FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$2500 Digital Art Computer

Post Date: 2013-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ewing View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: $2500 Digital Art Computer
    Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 10:31pm
Budget:
$2500 (though I can go a few hundred over with solid justification)

Expectations:
Looking for a solid PC to upgrade from my current iMac (first and last apple computer) that has a 256 mb graphics card and 4 gigs of ram, which consistently crashes photoshop. My BIGGEST want is to have a system that can continue to be relevant and upgradable as long into the future as possible, ideally well into the 4k res. era (Which I think is everyone's hope?...)

Usage:
3D modeling in Blender/Maya/Sculptress, texturing in Photoshop, with as much gaming as possible on the side.

Special Needs:
I am hooking this computer up to my 40" 1080p TV for now (not ideal I know), as I don't have a monitor since my iMac is both a computer and monitor, and I want to spend every current penny on this new hardware (and a new Wacom tablet)

I chose a water cooled, thoroughly overclocked i7, since to my understanding CPU power is well in advance of GPU power at present, so a high end current gen CPU will stay relevant longer into the future, while a current gen graphics card will become obsolete, or less expensive more quickly. (Let me know if this is a misunderstanding, or poor logic on my part)

I went with a beastly power supply and a single gtx 770 with the hope of getting a 2nd, 3rd, or perhaps 4th card some time in the future. The 770 seems to be the best value in the high end card arena, and the benchmarks for an SLI 2x 770 set up seem to substantially beat a single 780, for an only marginal increase in price.

Looking forward to any feedback from this awesome community!

Saved Ticket #: 857112

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm ODE V3
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50 GHz (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87 (Intel Z87 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Neutron GTX Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Seagate (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Model: ASUS PCE-N15)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB (Includes PhysX)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks <b></b>
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 11:50pm
Welcome to the DS forums and I think you've made a good choice in stopping by!

I made some tweaks to your build to maximize performance for graphic arts (3D modeling) to keep within your budget...

857215 - $2531

Changes:

1. Upgraded RAM to 32GB - if you're working on large 3D models, the more RAM the merrier! I also went with 1600 but you could go back up to the 2133 ($45 more) but you probably won't notice much difference.

2. Downgraded PSU to 750 EVGA (still allows SLI).

3. SSD changed to Samsung (most of us prefer it over the Corsair but both are good choices). Might want to consider 256GB ($118 more) to give yourself workspace while using the 1TB as storage.

4. Upgraded cooling to Corsair 120mm fans (improved airflow and quieter than stock fans).

5. Downgraded OC'ing to Stage 1. The Haswell CPU's run hot and I don't think they'll be able to reach Stage 2 without custom liquid cooling.

Your choice in the GTX 770 should work well for you and with the Sabertooth motherboard, you could SLI a second in the future. A second 770 would be recommended if running a 4k monitor. You won't be able to run games at high settings, but should still be able to play with decent amount of effects turned on.

Hope this helps out!

Edited by fstcvc - 03 Aug 2013 at 11:51pm
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 12:39am
Thanks for the advice and ideas!

So you think even with a 240mm radiator the stage 2 OC is just going to generate too much heat?
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 1:19am
Double check with DS. But it might be pushing the upper limits of where you'd want the CPU to run comfortably. I've seen reports of it being done, but possibly at the cost of shortened life. I think DS is slightly conservative with the OC to ensure longevity while the CPU is under load for extended periods of time.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
gloryofthesky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gloryofthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 7:13am
If you had the money I'd go with 6 cores, But I know that's not a option in your budget.
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 7:37am
The Sabertooth Z87 will not support more than 2-way SLI. For 4-way SLI on an Asus motherboard and the Haswell (Intel's current desktop processors) platform the only option is Maximus VI Extreme. This does come with a 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wifi module. The other thing to keep in mind is that the case will need 8 expansions slots like the ODE case, but it will not fit the Extreme.

Beyond that, I would suggest changing the SSD to a ~256GB model. The Samsung SSDs are known to be very reliable. Also, more memory is better then faster memory for your requirements and there are limited benefits to memory faster then 1600MHz.

