the cables from the i/o and the card itself were seated correctly, did a clean boot and reinstalled the drivers.

and guess what, been gaming for 2 hours, sound has been steady no hangups runnin like a champ again, so what i think was happening was the game was freezing, or better yet the gpu driver was, due to the fact tht my soundcard wasnt installed correctly and or the onboard sound was conflicting w/ the card. 

so as of now im back to kicking ass and takin names, in swtor pvp, actually i rlly dont take names i just kick ass Strong
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>