FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10900k?

Post Date: 2020-06-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
reedni94 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote reedni94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 10900k?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:07am
Hello! So I decided to go with the i9 10900k and I'm wondering who else decided to do the same? As I look further into the general stock situation for the processor I'm becoming alarmed at the possibility that DS isnt going to receive one for me anytime soon. Ordered 5/20 and still stage 1. They told me they had a shipment coming in this week, but given the info out there about the stock situation I find it difficult to believe. I'm just curious if anyone else out there ordered the processor and what their experience has been so far. I sincerely worry that they'd let me sit indefinitely before they told me there was no foreseeable delivery date for the component I ordered. if anyone has any info, I'd appreciate ya.
brand0dotcom View Drop Down

Quote brand0dotcom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:26am
I also ordered a custom build with a 10900k. I've been told my build will take 6 weeks from purchase (which was 5/29/2020). I'm on week 4 of the 6 and still at stage 1. I'm beginning to wonder if there's an issue with the supply chain. Right here with you buddy. Looking forward to an update of any kind at this point.

Edited by brand0dotcom - 27 Jun 2020 at 5:39pm
reedni94 View Drop Down

Quote reedni94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:31am
Yeah their update email seems to be a fill in the blank, essentially automated message telling you everything you already know. If that's where you heard that from. I pressed a second time and that's when they told me that they believed all I was waiting on was the processor that was supposed to come this week. But if you look into the state of inventory pretty much anywhere for this processor, you really cant get your hands on it without paying a premium. I can only hope that being the business they are, they have access that most dont.
BloviatorDani View Drop Down

Quote BloviatorDani Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:43am
I didn't receive any email about this-I've been in stage 1 since 05/28 and my estimated ship shade is July 4-10...and I am heeeella doubtful. 11 days ago they mentioned they were about to get some parts they were waiting on (I assume the i10?) but nothing has updated and I'm going crazy. I wish we were updated
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:16pm
The 10900K and 10900X are back in stock! Intel has had production issues which has limited supply on the market but we finally got stock in to fill pending orders.
reedni94 View Drop Down

Quote reedni94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Nav

The 10900K and 10900X are back in stock! Intel has had production issues which has limited supply on the market but we finally got stock in to fill pending orders.
youre the man! Thank you so much for coming onto the forums and sprinkling us with info better than anyone else has!
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:05pm
reedni94 View Drop Down

Quote reedni94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Nav

since you're here and citing some individuals specific orders, could you update me on mine? I would massively appreciate it. I wonder if everything is on track and in hand for assembly? I also have a concern over the compatibility between the 520 firecuda and the sata. I've read that on my particular board, the M.2 will disable the other hard drive due to it sharing bandwidth. any info would be immensely appreciated
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by reedni94

Originally posted by Nav

since you're here and citing some individuals specific orders, could you update me on mine? I would massively appreciate it. I wonder if everything is on track and in hand for assembly? I also have a concern over the compatibility between the 520 firecuda and the sata. I've read that on my particular board, the M.2 will disable the other hard drive due to it sharing bandwidth. any info would be immensely appreciated

Considering it is stage 2 everything should be on track and in stock and all the components see on your build are indeed in stock.

For the 520 Firecuda... M.2_1 will only disable SATA #2 port if SSD run in SATA mode, if run PCIe mode no problems. M.2_2 slot when occupied will disable SATA 5 and 6 port.

Should not be a problem unless you have two M.2 and more than four SATA drives
reedni94 View Drop Down

Quote reedni94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Nav

Originally posted by reedni94

Originally posted by Nav

Considering it is stage 2 everything should be on track and in stock and all the components see on your build are indeed in stock.

For the 520 Firecuda... M.2_1 will only disable SATA #2 port if SSD run in SATA mode, if run PCIe mode no problems. M.2_2 slot when occupied will disable SATA 5 and 6 port.

Should not be a problem unless you have two M.2 and more than four SATA drives
thank you so much man. you are out here healing a lot of damage. my confidence is restored.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:51pm
thank you so much man. you are out here healing a lot of damage. my confidence is restored.

Thank you for sticking with us
 Post Reply Post Reply