Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shopping Around? >> READ THIS <<
    Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 7:51pm

Shipping Time Frames: We have systems that ship within 4 days, 7 days, two weeks. It really depends on your configuration. If you ordered a paint job, or if you want us to water cool the entire system and configure two separate liquid loops (one for the processor and one for three video cards) it can take some time.

Stress-Testing/Quality Assurance: Large brand name computer companies mass produce computers, they don't allow a level of customization as we do in order to keep operating costs low. They also stress-test units by testing random samples. Here, every machine gets tested, and when I say tested:

- 24-hour stress test on your: processor, memory, and video card(s) (total of 72-hours)
- Benchmarking to ensure your system is operating at the performance it is configured for

And that build time covers the time it would take for us to stress test, benchmark, and replace/tweak any components to deliver you nothing but a quality high-performance gaming machine.

If you want to experience a true immersive gaming experience with a high-quality machine backed with U.S. based life-time toll free technical support, Digital Storm is your choice Smile.

Did I also mention your purchase comes with a 30-Day money back guarantee which starts from the day you receive our machine and our standard 3 Year warranty for all desktop systems?

Edited by Alex - 06 Apr 2008 at 7:52pm
Carrie View Drop Down
  Quote Carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:12pm
I am a mom that is totally out of the loop regarding gaming systems but have selected this company by its avid following and reviews.  Here's my issue. I have no idea what to order my son for his 13th b-day.  He loves strategy games, uses our Mac currently for Command and conquer etc.,but will most likely use this for research etc on the net too and possible game play there too.  I need advice on a system that will have adequate graphics etc, something middle of the road that can be upgraded (but not really needed to be:)) and not the cost of college. Suggestions?  Thanks.
Clinton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Clinton Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 6:42pm
If you want to talk to a Digital Storm employee on the phone about a good system, you can call them. They are very nice and extremely helpful. Or, if you'd like some people on these forums to help, you could give us your budget and I'm sure you'd get a few good configurations. 
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 10:06pm
Actually when asking for configs for 'bang for the buck' type deals, its best to provide the following for us:

1) Monitor size and general resolution most games will be played on
2) Budget
3) whether you will use any equipment from your last computer on the new computer (keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor etc) that way we can budget that out of the build
4) General uses to be done on the computer. (gaming, college work, internet etc.)

Edited by SunfighterLC - 25 Apr 2008 at 10:07pm
E8500@ 4.03Ghz
XFX 790i Ultra
1000W Corsair HX
2 280 GTX EVGA FTW
4GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
250-80-300GB VR HD
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers
Asus Xonar 7.1
Hanns-G HG 281D 28" HDMI Monitor
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Carrie

I am a mom that is totally out of the loop regarding gaming systems but have selected this company by its avid following and reviews.  Here's my issue. I have no idea what to order my son for his 13th b-day.  He loves strategy games, uses our Mac currently for Command and conquer etc.,but will most likely use this for research etc on the net too and possible game play there too.  I need advice on a system that will have adequate graphics etc, something middle of the road that can be upgraded (but not really needed to be:)) and not the cost of college. Suggestions?  Thanks.

I would recommend you call and speak to one of the DS staff for assistance.  Considering your limited knowledge as it relates to this kind of hardware and software, you're going to get some extreme responses here on the boards about a build.  There are some very well versed posters here and no doubt can get you where you need to be but, you may find yourself overwhelmed with the information. 

I would call DS and ask for Alex and let him guide you from there.
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 11:50pm
Carrie, you could always start a thread and ask for help, but I think Ed may be right. For people that do not have a firm basis in tech knowledge, sometimes the forums can be confusing as much as anything else.

You could also ask for Dave when calling Digital Storm. He's been gaming on a budget for years, and enjoys a fairly wide variety of games. Smile

Charlie View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:36am
I love Command and Conquer! I played C&C sinced the 90's. I would recommend you to get him the " CATEGORY 2 - 750SI". This computer will be great for games and doing research for school. Just start low. He will want to upgrade in the future. You can make a deal with him like, " If you get good grades in school, I will upgrade your computer ". It works for me when I said that to my nephew. Wink

I have an E4300 1.8 GHZ w/ a 7900GS, 2 GB RAM 800MHZ, and a 22 inch monitor. I can play Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath with no problems!
Randy View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:04am

Hi Carrie, I see you are looking for a computer for your son. Well I have a nice system that I just configured. Its well more then enough for todays standards. It's also fairly light on the pocket also. :) If you would like to browse the configuration you can go to DigitalStormonline.com. Then look at the top right hand corner. You will see "Load Ticket Number". Just visit that link and enter this ticket number"Ticket Number: 149813".  Once you have entered that. It will load up the configuration I have pre-configured, so that you can browse it and make changes as you please. Hope this has helped.

If you have any questions Feel free to give us a call.
Call Toll Free: 1-866-81-STORM (1-866-817-8676)

Thanks,
Randy - DSOnline here to help. :)
MarkT View Drop Down

Quote MarkT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 3:27pm
Hey Randy...see my thread called $2700... and let me know what you would build for me!! I can use all the help I can get. Thanks.

MARK
Mark T.
Gary View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 3:49pm
Carrie, i would be very comfortable with these guys building you what you need.They are not the type of company that tries to sell you everything under the sun.We have two systems threw them and they were very good at getting us the best bang for your buck.You wont get that anywhere else.I suggest what everyone else here says "Call Them And You'll See What I Am Talking About"
Good Luck to you and your son on your new DS system!!!! 
Ramdurand View Drop Down

Quote Ramdurand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 10:08am
?
DSFR3AK View Drop Down

Quote DSFR3AK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:49pm
Hi Carrie, hope all is well.  I can definitely offer you some suggestions, I noticed you said that your son likes Command and Conqueror.  The requirements for that game isn't really that high.  I am sure however; down the line that he will want to play games that are higher in requirements my suggestion to you is to go with an AMD system, it offers great value.  They start at 1300, but you can customize the configuration.  My configuration that I have in mind has a an AMD 9550 Quad Core Processor with an Antec 900 Case, 2x250GB Hard Drives in RAID 0= 500GB Total. I would recommend also a 750a SLi motherboard 2x1GB=2 GB of Corsair DDR2 800 Memory, a DVD Burner and a 9800GTX Video Card, the config price for this system also includes 550 watt HX Powersupply.  Your looking for a price range of about 1183.
If time stood still than there would be no progression or would there?
Rich Z View Drop Down

Quote Rich Z Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Alex

Shipping Time Frames: We have systems that ship within 4 days, 7 days, two weeks. It really depends on your configuration. If you ordered a paint job, or if you want us to water cool the entire system and configure two separate liquid loops (one for the processor and one for three video cards) it can take some time.

Stress-Testing/Quality Assurance: Large brand name computer companies mass produce computers, they don't allow a level of customization as we do in order to keep operating costs low. They also stress-test units by testing random samples. Here, every machine gets tested, and when I say tested:

- 24-hour stress test on your: processor, memory, and video card(s) (total of 72-hours)

- Benchmarking to ensure your system is operating at the performance it is configured for

And that build time covers the time it would take for us to stress test, benchmark, and replace/tweak any components to deliver you nothing but a quality high-performance gaming machine.

If you want to experience a true immersive gaming experience with a high-quality machine backed with U.S. based life-time toll free technical support, Digital Storm is your choice Smile.

Did I also mention your purchase comes with a 30-Day money back guarantee which starts from the day you receive our machine and our standard 3 Year warranty for all desktop systems?

What tests are actually run on these components? Is Windows loaded with all drivers and the operating system tested for stability?

Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:09pm
Love the warranty.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:15pm
If you choose to have DS install windows then yes they do load the drivers etc and then test and make sure PC is running fine, the GPU, CPU and other things will go thru different stress tests to make sure they are working correctly
poppawoof View Drop Down

Quote poppawoof Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 3:26pm
Are you guys out of the 965"s?Wink
Poppawoof
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:53am
How much does it cost to get extra foam in the box???
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:06pm
Just give us a call, we'll provide you a more accurate answer depending on your configuration, etc...
ryusou View Drop Down

Quote ryusou Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:17am
Does Digital Storm online accept Bill Me Later?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 2:52am
Not at this time but, but we do accept credit cards. Feel free to contact us directly and we'll be more than happy to work out a solution for you.
ryusou View Drop Down

Quote ryusou Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 6:51am
Alex

What kind of solution? Monthly installments would be great!! Let me know
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:20am

best to contact them directly

but i last i heard it is all up front to get your order started
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by ryusou

AlexWhat kind of solution? Monthly installments would be great!! Let me know

I'm sorry we don't do monthly payments such as BillMeLater, however, you can do with a credit card as or now.
Unlicensedhitman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Unlicensedhitman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 10:03pm

Does the following apply to laptops too?

Do laptops need to be benchmarked?

Edited by Unlicensedhitman - 28 Aug 2010 at 10:05pm
Raif View Drop Down

Quote Raif Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 12:01am
imo the lappys and desktops are treated the same. i just came from the lappy config page and it has the same stuff on the bottom that you would find on the desktops. however for a firm answer that is set is stone hopefully alex will shoot threw.

i am not a employee i only spoke on what i saw
2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

if we can't answer a question shoot a e-mail here.

