FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

24" LCD for gaming

Post Date: 2007-09-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nomec View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nomec Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 24" LCD for gaming
    Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 5:46pm
Anyone have any idea what the best 24" LCD is for gaming?  I love the look of the Dells and they have had good reviews in the past but the 2407WFP-HC apparently has bad ghosting problems.  I would love to own this monitor but if ghosting is apparent in games I don't want to buy it.

I have a Samsung 214T right now which has none of these problems but I guess the 244T is the same thing so maybe that will be a good choice.  The only thing that turns me off about the monitor is that although it is heigh-adjustable, the lowest setting is awkward because of my desk setup.

so does anyone know if there are there any other good 24" LCDs for gaming? Smile 
Headrush View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Headrush Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 10:42pm
I used the Dell for gaming for about 6 months before it became my work monitor, and I had no problems with it ghosting. I'd highly recommend it; I thought that picture quality was A+ and I have yet to experience a dead pixel.
Crulend View Drop Down

Quote Crulend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 11:18pm
If I remember correctly, the response time on the Samsung displays are quicker..  My 305T has a response time of 6ms vs. the Dell 3007's 11ms response.  Dell's displays also tend to have a lower contrast ratio.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 9:46pm
You'd want to get a 8 bit lcd panel with a low response time, around 4ms or less. Dell is a good choice along with NEC.
 Post Reply Post Reply