FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best video game company?

Post Date: 2009-09-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StrikeForce View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote StrikeForce Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Best video game company?
    Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:21pm
I was reading a few posts else where about the titans of the gaming industry, and how american developers apperantly suck...but correct me if im wrong isnt Blizzard an American Company?! Lol they are like the gods of the gaming industry. I dont think they have made a flop yet...except starcraft ghost but im not sure if that was even realesed..what do you guys think.

its blizzard for me.

I mean what other company can say they have a game that is pratically a religion for a whole country. Ie Starcraft and South Korea
aaronevil View Drop Down

Quote aaronevil Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:58pm
If we are talking about who we think makes the highest quality games, I would say Bethesda. I prefer quality over quantity.
Chris91 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Chris91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 8:00pm
American developers make great games, and I actually think it's all the eastern european game developers that make some of the worst games i have ever seen. in terms of blizzard being the best, i'd have to disagree.

The one thing I really admire about blizzard is the fact that they postpone their deadlines constantly to perfect their games. As much as that gets a lot of people upset, in the long run it was all worth it. When it comes to blizzard, in my eyes their only good for starcraft..i hate mmos and rpgs, so blizzard doesn't wow me that much.

Other developers out there that really do make impressive games are Relic, Capcom, Sega, Gas Powered Games, Epic, Valve, heck even EA (but damn they really gotta get rid of their drm stuff) and microsoft..and that's just to name a few. American developers don't suck i'll give these companies credit cause they do produce a lot of fantastic titles. However, my only problem is that there are to many clones of each other (like every shooter using the unreal engine and producing cookie-cutter games).

Personally, i don't have a favourite developer, there are just too many to name that are really awesome

Edited by Chris91 - 16 Sep 2009 at 8:01pm
StrikeForce View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote StrikeForce Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:29am

Well i wasnt saying that I think Blizzard makes the best games in terms of what I play just the fact that the games they have made are just about always "Game of the Year" and are great wether you play them or not..ie tons of peple agree that the game is great. Although im kind of an RTS fan but the only one I ever got into and played in the competition world was SC..loved that game. Played WoW for a bit but thats it as far as Blizzard games go.

Obsidan..makes great rpgs

would also say EA since im an FPSer...BF1942 BF2SF are just great..

But EA has its flaws...they love to buy ppl out too lol.

I would also say the Army... I played AA for about 2 years before i joined..and loved the hell out of it. Guess they are killing it now tho. They used 7 million of tax papyers money to make that game...lol!

I also love CODMW...im kind of a war junkie..but thats what I mean about EA they bought that franchise from activison was it? Made it way better and re sold it...

Anyways im starting to ramble..got 4 hrs of sleep lastnight and I gotta go play in the desert.

Chris91 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Chris91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 6:29pm
dam ! $7 million of the public's money to fund a game Smile!
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 8:22pm
i dont like blizzard games really, RPG's arent for me
i like Valve, the guys who made counterstrike1.6

InfiniteWorries View Drop Down

Quote InfiniteWorries Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 9:05pm
I like Acitivision, Ubisoft and Valve games, though I really don't look for "who made it," but it's that their games seem to really appeal to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply