FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1080ti Blower cooler?

Post Date: 2018-04-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FiveMinuteHero View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FiveMinuteHero Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 1080ti Blower cooler?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:34am
When ordering a 1080ti and receiving my pc today it was a little disappointing to see a blower cooler on it when even on the page it says "performance edition". Now im sacrificing a ton of noise to keep the temps down so it doesnt throttle or it sits at 85c most of the time with still a good bit of noise. Any chance the warranty doesnt void if i grab an AIO water cooling solution for it?
Bugfragged View Drop Down

Quote Bugfragged Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
That's a good question. I did the very mod you were talking about, which required me to remove some warranty stickers from my GPU. The GPU probably isn't covered under DS's warranty anymore, but I have no idea about the rest of the components.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:23pm
Pretty sure modifying the video cards cooling won’t effect the warranty on the rest of the system, just the video card.

But, always best to check with DS.     
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:50am
So EVGA and a few others openly tell you feel free to water cool your GPU's.  You will not void your warranty.

The only brand that would possibly give you flank is ASUS.  ASUS will blame you for everything and claim it under physical damage which voids their warranty.  I actually have a 1080 Ti in for RMA at this moment that had an EK block on it.  I simply put the original FE blower cooler back on it before I shipped it off and they are repairing it with no issues, so I got lucky.  But almost everyone will tell you if you want to water cool your GPU, don't get ASUS else you run a good risk of voiding your warranty.

Any other brand... go for it.

I can't speak on if DS will honor their warranty, but oh well... you can always count on the manufacture.  This is ofcourse assuming you don't break your card because you don't know what you're doing. ;)
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply