FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velox or Aventum 3, please help with configuration

Post Date: 2016-10-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dorisy2254 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Velox or Aventum 3, please help with configuration
    Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 3:07pm
Dear DS,
Need your guys help for a new PC. Thanks a lot!
My budget is around $6,000.

1) Case
I have been looking at the Bolt 3, Velox, and Aventum 3.
I like Bolt for its compact size. However, Velox seems has better air flow.
Among 3 case, I love Aventum the most. Aventum 3 is gorgeous, but it seems gigantic. I watched some YouTube unboxing video, it looks really big.
So I’m wondering if any Aventum 3 owner can share some comparison pics of their PCs.
Can one person move/lift this beast? Is it weight around160 lbs based on some of the reviews?

2) Expectations
Gaming on max setting and steaming.

3) Configurations
Monitor & GPU:
I’m looking to buy ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 IPS 100Hz G-SYNC Eye Care Gaming Monitor or Acer Predator 34-inch Curved UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) 144Hz NVIDIA G-Sync Widescreen Display (X34 bmiphz).

I won’t upgrade to 4K monitor for next 2 years. While I do want to play my game with VR.
So, my question is : should I get 2 GTX 1080 sli, single 1080, or maybe single titan? Don’t want to overkill.

Cooling:
I do want to add HydroLux PRO. For the look the performance.

Storage:
SSD for OS and 1 large HDD for movies, photos, comics and so on. May add more later on.

4) For my configurations, should I get a bolt 3, velox or Aventum 3? Back to question 1, I really like Aventum 3 case, but I don’t want to have a huge case that half of the space is empty.

Config ID 1506090 with Aventum 3.

Config ID 1506089 with Velox.

Thank you so much for your time!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm
Your builds have contradictions within them.

First you need to decide if you want performance or less noise. None of those cases are gonna help with reducing the noise, added fans brings extra noise, and at the end to truly get ride of noise you need custom lc system on the cpu and gpu. At the end you will sacrifice one for the other no matter what anyone tells you, so decide which is more important then we will go from there.

If you want the best bang for the buck we have lots more to discuss but lets see which is more important to you.
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:10pm
i would get the aventum 3  with a samsung 960 pro.  aventum 3 is the best case made in usa

if u want to build a 6000 $ pc with high end parts, there is gonna be some noise you can upgrade to less quite fans.

more headroom to upgrade later on

down the line if u want to build a new pc u can get the parts yourself and use the case. its a awesome case. nothing else like it that ive seen.
. you should be able to move it yourself.

i want to get an aventum really customized gonna cost me about 11 12 grand.

if there is anyone that has a aventum 3 though some pix and insight on how the LQ loop works, that would be nice. im wondering how adding the modo and ram to the LQ loop will work
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:20pm
@Valod look in the review section there are a couple of people with aventum, you can see some pics there.

Not sure what you meant by adding mobo and ram to the LC loop works. Keep in mind its LC, not LQ. Liquid Cooling, LQ could be referring to the liquid and make things confusing.

as far as cases go all between velox and aventum they are both great cases, depends what you get in it and what you want to use it for. For example I would never recommend the aventum for a air cooled system but I would recommend velox for both air and lc, again it depends on what you are getting, for full LC the aventum is a great choice.

as for your mobo and ram block its just added in the loop.

I hope that help clear some stuff up

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Oct 2016 at 11:21pm
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:50pm
sorry im dyslexic i ment LC. LIQUID COOLED. somehow i mixed up the Q  in liquid with the C cooled

he said he wants hydrolux pro.  for that i would get the aventum and put it somewhere where i can look at it.

as far as the video goes im thinking one titan x or 2 1080s i dunno im doing research on that myself.

Edited by valod - 18 Oct 2016 at 11:54pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 12:25am
Well first let me say, as I was with you, we like to keep our recommendation based on facts so lets hold off on recommending things till we better understand what he wants. He did say he like to have hydrolux pro but he also said he wants to have no waste, so lets wait for his answer first and then give him some info and then lets see what he thinks about it. I say that with the utmost respect so I hope that it comes across that way.

