FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very satisfied with Bolt 3

Post Date: 2015-11-20

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Very satisfied with Bolt 3
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:16pm
I've had my Bolt 3 since Mid August and 3 months with it I'm very happy. This is my first real Gaming PC and it took a while for me to decide (I even had time to look at the Bolt 2 before Bolt 3 released) but when I heard there would be a Bolt 3 coming out I had to wait. With my build, I at first was skeptical about not having liquid cooling but after many uses it does not get too hot like you might think and I play for many hours at a time. Here's my build you can tell me what you think I should improve on for my next build (I will be buying here again in the far future.) Also the games I have been playing with it so far all on max settings: Grand Theft Auto 5, Wolfenstein the New Order, World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor, Dying Light, And my most recent Fallout 4. All games plays smoothly at max settings. Thank you for my awesome PC rig DS :D


Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Bolt 3
Exterior Finish: Black Brushed Aluminum Hairline Finish
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Acrylic
Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97I-PLUS (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Mini-ITX)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 600W SilverStone SX600-G (Gold Plus Rated) (Supports up to GTX TITAN X)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (120GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: High Performance Cooler with Five Heatpipes
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Black 120mm Fans
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Display: Acer 24 inch (Widescreen) (Black) (High-Performance Gaming Display)
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 (Laser 8200 dpi) (MMO and RTS Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired)


Edited by johnnyb79 - 20 Nov 2015 at 9:25pm
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE
Avatar
In Iceland
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10045
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 8:55am
Awesome! Thank you for the review! Awesome

Do you happen to have any pictures? Big%20Smile
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18116
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:13am
Nice.  AwesomeBig%20Smile

Yeah, a picture or two would be great. 
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15338
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:43pm
Thank you for posting your review, please add some photos and showoff where you have it setup!
Back to Top
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:48pm
Here's a couple pictures when I had first got it
Back to Top
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:49pm
cant seem to have the picture face upright sorry about that
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18116
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:56pm
Nice looking rig.

Thanks for posting them.
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE
Avatar
In Iceland
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10045
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:03pm
Oh man, it looks slick from the side. I mean, the side of the case, not just the sideways photo. Hahaha

And yes, thanks for posting some pics!
Back to Top
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:12pm
I just took this one with monitor, keyboard, mouse included
Back to Top
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:13pm
hah yeah I'm not sure why they are coming out sideways like that the original is up right
Back to Top
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Avatar
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1876
  Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 2:36pm
very nice thanks for sharing!
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 2800MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Intel 750 400GB PCIE-NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
2xSLI Asus GTX 980ti Strix
Windows 10Pro
Back to Top
johnnyb79 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote johnnyb79 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by db188

very nice thanks for sharing!

Don't mind at all! When I was looking at getting it right after it released there wasn't too many people who had it at the time and the few pictures there were out there I did appreciate
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a moderator. Keeping the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5888
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:29pm
I do like the compact look of the Bolt 3.. nice looking unit. Thanks for the review and pics!!   
Back to Top
Atlas View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
  Quote Atlas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:13am
I have been loving my Bolt 3 as well. The size + performance combo is great.

My acrylic panel came with several mini scratches which bugs me a bit. Did anyone else have that? Anyone have ideas for remedying that?
Bolt III
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18116
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:29am
Hi Atlas.... Get in touch with DS about the scratches.   They might just send you a new panel.
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a moderator. Keeping the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5888
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:44am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Atlas.... Get in touch with DS about the scratches.   They might just send you a new panel.


↑   This   ↑


Even "minor" scratches can take away from the full customer satisfaction that DS prides itself on.... Give 'em a call, it can't hurt.   
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15338
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:59am
Contact us and we'll take care of it.
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a moderator. Keeping the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5888
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Alex

Contact us and we'll take care of it.
and there you have it.
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE
Avatar
In Iceland
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10045
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 6:10pm
Just for the record DS replaced the entire "shell" on my Bolt I due to some scratches, so they do care about and take these things seriously, for anyone reading and watching.  Strong
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2891
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 12:02am
Awesome+1


Edited by hoserator - 25 Nov 2015 at 12:03am
Back to Top
mmorath09 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
  Quote mmorath09 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:05am
Originally posted by johnnyb79

I've had my Bolt 3 since Mid August and 3 months with it I'm very happy. This is my first real Gaming PC and it took a while for me to decide (I even had time to look at the Bolt 2 before Bolt 3 released) but when I heard there would be a Bolt 3 coming out I had to wait. With my build, I at first was skeptical about not having liquid cooling but after many uses it does not get too hot like you might think and I play for many hours at a time. Here's my build you can tell me what you think I should improve on for my next build (I will be buying here again in the far future.) Also the games I have been playing with it so far all on max settings: Grand Theft Auto 5, Wolfenstein the New Order, World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor, Dying Light, And my most recent Fallout 4. All games plays smoothly at max settings. Thank you for my awesome PC rig DS :D


Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Bolt 3
Exterior Finish: Black Brushed Aluminum Hairline Finish
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Acrylic
Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97I-PLUS (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Mini-ITX)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 600W SilverStone SX600-G (Gold Plus Rated) (Supports up to GTX TITAN X)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (120GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: High Performance Cooler with Five Heatpipes
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Black 120mm Fans
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Display: Acer 24 inch (Widescreen) (Black) (High-Performance Gaming Display)
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 (Laser 8200 dpi) (MMO and RTS Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired)


What FPS do you get with GTA? I'm very interested in the Bolt but was recommended for the Velox as I want to use my 4K TV as the monitor.
-Mike
Back to Top
althor007 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
  Quote althor007 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 10:23am
Hello I just ordered my DS pc and am very exited this is the configuration of my Bolt 3 System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Bolt 3
Exterior Finish: Black Brushed Aluminum Hairline Finish
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Acrylic
Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170N-Gaming 5 (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) (Up to 1x PCI-E Device)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 450W SilverStone ST45SF (Bronze Rated) (Supports up to GTX 980)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (250GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB SeagateWestern DigitalToshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i GTX - 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme Performance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: High Static Pressure - Corsair Air Series SP120 Fans (2x 120mm)
Internal Lighting: Software Controlled Internal + Front Panel RGB LED Lighting (Requires Airflow Control Upgrade)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: Acer 25 inch G257HL (IPS Display) (1920x1080)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: Logitech Z313 2.1 System (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: CM Storm Devastator Bundle (Blue LED Edition) (Gaming Keyboard & Gaming Mouse) I am Exited cant wait!!!
Back to Top
Dovaogedy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 May 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
  Quote Dovaogedy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:09am
Im thinking about getting a Bolt 3 sometime within the next few months and its nice being able to see some reviews on it from people, plus Linus gave it some great reviews which is how i got interested in Digital Storm in the first place.

The only concerns i have are with trying to upgrade the computer, im looking into getting a rig built for 1440p/4k gaming

Is it a pain to upgrade the GPU on the bolt?

If i do need to upgrade at some point, could i contact Digital Storm to see what kind of cards are compatible with their case?

Ive been considering the Apollo because of upgrade-ability but the Bolt 3 is such a sweet looking case.


Back to Top
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Avatar
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1876
  Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:14am
i wouldn't get a Bolt for 4k+gaming if i were you.   you're going to want two of the top tier cards to run anything resembling smooth at high settings.   now, you're covered at 2k (1440p) and lower resolutions with a single card like the 980ti.   
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 2800MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Intel 750 400GB PCIE-NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
2xSLI Asus GTX 980ti Strix
Windows 10Pro
Back to Top
Dovaogedy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 May 2016
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
  Quote Dovaogedy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:23am
Originally posted by db188

i wouldn't get a Bolt for 4k+gaming if i were you.   you're going to want two of the top tier cards to run anything resembling smooth at high settings.   now, you're covered at 2k (1440p) and lower resolutions with a single card like the 980ti.   


Yeah i was thinking i would eventually need two of the top tier cards like you mentioned, and the Apollo case was one i was looking at which is one of the things that has me looking at Digital Storm. Plus upgrading on the Apollo would be much easier IMO.

Its going to be a few months for me before i can order, but my PC I built myself back in 2014 is holding me over for now.

The PC i built was poorly put together, stock heat sink, some of the case fans dont work, some of the USB ports in the front dont work, i hate the case and theirs no cable management so it looks like a birds nest in there LOL

DS PC's look really well put together, they got the case i want(Corsair 760T) and they are close by(I live about 130 miles from Fremont) so i cant wait until i can finally order mine.

Should i go with 6 core long term or go with Skylake? Ive been leaning towards 6 cores.


Edited by Dovaogedy - 04 May 2016 at 11:25am
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.2265625 seconds.