Post Date: 2016-05-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Drewski View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Drewski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 1st Gaming PC
    Posted: 16 May 2016 at 5:11pm
Hi, let me just start this off by saying I am a complete PC newbie. Please go easy on me. I really dont know much about computers, and generally just surf the web, and watch twitch/youtube on my laptop I have now. I would like to look into building a Gaming pc to play some games on, but have no idea where to start, and have a very low budget. This is where im hoping you all can help me! I provide a little more info below

Budget:
Around 500$ preferably. Don't know if this is realistic at all, but its worth a shot!

Expectations: Be able to play games at medium-high graphics and run at least 60 fps. I play games on an xbox one at the moment and always have played on xbox systems. I would like to get more performance than the xbox one for not much more than the price of one, but will settle for a pc that gives me about the same.

Usage:
I mainly want to play Counter Strike: Global Offensive with this computer. Maybe dabble in some other games like League, Starcraft, or other steam games. But heres the kicker: I would also like to someday get into streaming through Twitch with this pc. Dont know how much that changes things in regards to what i need performance wise.

Well, thanks to those of you who read through this mess and can give me some advice. Really just trying to price some stuff out right now. As I mentioned above, I really dont expect anything more than what my xbox can do right now, just want to dive into the PC master race and give it a try! Thanks again for your time!

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 2:47am
Hi Drewski.... Unfortunately , here at DS you'll need to almost double your budget to get a gaming PC .   The Vanquish level 2 would be my start point with its 4 core CPU and decent video card.

Browse the Vanquish configs for a better idea of what's available .   They are the less expensive option.

Good luck.

Drewski View Drop Down

Quote Drewski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:57am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Drewski.... Unfortunately , here at DS you'll need to almost double your budget to get a gaming PC .   The Vanquish level 2 would be my start point with its 4 core CPU and decent video card.

Browse the Vanquish configs for a better idea of what's available .   They are the less expensive option.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:06am
My pleasure.  Wish we could've helped more.  Big%20Smile
Drewski View Drop Down

Quote Drewski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:18am

My pleasure.  Wish we could've helped more.  Big%20Smile

No worries! But if I may ask 1 more question:
Will the most inexpensive vanquish series computer be able to meet the expectations I listed fairly well? If so I may start saving up!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:22pm
The level 1 with its gtx 960 graphics card will give you medium to high gaming on a 1080p monitor or less. Settings in game can be tweaked if necessary, but certainly a decent experience.

My only concern would be its dual core CPU with streaming. I don't stream, but a quad core is recommended by all I've seen.   

You could start with the level 2 with its quad core and change the video card to the gtx 960 and drop the SSD drive to get close to level 1 price.

Drewski View Drop Down

Quote Drewski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:45pm

The level 1 with its gtx 960 graphics card will give you medium to high gaming on a 1080p monitor or less. Settings in game can be tweaked if necessary, but certainly a decent experience.

My only concern would be its dual core CPU with streaming. I don't stream, but a quad core is recommended by all I've seen.   

You could start with the level 2 with its quad core and change the video card to the gtx 960 and drop the SSD drive to get close to level 1 price.

Awesome, thanks so much! I'll look into it!
 Post Reply Post Reply