Post Date: 2015-02-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LoudPCWTF View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LoudPCWTF Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Loud PC
    Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 1:26pm
Just got a new Bolt II and it is loud even when it's not doing anything. I adjusted the fan speeds and it didn't help at all. Any ideas?

Thanks
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 2:04pm
Noise is very subjective so it's tough to say. You've used Fan Xpert or Bios to turn them down?   If you have their Hydrolux control board it has to be done with the software that came with it. Try to determine where the noise is coming from. Psu on the bottom, rad fans, etc.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 2:16pm
The fans by default are connected to the H100i, if you opted for the "240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)" or the "Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board" if you selected that option.

I going to guess you have the H100i and not the control board and what is happening is that only the H100i pump is connected to the motherboard fan header and the fans are connected to the pump. You either need to:

- Install the Corsair Link software and make sure the USB link from the pump is installed (It wasn't on mine when I received it, although I am not using it). To install the connector, there should be one in your box that has a right-angle mini-USB connector on one end and a 9-pin connector on the other...plug the mini-USB side into the pump and route the cable to plug the 9-pin connector to the USB hub on the back of the front side of the case (you'll see it to the right of the GPU). It should detect the pump and you may be able to figure it out...if not, call DS and they can help you with this.

- You can disconnect the fans from the pump and plug them directly into fan headers on the motherboard (they will be 3-pin, but they will fit into 4-pin motherboard headers). You may need to completely disassemble the radiator-fan assembly to rotate the fans to get enough length on the cables to reach the fan headers, or you can buy an extension cable. This is the route I and some others have taken as Corsair Link has had some issues in the past and you can't get the full range of fan adjustments with the fan controller on the pump.

Good luck! I have been able to get my Bolt II to be extremely quiet, with only the sound of the PSU for the most part (I installed an EVGA GTX 970 FTW with ACX 2.0 cooler that will stop the fans at lower temperatures).

Edited by  - 07 Feb 2015 at 2:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply