Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Min DS View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Min DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Reviews
    Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 5:58am
Hello Digital Storm,

I, Min DS planning on buying your world's most advanced PC but after I've seen a lot of bad comments from customer that your customer service wasn't good and act rudely. These comments are from the Yelp website. I'm struggling to understand, is it true what the customers experienced? because I am worried to just invest my money for your PC. It's pretty ashamed when i heard that.

Pro-gamer trying to search supreme dream machine,

Min DS.

Edited by Min DS - 09 Dec 2015 at 6:17am
Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Min DS

Hello Digital Storm,I, Min DS planning on buying your world's most advanced PC but after I've seen a lot of bad comments from customer that your customer service wasn't good and act rudely. These comments are from the Yelp website. I'm struggling to understand, is it true what the customers experienced? because I am worried to just invest my money for your PC. It's pretty ashamed when i heard that.Pro-gamer trying to search supreme dream machine,Min DS.

No it is not true yelp reviews and such are mostly trolls and arrogant people who feel obligated to everything. Digital storm has had nothing but stellar customer support for me and the 7 others I know who ordered within 3 days of each other. Go ahead and order you will be happy.

Edited by Purpletalon55 - 09 Dec 2015 at 7:19am
Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 7:20am
To boot I had one issue so minor I wouldn't even call it digital storms fault it was the fault of the supplier.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 10:42am
Going to yelp for reviews is like going to wikipedia for a research paper. Don't.

If you want a good source of actual reviews, check with the non-biased, and non-ad supported, BBB. If BBB gives a company an A+ it's not a fluke. Especially one that has been registered with the BBB since 2004.

Here's the link.

Also, there is another site that rates resellers all over the world. DS is holding between 9.4 - 9.5 rating last I checked. Some time ago I took a look at it was 10.0.

The other link.

Either way, you have to know whether you're buying the lower budget model or the higher end beast, you will get a great machine at a great price with superior customer service. As I've said before... DS doesn't want just to make a sale, they want to make a repeat customer.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 10:47am
Btw, moved the post to it's own thread. No sense in hijacking the other one.

Edited by Snaike - 09 Dec 2015 at 11:22am
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 11:13am
Yelp reviews are like cancer and usually posted by people that didn't get their way. Seriously, do not take any stock in the reviews you read on yelp. I just purchased a computer from Digital Storm and had nothing but a pleasant experience with them.
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Snaike

Going to yelp for reviews is like going to wikipedia for a research paper. Don't.
Either way, you have to know whether you're buying the lower budget model or the higher end beast, you will get a great machine at a great price with superior customer service. As I've said before... DS doesn't want just to make a sale, they want to make a repeat customer.

+1, cannot say it better. Had issues when I got my system a year ago, DS techs solved it (bad RAM stick) and lately had some issues with leaking fittings and again DS sent me replacements without charging me for them. Solid company and extremely helpful and knowledgeable forum members. A lot of times problems are solved here in the forums. (also have personal experience with the assistance provided by forum members and had software and self-caused issues solved). I will be getting my next system from DS.

DS is awesome.Awesome

Edited by hoserator - 09 Dec 2015 at 11:58am
Steven View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 12:15pm
Thank you all for the kind words!

I'll keep my opinions on Yelp overall to myself as they aren't really appropriate for polite company.

@Min DS: I do hope you allow us the opportunity to prove to you that our #1 priority is our customers! We would love to put together an awesome system for you.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 12:19pm

Whoops.

Big%20Smile
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Whoops.Big%20Smile

I wish they had it back in the old days.     Thank you Cliff Notes.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 1:07pm
I agree about Wikipedia. Its like the Cliff Note version of Cliff Notes, with Control + F. Big%20Smile
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 2:12pm
Hi Min DS,

I have never been to Yelp but you peaked my interest. I read over the complaints and here are my comments.

Yelp leaves up all of the complaints ever entered. You need to look at the dates of the post. There are 6 complaints for 2015 and most by people who posted on the Digital Storm Forums. I saw a couple of complaints I recognized and DS did a lot to resolve their problems. Most of these people don't know much about computers. Nor do they understand no matter how much a computer is tested before it is shipped, problems can develop during shipping. Cards that worked at DS can fail the first time the system is turned on by the new owner. These things happen and DS does all they can to make it right.

Six complaints in a whole year is not many by my standards. Especially considering that some people can never be satisfied no matter what the vendor does.

I suggest you stick around on the DS Forums and get to know DS. You will see how many times they go out of their way to help a customer. Read the warranty and know there are shipping cost involved with repairs. A lot of problems arise because the customer doesn't know what they paid for.

Good luck with what ever computer you buy.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 09 Dec 2015 at 2:13pm
krazyhippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote krazyhippy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 2:38pm
Great response Frank.
Vanquish 4 Level 4
i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz
Asus Z170-K
16GB RAM
250 SSD
1TB HDD
GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless AC Card

oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 3:44pm
I've bought five systems from DS.

Any issues? They fixed right away.

The forums? Best in the biz. So many other computer builders would have deleted this post....immediately. Personal experience I had that with my crap Alienware system. On these forums you have fabulous people who take there time to answer all your questions. No matter if you're a noob or not.

So in closing I will be a DS customer for life.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Solovar View Drop Down

Quote Solovar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:04am
Hello DS and members,

I saw people on youtube receiving their new PC's and satisfied, which I have to admit, DS has some beautiful and powerful systems and it peaked my interest a lot. Then after seeing yelp, which some here said to disregard it, I then found this youtube of almost 38 minutes of him expressing his disappointment concerning the customer service.

I am at a point that I want to buy a powerful system which the estimated price is between $9000 - $10 000 which is a lot of money to maybe find out that I might have problems with it and that I might become a possible victim

That being said, if I do decided to go forth with this purchased and all is good with no deceptions. I would come back to this site and post a very positive thank you and to restore any negative comments that I have been reading and viewing.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:00am
The video you are talking about, I had not looked at it in its full lenght, I just did, I saw at the beginning that he was troubleshooting and asking for parts himself.

Now he made some mistakes himself, he shipped the pc without talking to DS, you wait for your shipping label, it much cheaper to go through DS.

Your pc will take on the average 5 business day or more to fix depending.

This guy's problem was that 1. he thought he knew what was wrong, that took time and he was wrong. It is his fault that he didn't check to see how computer problems are handled at a custom builder, it will take time to fix our pc with custom builder and that goes for all, some will take much longer and really treat you like crap.

2. He praises ups and blames DS when he got his pc, but it sounds like ups is the one that knocked around his pc and all the damage he is talking about is from crappy shipping via ups but he is so smart that he is sure it was DS.

To be honest as a customer, all I can agree with on his video that is not his fault is all the misunderstandings/refund, but the time it took his pc (5 to 10 business days) is normal.

He can go elsewhere, then he will see DS is one of the better ones out there so good luck to him.

Not sure who Jericho is but he sound like he could use a lesson in customer service.

Notice he also said:

**Update - Digital storm did end up sending me case repair parts to fix the damaged case and a $60 headset for the trouble. However this has done little to change my opinion or turn me into a happy customer. The repair still took entirely too long, was handled poorly, and I only got a response once this video was made. **

My system in my sig was 10k+ easy, I had many issues, Alex/DS took good care of me otherwise you would not see me here.

Now I can tell you are much smarter than that guy, how do I know? simple you are here asking questions which is more then he did.

So let me help you with some info;

1. When you first receive your pc, you have 45 days to send it back for repairs for free if you like. (best way to ship your pc is ground and of course this will take time (depending could take 5to7 business days).

2. When you get a fixed pc back you have 45 days to send it back, again you don't pay for shipping.

3. If you are past your 45 days on either case above, then you pay shipping going to DS, DS covers shipping coming back.

4. When DS gets your system it can take 5 to 10 business days for them to fix it, of course this is depending on what is wrong, it could be shorter.

Edited by DST4ME - 22 Sep 2016 at 11:04am
Solovar View Drop Down

Quote Solovar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:44pm
DStame: I do agree with your reply, after watching his video for the second time, I noticed that he did say this was his job and he needs his PC back asap in a way. Unfortunately, it's like going at the hospital, everyone has a waiting time, just like you said.

Thank you for replying :) i feel more confident with DS as I saw others how happy they were with their system.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:47pm
My pleasure, trust me I had many issues with my pc, each time since I'm in the east coast I have 7 days going and 7 days coming, so that is 14 days just for travel, then most times within 7 days they would fix and shipp the pc to me so for me 3 times I was without my pc for 21 days, about 7 other times I had to swap or upgrade parts and DS was great about it.

When it comes to customer service I have no issues with DS since 2009, with a 10k+ system (you see it in my sig) and many issues due to bad parts or shipping damage and each time DS made me happy.

Before you buy let us look at your system so we can make sure you get the most power out of your money and no waste/conflicts

Edited by DST4ME - 22 Sep 2016 at 4:50pm
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

My pleasure, trust me I had many issues with my pc, each time since I'm in the east coast I have 7 days going and 7 days coming, so that is 14 days just for travel, then most times within 7 days they would fix and shipp the pc to me so for me 3 times I was without my pc for 21 days, about 7 other times I had to swap or upgrade parts and DS was great about it.

When it comes to customer service I have no issues with DS since 2009, with a 10k+ system (you see it in my sig) and many issues due to bad parts or shipping damage and each time DS made me happy.

Before you buy let us look at your system so we can make sure you get the most power out of your money and no waste/conflicts

$10k PC!
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:50pm
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:26am
Also Alex has mentioned that Yelp isn't a reliable source to read reviews
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 5:12pm
I find yelp a good place to see reviews of places, I have no issues with yelp, you just have sort through and look at only creditable reviews.
 Post Reply Post Reply