Edited by danjw1 - 04 Aug 2013 at 8:01am
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by danjw1

The Sabertooth Z87 will not support more than 2-way SLI. For 4-way SLI on an Asus motherboard and the Haswell (Intel's current desktop processors) platform the only option is Maximus VI Extreme. The other thing to keep in mind is that the case will need 8 expansions slots. The case you have selected will support that.

Beyond that, I would suggest changing the SSD to a ~256GB model. The Samsung SSDs are known to be very reliable.

Good catch on the SLI... I missed that part in original post about possibly going past 2x SLI.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:00am
All great feedback! Thanks a bunch all. I am tweaking my build and will repost later today. What are peoples' thoughts about a 2x SLI 770 set up with the Sabertooth? Does it seem more proactive to spend the extra dough on a Maximus now to eventually run 3 or 4x SLI, or wait until prices on GPUs come down and continue to use a dual SLI set up, and upgrade to cards with more VRAM some time in the future?

Or is this really more preference than anything else?
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by gloryofthesky

If you had the money I'd go with 6 cores, But I know that's not a option in your budget.

6-core would definitely be great for the 3D modeling, but probably would add $300-$500 more to the build.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Ewing

All great feedback! Thanks a bunch all. I am tweaking my build and will repost later today. What are peoples' thoughts about a 2x SLI 770 set up with the Sabertooth? Does it seem more proactive to spend the extra dough on a Maximus now to eventually run 3 or 4x SLI, or wait until prices on GPUs come down and continue to use a dual SLI set up, and upgrade to cards with more VRAM some time in the future?

Or is this really more preference than anything else?

BTW, I edited my post above with some further guidance. So you should look at that.

I strongly suggest you go to forums for Blender and Maya to ask about the best GPU configuration for their usage. You may find that a second GPU might be better used as CUDA, rather then SLI. I am really not all that familiar with the needs of 3D modeling tools, so I would suggest you look to those that are more familiar.

Edited by danjw1 - 04 Aug 2013 at 8:16am
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:38am
I just did a quick lookup on Maya to see what people are recommending and most say stay away from SLI as it has more problems than single card. Depending on how much work you actually do in Maya & PS, you may want to consider going with nVidia Quadro. Autodesk Recommended Hardware link.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 3:59pm
Wow!

Thanks so much for great responses.

I should clarify that I am creating mostly sub 1000 poly models in Blender and Maya, and I rarely do sculpting or much high-intensity rendering. I spend the majority of my time in Photoshop with a Wacom tablet, hand painting textures.

I did some research and it looks like photoshop will show the most gains from more RAM and more CPU cores. It really only uses the GPU for redrawing the canvas.

So, all of that said, I have changed up my build, taking only 16 gigs of ram, but as 2x 8gb rather than 4x4gb so that I can throw in 2 more sticks of 8gb with some tax return money down the road. I picked up the Samsung SSD, dropped the OC to stage 1, and stuck with the 770.

I still want to stay as future proof as possible, so I stuck with the Sabertooth. Somewhere WAY down the line when 4k is actually a common thing in the home, I will theoretically upgrade to a 2x SLI set up with whatever cards are out then. The i7 seems a good idea for Photoshop over the i5 (the performance difference seems to justify the increase in price).

Let me know your thoughts!

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm ODE V3
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87 (Intel Z87 Chipset) (Features Thermal Armor and Thermal Radar)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (High-Performance) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (128GB Solid State (By: Samsung) (Model: 840 Pro Series) <b></b>
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Model: ASUS PCE-N15)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz <b></b>
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 4:33pm
That should work out well for you. If your not doing really intensive 3D modeling or PS work, the 770 will work out great. Great plan with 4k - not really anything out currently that can handle 4k well (especially gaming) except multiple Titans...
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by fstcvc

That should work out well for you. If your not doing really intensive 3D modeling or PS work, the 770 will work out great. Great plan with 4k - not really anything out currently that can handle 4k well (especially gaming) except multiple Titans...

Right now it may make sense for professional graphic artists, engineers and other professionals but not really for most consumer applications.
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 11:14pm
SO, I am feeling pretty good about the latest version of the system that I posted, though I am still totally open to suggestions!

