FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 5 > The rest?

Post Date: 2016-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Posivated View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Posivated Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 5 > The rest?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 5:38am
So I've been looking at getting a new PC and it seems that the level 4 of the vanquish 5 has very good parts but is cheaper than every other PC that has a GTX 1080, the only difference that I can see is the CPU. Just wondering why someone would buy a different PC such as the Apollo or Bolt compared to the Vanquish, or is it just the look of the PC?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 6:44am
The systems here are just preconfiged and given a name.

Long story short, if you want to know which is the best pc for you, then the answer is tell us what your needs are.

is this for gaming? if yes what is the native resolution of the monitor this pc is suppose to power?

those 2 answers can help us give you the biggest bang for your buck as far as power goes.

The cases can be changed within builds so the look is just the case that can be changed.

For vanquish its a heavily prefigured where you can't changed much.

the 6700k right now is the best cpu for gaming over the brodwell line. but depending on your needs and how tight budget is one can go lower.

We go with other configs due to the fact that you can pick other parts where as in vanquish your are stuck with the case/mobo/etc, which is important, I tend to get better reliability from certain brand names over others. For example even tho ram is pretty much the same I find better reliability in corsair ram, for ssd I like to know what I'm getting so it would be samsung here, for psu I like particular psu over others due to better performance, etc.

Bolt is for those of us that are on a very tight budget. but if budget allows its always best to go with known brand names for reliability/quality and sometimes perforamnce. corsair ram/psu, ssd samsung, cpu cooler noctua for air, etc, etc.

Edited by DST4ME - 08 Jul 2016 at 6:53am
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:57am
The Vanquish 5 line is our introductory line, has limited customization and is very aggressively priced. All our other lines are fully customizable but cost more than the Vanquish 5 line even for the same components.

There are many people here in the forums that can give you good advice on a build if you provide the information as DST4ME suggested above.
All evil comes from within,
Not from Without,
Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path,
Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy.

 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:08am
You can opt for the 6700K in the Vanquish if you so option. The only limitation I see is that the computer is not upgradeable to an SLI configuration. For that you'd need to swap out the motherboard and probably want to upgrade the PSU along with the additional GPU, but is doable but most expensive than just adding a second GPU.
MrButters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrButters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:33pm
FWIW, I'm loving my Vanquish 5.

I went with the ultimate but downgraded the graphics to the 970 to upgrade the processor and memory.  I may upgrade the graphics some time next year when prices drop.

You might consider having more fans installed initially though, as the more airflow you have the better. 
 Post Reply Post Reply