FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish Questions!

Post Date: 2015-06-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KenticusRex View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenticusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish Questions!
    Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 3:19pm
Budget:
Trying to stay close to $1000

Expectations:
I would primarily like to play MMOs (Tera, Vindictus, Blade & Soul) on their max settings in 1080p and not have to deal with much in the way of frames sagging down below 45ish

Usage:
Gaming, very casual web surfing (YouTube, for example)

Special Needs:
None

I will be the first person to admit that I don't have enough experience with gaming PCs to have one iota of knowledge as to what I'm doing in the selection process. Specs are like a foreign language to me. I was a console gamer until I received an ------------- laptop a couple of years ago as a gift, and my experience with the laptop has brought me into the world of PC gaming.

I'm looking to upgrade to a desktop without breaking the bank, so obviously, the Vanquish line of PCs is of interest to me, specifically Vanquish Level 2. My girlfriend and I are both gamers and very often play games, specifically MMOs, together since we maintain a long-distance relationship.

Anyway, long story short, my ---------- struggles to play these MMOs at max, and I admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for pretty graphics. While my laptop isn't really quite souped up enough to hit 60fps with Vindictus or Blade & Soul, two mentioned above, it should be fine for Tera, but I constantly dip down to 10-15 frames. I understand this may be because of the "optimization" problems I have read about when it comes to Tera and these other MMOs on laptops and because of dense numbers of characters on screen.

...That was a lot of rambling for me to ask - is the Vanquish Level 2 capable of keeping these games running on max settings at 45-60 frames? Will it be able to maintain that quality in situations where there are a lot of characters and effects on the screen? Does the optimization issue factor in at all?

And how does this desktop perform with games such as GTAV?

Thank you, and I apologize for the wall of text.   

Competitor name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 08 Jun 2015 at 3:56am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 4:24pm
Hi KenticusRex... The level 2 Vanquish from benches I've seen will game GTAV on a 1080p on Ultra at 40 and 50 fps. Lowering settings to High will give you better results. The gtx 960 is a decent card for the resolution.

If at all possible, the level 3 with its gtx 970 will give you a good 50% better performance. Plus, more longevity as future games get more demanding.   

Level 2 will give you very good gaming. The level 3 if you can.

Hope this helps.
IronShadowDragon View Drop Down

Quote IronShadowDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 12:10am
k
R A I N B O W
KenticusRex View Drop Down

Quote KenticusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:00am
Thank you for the info, bprat! I assume those same performance increases with the Level 3 would apply to anything, including the MMOs, right?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:07am
Every game is different, but in general, it would be the same.  If an MMO is very cpu heavy then the difference might be less, but still 970 is much better across the board.   
 Post Reply Post Reply