FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2nd Digital Storm Build (Need Help)

Post Date: 2020-11-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ras View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 2nd Digital Storm Build (Need Help)
    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 10:25am
Good Evening,

Currently looking into getting another Digital Storm PC. I really wanted to build this one myself but looking like its pretty hard to get the components im looking for... Specifically 3080RTX and AMD 5900x. But if i cant find those components without overpaying.. its looking like digital storm is my best bet and i have had no issues with my Velox other than some hickups when i first received it LOL.
I have a 200hz ultrawide 35in monitor that im not taking full advantage of and this build will be aimed at High FPS 1440p HDR gaming. COD, BFV, Tombraider, Cyberpunk, overwatch.. among the games i play. The reference number for the build i put together is 3535737

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=3535737

A few questions, id like to special order some G-Skill Trident Z royal 3600mhz 4X8GB. I had been talking to a DS rep about special ordering this and that was 3 weeks ago and he never got back to me.............. Hoping someone here could help steer me in the right direction, im not super up to speed on this stuff but would i benifit from some of this high end 3600RAM... i really like the look of it and performance wise it seems good.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 4:41am
Did you mean to replace the RGB fans that come with the Lynx with the Corsairs? One of the internal lighting options is free.

You can special order RAM, but it may further delay the build, and won't be warranted by DS. You might look into the 6800XT coming out on the 18th before you choose the GPU.
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 6:38am
Is the performance going to be better than the Nvidia cards? I thought i saw something regarding the ray tracing on those cards not being as good ? i know when you use all AMD components the performance all around is supposed to be slightly boosted but not sure how it will compare to the 3080s.im finally set up on some platforms to get me notifications on restocks so im hoping to try and do a 3080 or the 6800
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm
The performance is different. I brought it to your attention because it is <5 days to release, and there are features of each card that emphasize different aspects of a gaming experience. Up to you what emphasis to place where. There is way too much to go into here. There is not a lot of daylight between the two cards. Framerate comparisons are a near toss-up, with a slight nod to AMD, I think, at 1440p. But I don't think there's been enough independent comparison.

One reviewer is suggesting AMD with AMD, and Nvidia with Intel. IDK when DS will have the 6800XT, but they may have a better supply than with the 3080.
 Post Reply Post Reply