FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1600-1800 budget build? =D

Post Date: 2009-11-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
C4eaglem View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote C4eaglem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 1600-1800 budget build? =D
    Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 1:54am
As much as I want to put in a bunch of money into a rig, I ATM can only afford something in the 1600-1800 range, including a monitor + shipping costs =P

What I'm looking for is a computer that can run my Video Games, which ATM are mainly MMO's. WoW, Aion, etc. I'd like it to be able to run them on high resolutions and be able to clearly see everybody in 25 man raids. Also for it to be able to stay cool and have enough room for airflow. I'd like it to be able to be upgraded in the future.

My main problem building my own is I know about the latest and greatest software and equipment but I don't really know what kind of bang for your buck stuff there is. I'd also like to eventually get a good sized monitor as my next investment, like a 24"-26". Not necessarily right now but just for it to be able to hook up to one in the future. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thanks!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 6:10am
if you want a pc that can grow, at minimum is gonna be around $1980, and thats with a gpu that can give you smooth gaming at 1900 x 1200, with a 24" monitor you will need a second card, also at that price range you are gonna get a 750w psu which can only do dual sli/cf.

but for the game you named you don't need a second card, but then again I'm not sure.
NoDs212 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote NoDs212 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 9:37am
I agree, I played around with both Black OPS and Special Deals options and the closest I can get to the machine you want is just around $1,980. When thinking "Upgrade" you should pay alot of attention to your mobo as this will be the most difficult thing to upgrade later down the road.
 Post Reply Post Reply