FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt3 water cooler system.

Post Date: 2017-02-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Masimo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Masimo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt3 water cooler system.
    Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 12:12pm
Looking to see if anyone can answer. I had my bolt built just over a year ago. Would anyone know the water cooling system used so I can look up some data on it. Also what cooling solution is used. When gets low can it just be filled up with the same solution or does it need to be flushed and fully replaced?

Also anyone able to provide advice on best way to flush the system and method. Looking down the future.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 1:52pm
If you got Hydrolux, it will be a Swiftech system. If you got an All-in-one, it will probably be a Corsair.

You can add distilled water to it, if the levels get low. Only if it gets hazy or murky will you need/want to drain and replace the fluid.

There are pre-mixed solutions or concentrate solution (like copper sulphate) to add to distilled water. Here are a few sites that specialize in this stuff:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/watercooling-fluids
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g30/c337/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Coolant_-_Brand.html
https://modmymods.com/liquid.html
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:02pm
Judging from their past posts they have the Swiftech cooler. So all the links Double Square listed should be helpful
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Masimo View Drop Down

Quote Masimo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:20pm
Thank you for the information very helpful and was able to confirm it is a Swiftech.

Any suggestion on how to empty and flush the system with cause any damage. This is my first water cooled system so wouldn't want to cause any damage. Since these are custom installs by DS.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 2:42am
I haven't done it since no experience with those coolers, but the fill port on the Swiftech units is on the right side of the reservoir.    I believe you'll need to remove it to empty and refill it.   Tipping the whole Bolt unit , leaving the reservoir in place, I guess is possible but could get real messy.

Masimo View Drop Down

Quote Masimo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 12:54pm
So was looking to find some parts for the swifttech to possible replace the recpeticle on the top left of the unit to a strait one so I can maybe rerun the top tubing on the CPU directly around from the top.

Can anyone verify it they used hte H220x or h240x in the Bolt3, would assume the 220 since there are 2 120 fans cooling it.

Also can anyone suggest where I can maybe get different part for this pump? Been looking around to no luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply