FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Date: 2023-02-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gojones View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gojones Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 13700K
    Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:06am
I only see the 13700KF as an option on the i7. This does not have integrated graphics. Since I have used the integrated graphics on my current PC to check my GPU issues, I would like to have this as an option. Can the 13700K be had as an option?
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 11:14am
I feel like DS has an overabundance of KF CPUs for Raptor Lake and I'd personally never purchase or recommend a KF processor, so I feel where you're coming from. However, since the 13700K isn't presently offered through the configurator you'd need to make a custom part request with DS directly and pay any special fees they add on for that request (in addition to the price of the CPU itself of course). Last I knew DS was still willing to accommodate these special requests, but you'd need to speak with them directly as part of placing (or trying to place) the order.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:42pm
I agree and because I agree and have concerns about an i5-13600KF when I would really like an i5-13600K.

That also brings up one more issue and that is the motherboards offered. They are ASUS Prime boards except for a jump all the way to a ROG Maximus Hero. There are no Strix bringing up the middle.

The DS computer that I am upgrading from has six rear ports. So does the Prime and the Prime's USB port technology is no longer prime. (Pun intended)

So like the post in this thread I am agreeing with the sentiment and taking it farther, adding in the motherboard hole in the product line.
 Post Reply Post Reply