My final hang up is the GTX 770. Most of my gaming is LoL, SC 2, some Guild wars 2, etc. So basically none of the games I play are nearly as graphically intense as say Crysis 3, so I am wondering if paying the extra $300 for the 780 will net me much visible improvement with the games I am playing. I have seen some benchmarks, but they all focus around the really high end graphics games, so I havn't gotten a clear idea of how the 780 vs. the 770 will actually affect the games I play.

What are the community's thoughts?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again for being such an awesome community!

It is so refreshing to find a forum full of smart people who aren't ass hats
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:31am
I'd stick with the 770. You've got the ability to SLI with a second 770 should your gaming become more intense down the road! That $300 you save now would probably buy you a second 770 in 9-12 months...
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Tio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tio Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 5:48am
That is an awesome build you have goin there Ewing and it's gonna give your years of gaming fun.the GTX770 is a great card and as Fstcvc pointed out you can SLI it in the relative near future and increase that fun factor.the GTX770 is gonna give you gaming/performance on line with the previous generation's GTX680 (and a bit more) thanx to the GK104 chipset (same as in the 680) and the newest generation of Bio's ungrades. your gonna love that system my friend.
Hailstorm II
Intel 3970K
Corsair 1200i
32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum
Samsung 512gif 840 Pro SSD
4tb Western Digital Black HD
Blue-Ray and DVD Burn/Player
3xSLI EVGA GTX Titan Hydro Copper Video
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:10am
Here's a link that compares the gtx 770 and 780 with various games and resolutions.

Gtx 770 is a best bang for the buck card.  

fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by bprat22

Here's a link that compares the gtx 770 and 780 with various games and resolutions.

Gtx 770 is a best bang for the buck card.  

HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:15pm
ERMAGERD!

Those benchmarks are exactly what I needed to see! Thanks everybody!

So I'm going to stick with the 770.

So....no relation to performance but, how about the $10 internal lighting? Is it noticeable? I mean for $10 why not its just another plink in the bucket, but does anyone have pics/a good thread link so I can see some cases with the lighting? I'm not getting a super clear idea from the DS pics.

Thanks for the awesome responses all around! Feeling pretty darn good about the build!
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Ewing

ERMAGERD!

Those benchmarks are exactly what I needed to see! Thanks everybody!

So I'm going to stick with the 770.

So....no relation to performance but, how about the $10 internal lighting? Is it noticeable? I mean for $10 why not its just another plink in the bucket, but does anyone have pics/a good thread link so I can see some cases with the lighting? I'm not getting a super clear idea from the DS pics.

Thanks for the awesome responses all around! Feeling pretty darn good about the build!

The Cold-Cathode lights are okay and for $10 add a nice bit of color to your interior. If your after a little more attention, go for the LED lights (brighter than the CC lights) with remote & you can change your color plus different effects...
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:37pm
So...I was literally about to click the buy button this morning when I decided I don't necessarily need the 600t case. I can save a quick $66 by getting the Virtue instead, which I think still looks great. I plan to SLI my single 770 in the near future, does anyone have any feedback regarding the thermals for the Virtue? The website says it can accomedate an SLI set up, but the case does look very small, and I have some concerns about heat.

Also, what does the community think about the stage 1 overclocking? I can save an additonal $100 and change by keeping the i7 stock, and dropping my liquid cooling for a solid fan. Does the difference in performance make up for the *potential* loss of longevity in the life of the chip, as well as the additional price of sufficient cooling?

Would a better cost saving option be to keep the stage 1 overclock and switch to a 120mm radiator for another $30 in savings?

I also dropped the PCI wireless for $39 saved, as I have a wifi USB dongle, so no need to spend that.

Thanks everyone for the fantastic responses thus far!

fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:20pm
I like the look of the Virtue case (looks like a miniature HailStorm II). As long as you have proper and sufficient airflow, you shouldn't have issues with SLI in the Virtue. Plus, if you are using the standard coolers on the 770's (and not the ACX ones) most of the GPU's heat is pushed outside of the case. If you are concerned about internal case temps, keep the sealed looped CPU cooler as it will keep the ambient air inside the case lower. Stage 1 OC will also cut down on heat as well but keep the 240mm cooler. Cool CPU's are happy CPU's!
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Ewing View Drop Down

Quote Ewing Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
Alrighty, so I *think* I have my final build. Really this time.

