FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Level 4

Post Date: 2018-02-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lewt View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lewt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Level 4
    Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:23pm
Hello all! I purchased the Vanquish 7 Level 4 set up and it should arrive soon! Can't wait. I had some questions though.

1) Would it be wise to use MSI Afterburner, or is there already an OC program that is meant just for this build? I like MSI because I can see the fan temps while in game, and I use fraps to check the FPS while in game as well.

2) What upgrades would you suggest, can you name them all in order for me, being from least costly to most? Not just upgrades I mean, I think everything in there looks great, maybe what I mean is more additions to what is currently in there.

3) I am excited to get this PC, I have been waiting so long. I'm probably never going to use SLI any time soon, but on one page I noticed that it says it supports it on all of the specifications, but on the top of the page it claims it doesn't, kind've contradicting there.

4) I noticed it says "AIR: Stage 1: High-Performance Copper Heat Pipe Cooler", what would be Stage 2/Stage 3 and would it be recommended to upgrade to reach maximum OC performance from this computer to keep temps low, or is maximum OC potential already prebuilt and ready for selection once I receive the computer?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:11am
Welcome to DS! Congrats on your purchase.

What resolution are you going to be using? This will determine the answers to most of your questions.

I have a Vanquish Lvl 4 from 4 years ago and the upgrades/additions I have made so far are:

Replaced the GTX770 with a GTX1070
Added another 8GB of RAM (bought with 8GB)
Added another SSD (in process now) because my drives are getting full.

Now, this is a machine that's well out of warranty and it is still moving along very well, thank you, with no signs of aging. So, I think I can get a few more years from it.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:13am
Afterburner is an excellent program but I wouldn’t bother using it to overclock the video card.   Overclocking the card just doesn’t give much return for the added stress on the card.   You can, but I wouldn’t. It’s good for setting up a fan curve on the cards fan to keep it cooler, etc, if you wanted.

Same for the cpu.....the 8700k already Turbos to 4.7 MHz on single core and unless you just want to oc for fun or benchmarking I’d save your money and trouble.   If you do oc then you would want a better cooler.

The motherboard in Vanquish doesn’t allow sli.

Edited by bprat22 - 18 Feb 2018 at 2:14am
lewt View Drop Down

Quote lewt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Welcome to DS! Congrats on your purchase.

What resolution are you going to be using? This will determine the answers to most of your questions.

I have a Vanquish Lvl 4 from 4 years ago and the upgrades/additions I have made so far are:

Replaced the GTX770 with a GTX1070
Added another 8GB of RAM (bought with 8GB)
Added another SSD (in process now) because my drives are getting full.

Now, this is a machine that's well out of warranty and it is still moving along very well, thank you, with no signs of aging. So, I think I can get a few more years from it.

I got with the MSI 24 inch Optix G24C (Curved) (144Hz) (1ms) (1920x1080) So I'm thinking 1920x1080.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:17am
Congratulations and welcome to DS. You will enjoy it. Awesome
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:03am
Your Vanquish 4 is going to impress the heck out of you gaming at that res. I wouldn't look to change a thing for at least a couple of years!
 Post Reply Post Reply