Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jrobb View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jrobb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: PS4
    Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 4:36pm
anyone herd any rumors/news/anything?
Bloodluster1 View Drop Down

Quote Bloodluster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 6:50pm
Haven't heard any rumors, but if they are going to release a new console I would think they would have mentioned it by now or will mention it in a few months (and it will probably go on sale for Christmas). But, since I haven't heard anything, I think Sony is keeping with its current console (PS3); at least for now anyways.
Brunkz View Drop Down

Quote Brunkz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 7:26am
sony has said again and again the ps3 has a decade life span And right now the ps3 is just starting to finaly show its potential and if sales continue the ps3 will surpass xbox in overall sales sometime this summer
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 8:05am
The PS2 was still out selling the PS3 a couple months ago so I don't see it jumping past the 360. If, and I stress if, it does surpass the 360 that's only because everyone already has a 360 and they buy a PS3 to go along with it.

If Sony wants to sell more PS3s they need to introduce a sub $200 starter version like the 360 has and seriously expand and upgrade their Sony On-Line service. The PS3 may have BluRay but MS has done a much better job with their Live Marketplace in their attempts to make the 360 an entertainment hub and not just a game console.

Brewtus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Brewtus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 4:07am
Originally posted by jmaster299

The PS2 was still out selling the PS3 a couple months ago so I don't see it jumping past the 360. If, and I stress if, it does surpass the 360 that's only because everyone already has a 360 and they buy a PS3 to go along with it.If Sony wants to sell more PS3s they need to introduce a sub $200 starter version like the 360 has and seriously expand and upgrade their Sony On-Line service. The PS3 may have BluRay but MS has done a much better job with their Live Marketplace in their attempts to make the 360 an entertainment hub and not just a game console.

Agreed -- Xbox 360 integrates with your home entertainment center much better than PS3.

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:34pm
In addition to all of that the Kinect has been a big success while Sony's motion system failed like so many other Sony offerings lately (PS Vita games were discounted already the day the system released).

There's a million different applications that are being worked on for the Kinect, everything from motion controlling your basic cable and TV functions to doctors using it to perform surgery.

Some big name Sony game developers have jumped ship recently too. Hideo Kojima, the brilliant mind behind the Metal Gear series, has broken away from Sony because he is sick and tired of his games only being released on Playstation which limits his potential sales numbers.

Due to some of the exclusive licenses expiring we will soon see some previous titles like MGS 2 and 3 being released on 360 but Sony would not give up the first MGS which is still regarded as the best in the series.

The next MGS game will be cross platform, including PC supposedly. It's definitely a hit to Sony as exclusive titles like the MGS franchise are one of the few reasons people actually buy a PS3.

Edited by jmaster299 - 25 Feb 2012 at 3:35pm

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:22pm

Due to some of the exclusive licenses expiring we will soon see some previous titles like MGS 2 and 3 being released on 360

I'm pretty sure these came out last year for 360 in the HD collection.

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Due to some of the exclusive licenses expiring we will soon see some previous titles like MGS 2 and 3 being released on 360

I'm pretty sure these came out last year for 360 in the HD collection.

Is that out already? That's fine, I had heard of them being released but did not know a date for them. But the point remains the same, Kojima wants to offer his titles cross platform and Sony would never let him. They still won't let him do it for MGS and he had to break his ties with Sony to do it for the next installment.

You can find out a little more about the next MGS game from this article. Kojima is looking for a bunch of programmers and artists for the upcoming game.

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:46pm
I've always wondered how Then Twin Snakes came to be honestly, given Sony's restrictions. 

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 3:28pm
There is some weird licensing surrounding the first MGS. There was even a PC version that came with the MGS VR Missions included and the ability to do certain missions as the cyborg.

The Twin Snakes being a remake probably has something to do with it, plus Nintendo does hold some rights to the franchise as the original Metal Gear games came out on the original Nintendo.

But so far MGS has never been released for the original XBox or the 360. The other issue is anything that does get released is always years later. The Twin Snakes came out 6 years after MGS after all.

Edited by jmaster299 - 26 Feb 2012 at 3:35pm

bighunt View Drop Down

Quote bighunt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 1:09pm
About the PS4, I watched the whole Press Conference last week. (Yes, I have no life). lol.
I came away impressed. Granted, I've always been a PS owner. But what really got me was the "Share" function that you have on the controller. That looks pretty cool. I'm not really into the whole social gaming scene, but the ability to have someone "jump" into your game to help you out is compelling.
Plus, the newest "Killzone" footage looked great as well. I will be buying one, but not when it comes out. I'll wait at least a year or so from now, before forking down the $.
TheWraithProject View Drop Down

Quote TheWraithProject Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
personally i wasn't at all impressed by the conference ( i watched some of it, kinda just fast-forward through a lot of the glitter and BS).
I didn't feel the "share" feature was really any big "wow"
I know they have to make changes for "progress" but it didn't feel justified.
The touch pad however might be a nice perk, at least if its utilized properly.
I'm still pretty pissed about it NOT being backwards compatible.
I still have the original 60Gb PS3, i can play my PS/PS2/PS3 games all in one.
so far this has only pushed me in the direction of PC gaming.
i would rather spend and extra $100 to get a backwards compatible system then be forced to repurchase my library. As i stand right now, i hope Anonymous shuts PS network down again.
me personally i feel like PS has just taken a huge PooP on themselves. I understand a company is in business to make money, but it feels like its stealing now. Yes i know im not being forced to buy it. its just how i feel after being a PS supporter since the original PS.
sorry for the rant, i'm off my soap boxConfused
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:59am
While I don't concur with your desire to see the PS Network taken down again (that caused a big headache for a lot of end-users), I do agree with many of the points about the PS4. This is especially true for the "share" aspect. I almost universally play solo games on the consoles, and even that probably only accounts for about 5% of my gaming anymore. So the vast majority of PS4 features look more like an annoyance to me rather than a selling point. Of course, I had pretty much decided I was done buying consoles for the time being, long before the PS4 reveal, so none of this affected me too much. This coming from someone who picked up their PS1 on September 14th, 1995. Big%20Smile
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 4:33pm
How come game consoles are so good compared with PCs that it takes a good gaming PC to play as well?
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 6:14pm
In a nutshell, games are vastly toned down for consoles. That is why if you take many console games (any platform) and compare them to their PC version, the PC version looks undeniably better. There is resolution locking on consoles, and the developers work around an exact, unchanging, hardware system. Whereas PC there are way more variables.

The end result is that PC games can either perform far worse, or far better, than a console game.
 Post Reply Post Reply