I dropped the 600t case because it seemed bigger than necessary, and I picked up the Virtue case instead. I plan to do 2 way SLI, but nothing beyond that. I also dropped the Sabertooth motherboard for the Gryphon, as both can accommodate 2 way SLI, and to my knowledge the only thing I sacrifice is the opportunity to add on a WIFI or sound card because the extra PCI slots are covered when doing 2 way SLI with the gryphon.

I have the 1866 RAM NOT because I care about the 1866, but because I want a 2x 8 set up that can be easily upgraded to 32 gigs later, so that's my rational there.

Final thoughts before I click BUY?

Thanks everybody!

Ticket Number: 858979
Total Price with Instant Savings: $2,216.00

Direct Load URL: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=858979

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm VIRTUE
Motherboard: ASUS Gryphon Z87 (Intel Z87 Chipset) (Features Thermal Radar) (MATX) <b></b>
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (High-Performance)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (128GB Solid State (By: Samsung) (Model: 840 Pro Series)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 9:33am
Hi Ewing..   The build looks great. Strong

I personally would ask DS to install the second 140mm fan to the front.  They'll charge a few bucks extra.    It comes with one and can accommodate 2.  If sli is in the future you don't want the cards, cpu cooler, etc starving for air.   That case has a closed side panel, so the extra fan is a safety net.

Good Luck.  Big%20Smile
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 9:49am
Nice build. I second bprat22 on the extra fan. Keep it cool!
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 11:56am
Looks like a very solid build! I agree with the others, a little more intake air would be helpful.
Tio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tio Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 3:06pm
If I'm not mistaken that unit also has a mount for either 120 or 140mm fan (or fans) on the inside mottom (just forward of the PSU) which would also be a good thing to add as it would direct air up into the GPU's. The addition of both the 140mm and another 140/120mm fan onto the bottom of the case create enough airflow to def. keep that rig cool. Give em a call and ask but I am pretty sure there is at least 1 mounting point inside on the bottom (say's it'll take up to 5 fans).
Hailstorm II
Intel 3970K
Corsair 1200i
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Tio

If I'm not mistaken that unit also has a mount for either 120 or 140mm fan (or fans) on the inside mottom (just forward of the PSU) which would also be a good thing to add as it would direct air up into the GPU's. The addition of both the 140mm and another 140/120mm fan onto the bottom of the case create enough airflow to def. keep that rig cool. Give em a call and ask but I am pretty sure there is at least 1 mounting point inside on the bottom (say's it'll take up to 5 fans).

There is no bottom fan mount on this case. It is the Corsair 350D it has 2 120/140 mounts on the top, 2 120/140 mounts on the front and one rear 120 fan mount. The case comes with one 140mm front intake and one 120 rear exhaust fans. I presume that DS will install the radiator on the top, leaving one front fan mount empty. The power supply clearance is 200mm (presuming the lower drive bay is installed). The power supply is 200mm long, so not really any room for it anyway.

Edited by danjw1 - 09 Aug 2013 at 3:53pm
Tio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tio Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 6:38am
Originally posted by danjw1

Originally posted by Tio

There is no bottom fan mount on this case. It is the Corsair 350D it has 2 120/140 mounts on the top, 2 120/140 mounts on the front and one rear 120 fan mount. The case comes with one 140mm front intake and one 120 rear exhaust fans. I presume that DS will install the radiator on the top, leaving one front fan mount empty. The power supply clearance is 200mm (presuming the lower drive bay is installed). The power supply is 200mm long, so not really any room for it anyway.

Thanx danjw1 I was finally able to find a better view of that case and you are correct it does not have that spot available for a fan. only thing left to do is put in that last 140mm in the front.
Hailstorm II
Intel 3970K
Corsair 1200i
 Post Reply Post Reply