Torva Messor View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Torva Messor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 5 build
    Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:22am
DS format

-Budget:

2500$-3000$+ (Solely for the computer)

Expectations:

Max settings on current games & somewhat future games on 1080p.

Usage:

Gaming, web surfing & possibly website coding.

Special Needs:

None

Saved Ticket #:

digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1481552

---

Personal format

Questions(No specific order):

1. Is there a 128GB version of the Samsung 950 PRO PCI-e SSD? Cause I intend to have everything on the HDD, the SSD will just be for programs & OS, so if 128GB version exists, I'd appreciate if an employee could change my current saved configuration.

2. Is there a 1080p, 24" or 27", 144hz capable, g-sync monitor out there? I tried looking for one, but no luck but I might just be bad at finding stuff on the internet.

3. This "OS Boost", what is that really? How much of a gain will I be getting from getting all the non-crucial programs disabled? It doesn't really specify what sort of programs they'll be disabling, just want the 45$ to be worth it.

4. What sort of "Future proof" is this build? This is a temporary computer for myself until I decide to go bigger & better & hopefully my 2nd desktop will be with DS if this goes swell. I'm just waiting on certain technologies to come out. I know the 1080 will kill everything on 1080p playing current games, so I think it's a decent "Future proof" for future games, is the 16GB enough or should I up it to 32GB?

5. What employee do I contact to get an old account & related posts to that account of mine deleted off the forums? Used my real life name in it, I'd like to get that fixed.

6. Is there anything that DS can do extra to protect the computer on it's travels to my destination? I live in Iceland, so that's going to be quite the travel for it. So again, anything DS can do extra? More foam inside the case, sturdier box material, more tape on the cardboard box, etc? Because if I have any issues I'm not sure if I'll be sending it back & forth, not sure if I gotta pay again the toll forth & back of the computer, so it's really 1-way & local tech savy people that would fix it if it's damaged or something wrong when it arrives.

Edited by Torva Messor - 31 Aug 2016 at 6:23am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:44am
1. You want your games on the ssd also. But no DS does not offer a smaller 950, I have not looked to see if there is one out there. Just checked the 250 is the smallest.

2. not sure on this one.

3. if your beast sees a difference from a measly os boost then there is something wrong with your system, you figure with 16GB of ram/ssd/current cpu at high speeds an os boost should not be noticeable, its not.

4. There is no such thing as future proof, you can either waste your money now and get overkill and then upgrade your gpu in 2 to 3 years or you can save your money, get what you need now and then upgrade gpu in 2 to 3 years, others ask folks with a 3 year old gpu.

5. [email protected]

6. I think you will get a crate since you are that far but you will have to work that out with them during your order.

Upgrade the 1060 after 2 to 3 years and you are good to go for the next 6 years.

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET (number 3 on the list) Or any other good light AV.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Aug 2016 at 6:46am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Torva Messor

6. Is there anything that DS can do extra to protect the computer on it's travels to my destination? I live in Iceland, so that's going to be quite the travel for it. So again, anything DS can do extra? More foam inside the case, sturdier box material, more tape on the cardboard box, etc? Because if I have any issues I'm not sure if I'll be sending it back & forth, not sure if I gotta pay again the toll forth & back of the computer, so it's really 1-way & local tech savy people that would fix it if it's damaged or something wrong when it arrives.

We have shipped many systems to Iceland with zero issues with our packaging as it's very sturdy and designed to handle multiple trips.

Quote Torva Messor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:49pm
I appreciate the help, the both of you. In this upcoming week, I'll probably pull the trigger on some configuration.

Edited by Torva Messor - 04 Sep 2016 at 1:50pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 12:36am
Our pleasure and good luck

Quote Torva Messor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:58am
I really appreciate the help, again. But I've decided to postpone my purchase, I'll continue to read every review, opinions of DS & I'll return once again to actually purchase my first DS rig, completely the way I want it.
MrButters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrButters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 7:00am

I really appreciate the help, again. But I've decided to postpone my purchase, I'll continue to read every review, opinions of DS & I'll return once again to actually purchase my first DS rig, completely the way I want it.

They have other lines other than the Vanquish that allow you to customize more of the options if that's your thing.  With your budget that seems more than doable, though I think some of the options you chose in your config are a bit of a waste of money, and that the total price for your config could include a very nice monitor and then some if you played your cards right.   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:20am
I gave him a config that is apollo with no waste.

Our pleasure and good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply