FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Processor speed question

Post Date: 2008-02-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sniperscout75 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sniperscout75 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Processor speed question
    Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 4:04pm
Hello everyone, let me start off by saying I have searched for the answer to my question but havent been able to find the answer (probably because everyone knows this but me). So I am not very computer savy at all and im getting ready to buy a new pc designed for gaming for the first time ever as I have usually just bought factory units. My question is a very basic one. Lets say a game requires a minimum processing speed of lets say 3.2ghz. Does this mean that indeed the processor has to be listed at 3.2ghz or above or will lets say a quad processor at 2.4ghz for example run this game or a core duo at 2.6ghz for example. I apologize in advance to the very simple level I word my question but again Im not a computer guy. Thanks in advance to all who may help or direct me to threads that will help.
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 4:11pm
I'm going to assume you want to play Crysis.

If it specifies single core 3.2ghz, than any duo or quad core will be able to run it.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
sniperscout75 View Drop Down

Quote sniperscout75 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 4:16pm
Yes, crysis is one of the games I have been looking at. Typically I have in the past bought games around the computer I had but now im in a position to buy a really good computer so I want to be able to buy games for my computer for a change. Thank you for your response.
 Post Reply Post Reply