I will explain the differences in the gpu selection after he responds so that I don't confuse him and have to repeat myself again later in the thread

I agree with you if he wants hydro pro and the other parts I'm thinking about aventum is the way to go, I alway say if you want the best performance don't limit your system by amount of space you have at home or anything that puts limits on the system other then the parts themselves, but ya the aventum is the best case for all around LC here and that is a fact   

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Oct 2016 at 2:57am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 5:30am
i thought he only wanted no waste on the gup/cpu. the way he said he wants the hydrolux pro, it seemed like he was pretty adamant about i. i could be wrong
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 5:48am
Or I could have misunderstood or maybe some info we will give him will change his mind when he has all the facts, but only way we will know is by waiting for him to respond and then we can take it from there.

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:41am
Originally posted by DST4ME

Your builds have contradictions within them.

First you need to decide if you want performance or less noise. None of those cases are gonna help with reducing the noise, added fans brings extra noise, and at the end to truly get ride of noise you need custom lc system on the cpu and gpu. At the end you will sacrifice one for the other no matter what anyone tells you, so decide which is more important then we will go from there.

If you want the best bang for the buck we have lots more to discuss but lets see which is more important to you.

Thank you for reply! b(^o^)d
I want the performance.

I add the fans just because I thought those are default choice... Do I need those fans If I have custom LC system on CPU + GPU? Will remove unnecessary fans.

Noise reduction is not my primary focus as long as it is maintained in a reasonable range.

Love Aventum 3. Just not sure I can handle its weight...
Thanks again for your advice (o゚▽゚)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 7:58am
With full LC and all the stuff your system is gonna be heavy no matter what. Per DS the aventum is around 90 lbs loaded and the velox is 70 lbs loaded (depending).

IMHO you gonna be around 10 lbs difference between those two, so from weight point of its really preference, I'm sure 10 lbs is not a decision breaker for you. So lets go over some other stuff and see if the answer to those will help direct us to a case.

So performance is the first priority, got it. But let me ask you this, if your room temp is at 75f or lower, the hydro lux pro is pure luxury. Depending on the gpu choice which I will go over later, if we see we just need to lc the cpu, we can go with hydrolux lite on cpu or both cpu and gpu and you can have good temps.

So what is your room temp and are you open to hydrolux lite or other options other then the hydrolux pro if you are still within a good range in temps? (this will save money yet keep us in the range we want to be in).

I think the answer to that will help us pick a case for you and set a tone for which direction you want to go in.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Oct 2016 at 7:59am

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:01am
Originally posted by valod

i would get the aventum 3  with a samsung 960 pro.  aventum 3 is the best case made in usa if u want to build a 6000 $ pc with high end parts, there is gonna be some noise you can upgrade to less quite fans.more headroom to upgrade later ondown the line if u want to build a new pc u can get the parts yourself and use the case. its a awesome case. nothing else like it that ive seen.. you should be able to move it yourself.i want to get an aventum really customized gonna cost me about 11 12 grand.if there is anyone that has a aventum 3 though some pix and insight on how the LQ loop works, that would be nice. im wondering how adding the modo and ram to the LQ loop will work

Thank you for reply.
Love the look and design of Aventum 3.
According to DS, it is designed for easy upgrade with LC and pre-wired on the back.
I just hope I be able to move it to my bedroom.

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:34am

With full LC and all the stuff your system is gonna be heavy no matter what. Per DS the aventum is around 90 lbs loaded and the velox is 70 lbs loaded (depending).

IMHO you gonna be around 10 lbs difference between those two, so from weight point of its really preference, I'm sure 10 lbs is not a decision breaker for you. So lets go over some other stuff and see if the answer to those will help direct us to a case.

So performance is the first priority, got it. But let me ask you this, if your room temp is at 75f or lower, the hydro lux pro is pure luxury. Depending on the gpu choice which I will go over later, if we see we just need to lc the cpu, we can go with hydrolux lite on cpu or both cpu and gpu and you can have good temps.

So what is your room temp and are you open to hydrolux lite or other options other then the hydrolux pro if you are still within a good range in temps? (this will save money yet keep us in the range we want to be in).