[email protected]
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:32pm
We practically run the same stress-tests on our laptops as we do on our desktops.
Antis View Drop Down

Quote Antis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 4:04pm
Also just an suggestion prolly should to build a gaming system around a bare minimum monitor resolution of 1920x1080 so that way your child gets to experience HD gaming. With proper equipment from digital storm the games will look like eye candy.
Shepard View Drop Down

Quote Shepard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 5:04pm
I am new to the site and the forums so I really have not had much experience with the company yet and I may change my opinion at a later date, but this is my experience so far.

The shipping time frames are extremely loose, to say the least. I ordered my computer 11 days ago and got put into Stage 1 nine days ago. I specifically chose the ODE 3 because it said that because it was pre-configured, it should take much less time to ship out. I was hoping to get my computer by some time this week (two  weeks after I ordered it) so I chose the option that seemed the quickest (among other reasons, including performance). At this point in time, eleven days after ordering it, I am still in the stress-testing phase and I just received an email saying it should ship within 4-7 business days.

Hypothetically, if it does ship within 7 business days from now, that would mean that, assuming shipping only took three days, it would arrive on the 17th - more than three weeks after I ordered the system that "ships within 4 days."

I am very aware that at no point in time was the ship date or time a guarantee, and at every corner I was told it was just a rough estimate so I can't expect any more than that (I was just hoping to, considering the pristine reputation of the organization). Had I known it would have taken weeks to get my computer shipped, I am not sure how my purchasing decisions would have been affected but I can say for sure that I would not have gone with the computer I did because the deciding factor was the supposed expedited shipping process.

I called and was informed that it has been delayed so long because of a massive number of orders, and that is perfectly understandable. However, in the future, I would appreciate some kind of a notification that instead of being shipped in the '4 days' that were suggested while I was contemplating purchasing from Digital Storm, my system would, in fact, be shipping weeks later.

I was referred to this site by a two of my friends who were highly impressed by the quality of their systems but were not pressed for time (which I am) when ordering. Hopefully when the system eventually arrives I will be so impressed with the quality, skill of workmanship, and power that I will forget entirely about the delay. Time will tell!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:06pm
@Shepard,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the delay and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. Our ODE systems are honesty supposed to ship a  lot sooner, and we've really fell behind due to a few factors (shortages on hard drives and the video cards), but, the backlog is now ironing out and we should be back on track soon.

This is definitely not how we want our ODE purchases to be. Our goal is to have them shipped before the estimated ship date. I am glad to see that you were referred to us by two other friends, and I assure you that you will be very happy with the quality, workmanship, and the performance of the system.

Moving forward, could you please email our Management team directly ([email protected]) with your order number and details about the delay? This way, they can track down your order for you and do our best to have it shipped as quickly as possible.

Thank you for choosing Digital Storm, and I am looking forward to your review. Big%20Smile
Anaskingston2 View Drop Down

Quote Anaskingston2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 5:21am
It is super deal !!!
BShizzleUniBrizzle View Drop Down

Quote BShizzleUniBrizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 6:23am
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on building a strictly gaming pc. I have a budget of around 5k. I have no previous equipment and would need the right monitor and peripherals as well. Im looking to build something that can handle the latest games running the smoothest framerate possible. I want to put out the highest resolutions possible on 1 monitor. Basically I dont want to struggle playing anymore games on this new machine for sometime, does this sound possible with my budget? If anyone can help nudge me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Any advice on what to build would be awesome! Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this. This will be my first DS build and I'm very excited.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:33am
Hi BShizzle.....   Welcome to the forums. 

I would start a new Post with your questions and desires.  More might see it there.

We need to know the monitor size and resolution.

Off the top, and for half your budget, the ODE level 4 with its sli, 2x gtx 670 will max out pretty much anything on a 24", 1920x1080 monitor.  If you want ot spend more then custom config with a wider range of parts we can help ya with.

Re-posting this will get more hits.  Big%20Smile

BShizzleUniBrizzle View Drop Down

Quote BShizzleUniBrizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:57am
Ok great. Thanks a lot ill re-post and see what others might have to say. Tanks alot
Oreomadness View Drop Down

Quote Oreomadness Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 11:39pm
How do you order a custom paint Job for Aventum?
What kind of specific paint jobs do you do?
DomTheBomb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DomTheBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 11:16am
Oreomadness,
Once you place your order for an Aventum, Digital Storm will contact you and discuss paint options. Alternatively you could call them before you buy and I'm sure they would be more than happy to talk about the available paint jobs.
I do not know what specific paint jobs there are for the Aventum, but I'm sure they will tell you if you call.
DS x17, 1 Year 5 Months
i7 3720QM (2.6GHz/3.6GHz)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 680M 4GB
240GB Intel 520 SSD
Windows 8.1 Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>