FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish Lvl 4 Overheating?

Post Date: 2013-08-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wonkybritches View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wonkybritches Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish Lvl 4 Overheating?
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:24am
Just received my new Vanquish Lvl 4 and I'm loving it!

However, I'm new to the whole gaming PC thing and I'm worried.  I was playing BF3 last night for about 3 hours and my pc just switched off.  Does this mean it got overheated? 

My vanquish is liquid cooled.  Everything on it is standard prebuilt level 4.  If it was overheating how can I tell and what should I do about it?

Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:43am
Sorry to hear.    To check temps, download and install the free HWMonitor and run it.    Check it while gaming. It shows cpu core and gpu temps.    If temps climb into the 90s C, you have a problem.

To check the H 60 sealed cooler, pull side cover and put your finger on the pump unit mounted to cpu/mobo.    It should vibrate a bit.    Check the plug from the pump to see if its plugged in for power.   Make sure the fan on the radiator is turning/plugged in.

Just checking, but did you remove the expanded foam pack inside the mobo cavity?   Inside the left cover.   Some have it some don't but check in case.

Check all connectors to motherboard, video card, etc while inside the case.

Make sure the power plug on the back is seated tight.   Its a common problem as some are real tight.   

Good luck.

Edited by bprat22 - 17 Aug 2013 at 6:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply