Post Date: 2014-07-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Problems with Direct Post Links
    Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:20am
Is anyone having issues directly linking to a post (not a thread, but a specific post)?

Its always worked in the past for me, but ever since the recent forum changes I can't link to a specific post. It just links to the top of the page that that post is on.

Just curious if its on my end or not. Confused
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:02pm
I don't think I've ever been able to link to a specific post, just the thread as a whole. and reference to a post within it.  

Maybe I just never tried before.   Big%20Smile
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:40pm
Odd, it used to work for me. You can see what I'm talking about in my review thread for Mr. Bojangles. The first two links (1/2 year and 1 year) link to a specific post, but after that it only links to the top of the page. Oh well, not the end of the world by any means. Big%20Smile
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Is anyone having issues directly linking to a post (not a thread, but a specific post)?Its always worked in the past for me, but ever since the recent forum changes I can't link to a specific post. It just links to the top of the page that that post is on.Just curious if its on my end or not. Confused

Ignore this... I'm playing around with the get and post actions from the forums to see if I can figure out a way.

Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Meller

Originally posted by Tidgxor

Is anyone having issues directly linking to a post (not a thread, but a specific post)?Its always worked in the past for me, but ever since the recent forum changes I can't link to a specific post. It just links to the top of the page that that post is on.Just curious if its on my end or not. Confused

Ignore this... I'm playing around with the get and post actions from the forums to see if I can figure out a way.

o.O
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:10pm
Ok...

So I've figured out a slight work around. if you're commented on the thread, you'll see you get a new link in the post section of the URL. But to make this simple.

you're notice in the link i'm about to share that at the there there is a .../#<numerical value>

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/problems-with-direct-post-links-tidf22844-pidf/#255022

This value is unique to that thread, but works in a linear fashion. So for example, if my last reply was #255022, then counting back to say bprat, it would be 255019. So to link directly to his reply in this thread, it would be:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/problems-with-direct-post-links-tidf22844-pidf/#255019

Make sense? Now I'm not 100% how well this will work if you have people that have deleted this replies and what not, but at least it's a start.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
 Post Reply Post Reply