FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4k recommendations?

Post Date: 2015-08-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Posivated View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Posivated Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 4k recommendations?
    Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:32pm
I want my next DS PC to be 4k able but not sure what I would need. I also would like to use 3 monitors, only one being 4k being the primary gaming screen and my other 2 for utility. What would I need to for this to work?
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:17pm
One or two (SLI) 980 Ti or Titan X cards will do the trick. That's about it for what is needed to do really well 4K. Either Z170 or X99 platforms will work.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:55pm
there's currently no single card solution as of this precise moment in time that can satisfactorily drive 4k gaming.  frame drops and dips, stuttering, plus the limitations of the monitors themselves with poor refresh rates/lack of features all combine for a less than palatable experience.  then you have to ask yourself, is all that high end expensive hardware worth less than a high quality experience?  it reminds me of a dog chasing its tail. 

the only way to compensate is with a multi, high end card solution.  you then venture into the realm of uncertainties/unreliability with sli/xfire. 

my serious recommendation on 4k is to wait until the Pascal vid cards with NvLink release in the second half of 2016.  this tech just might allow single card-driven, high quality gaming experiences at 4/5K.  this also gives monitor tech some time to advance. 

my belief is that as of this moment in time 1440p offers the best gaming experience, with a GTX 980ti or Titan X at the helm.       
 Post Reply Post Reply