I think the answer to that will help us pick a case for you and set a tone for which direction you want to go in.

Thank you!
90+- lbs seems reasonable for a case this big.
I live in NJ, near NYC. In summer, room temp is around 75-78 with AC turned on. I'm open to Hydrolux lite.

My old laptop's temp can climb to around 180f very quick when I'm trying to play game Thanks!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:00am
Laptop is a totally different beast.

Ok so if you want to go hydrolux lite we can go with velox, you will have great performance and save money at the same time, your temps will be within the acceptable range. We can go the more expensive route and go hydrolux pro, your temps will be better than hydro lite but either way your temps will be within the acceptable range.

So its up to you, if you want to

1. go aventum and hydro pro

2. go velox with hydro pro

3. go velox with hydro lite ( this will save some good money)

All 3 will give you great temps.

keep in mind that with the pro you have more maintenance and with any lc system expect to work on that lc system.

Keeping the info above in mind let me know which you choice you like better 1,2 or 3.

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:13am

Laptop is a totally different beast.

Ok so if you want to go hydrolux lite we can go with velox, you will have great performance and save money at the same time, your temps will be within the acceptable range. We can go the more expensive route and go hydrolux pro, your temps will be better than hydro lite but either way your temps will be within the acceptable range.

So its up to you, if you want to

1. go aventum and hydro pro

2. go velox with hydro pro

3. go velox with hydro lite ( this will save some good money)

All 3 will give you great temps.

keep in mind that with the pro you have more maintenance and with any lc system expect to work on that lc system.

Keeping the info above in mind let me know which you choice you like better 1,2 or 3.

I prefer 1 and 3. Among 1 and 3, maybe 1>3 a litte bit?
Thank you!

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:59am
Ok thank you, now on the gpu.

for 1440p normally we say get a 1070, but in your case a 1080 would do great in games and that res, however for VR right now only 2 games need more power than the 1080, however one assumes as newer games come out there would be need for more power, so taking that into account and the fact that you have a high budget perhaps going with a single titan is the best case for you, but for regular gaming the 1080 will do great, its more for vr that I'm recommending the titan and as far as I know sli and VR either don't work together or at least for now there is no support for it.

So what would you like to do with gpu? go single titan or single 1080 or sli 1080 (keep in mind the sli will be for regular games not VR, also keep in mind some games have issues with sli).

while you decide that let me tell you that right now looking at an aventum with titan and sli I'm already over 6K but I'm at low 6k.

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:00am

Ok thank you, now on the gpu.

for 1440p normally we say get a 1070, but in your case a 1080 would do great in games and that res, however for VR right now only 2 games need more power than the 1080, however one assumes as newer games come out there would be need for more power, so taking that into account and the fact that you have a high budget perhaps going with a single titan is the best case for you, but for regular gaming the 1080 will do great, its more for vr that I'm recommending the titan and as far as I know sli and VR either don't work together or at least for now there is no support for it.

So what would you like to do with gpu? go single titan or single 1080 or sli 1080 (keep in mind the sli will be for regular games not VR, also keep in mind some games have issues with sli).

while you decide that let me tell you that right now looking at an aventum with titan and sli I'm already over 6K but I'm at low 6k.

Thank you for such informative advice, I will go with single Titan for future VR. Thank you!   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:16am

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:22pm
i wonder if they can add fan controllers to the aventum 3 . i like that analog vibe.the less software im running the better i feel
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by valod

i wonder if they can add fan controllers to the aventum 3 . i like that analog vibe.the less software im running the better i feel
it comes with a fan controller (you can see it on your build sheet, it's the DS thermal board and software).
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote dorisy2254 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 6:59am

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.

Thank you, DST4ME.
One last thing - color combination for Aventum 3.
Blue finish, yellow fluid and blue cable/yellow cable.
Any advice? (◕‿◕✿)

Edited by dorisy2254 - 20 Oct 2016 at 6:59am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:51am
Colors are purely up to you and a personal choice, if you are not sure then try searching on the net and look at different color combo that you like and then ask DS for that.
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:39am
Looks just amazing!! Good luck!   
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse