FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this computer reach my needs?

Post Date: 2015-07-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ninonocae View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ninonocae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Will this computer reach my needs?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 6:33pm
So, I'm fairly computer illiterate. For the past week and a half I've been trying to find a computer that fits the needs I have. I need it to be able to let me do my college course-work (Pretty much a given for all computers) but I also want to be able to run (HOPEFULLY at maximum graphics) games such as Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls online and Fallout 4 when it comes out. The computer I've been using has had the following specs (according to systemrequirementslab.com): Processor AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300, Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Suffice to say it has troubles running games like TES III: Morrowind.

But finally I think I've found a computer that'll fit what I want. I've been looking at the Vanquish 3, Level 3. It seems like that would do what I want it to do (see above). Is that correct?

If this computer runs well and can run the games I want it to at decent settings, I'm sold. And hopefully my computer search can FINALLY end.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 6:41pm
Are you planning on running your games at 1080p resolution? If so, the GTX 970 found in the level 3 should be plenty of power.

However if you want to enable anti-aliasing, add a bunch of mods, and play at absolute max settings, then I suspect that the level 4 would be more future proof. With that said, the level 3 still has plenty of horsepower that shouldn't have an issue with those games at high/very high settings.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 12:49am
What Nav said

3 would be great, but 4 would put a cherry on the top of that sundae!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:49am
The Vanquish level 3 is a excellent deal. It's gtx 970 is a strong card and best bang for your buck.     The gtx 980 in level 4 is about 15% stronger.   

Either will give you great gaming.   
 Post Reply Post Reply