3080 FE availability

Post Date: 2020-10-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ultimatemickey View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 3080 FE availability
    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:57am
I placed an order for the bolt-x with the 3080 FE card on the 30th of Sep. when it was still available and it had mentioned that ETA would be in November. Have been in stage 2 for 23 days now. Does anyone know if DS will get these 3080 Founder Edition cards in stock for builds by then or will it take more months? I've been hearing that more stock will become available by 2021 and thats in 3 months. I've also noticed that a couple of days ago if you try to order a build and you select which GPU you'd like, the 3080 FE isn't an option anymore and has been removed 🤔? Also I've emailed them directly about more info on my order and no response yet. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ultimatemickey - 22 Oct 2020 at 10:09am
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:00pm
HI,

FE cards are trickling in, we have a pretty large batch coming in early next week. We only removed on the website temporarily as we were allocated enough to fill pending orders.

We are working with NVIDIA for further allocation so we can add back for new customers.

We are basing it on a first-come-first-serve basis. Whoever got their order in first will get a card allocated sooner. I recommend checking in middle of next week with our sales team to see if one was assigned to your build.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:07pm
Not sure how it's looking now, been updated by customer service through chat and they told me that they don't know about when the 3080 FE will come through for the built. It's been a month since I placed the order... Also it's been updated to stage 4 from 2 but not sure as to why this is, since the graphic card hasn't been added to the built yet 🤔 starting to worry now that it might be true as to what I've said in the beginning having to wait months all the way to 2021. so far 35 total days.

Edited by Ultimatemickey - 02 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
Dionysos28 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dionysos28 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Ultimatemickey

Not sure how it's looking now, been updated by customer service through chat and they told me that they don't know about when the 3080 FE will come through for the built. It's been a month since I placed the order... Also it's been updated to stage 4 from 2 but not sure as to why this is, since the graphic card hasn't been added to the built yet 🤔 starting to worry now that it might be true as to what I've said in the beginning having to wait months all the way to 2021. so far 35 total days.

I'm in the same camp and 13 days ahead of you at 9/17 for the order. Just FYI re: timing.
GreenTeaRex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GreenTeaRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Dionysos28

I'm in the same camp and 13 days ahead of you at 9/17 for the order. Just FYI re: timing.

I ordered a 3080 build DS also and when I chatted with customer service, he said it could be till December till I get my build in. I’m hoping it’s accurate and I don’t have to wait til 2021 either! On the plus side, I believe DS has a higher chance of receiving 3080’s earlier because they a PC building company but I am not sure.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by GreenTeaRex

Not sure how it's looking now, been updated by customer service through chat and they told me that they don't know about when the 3080 FE will come through for the built. It's been a month since I placed the order... Also it's been updated to stage 4 from 2 but not sure as to why this is, since the graphic card hasn't been added to the built yet 🤔 starting to worry now that it might be true as to what I've said in the beginning having to wait months all the way to 2021. [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle[/IMG] so far 35 total days.

I ordered a 3080 build DS also and when I chatted with customer service, he said it could be till December till I get my build in. I’m hoping it’s accurate and I don’t have to wait til 2021 either! On the plus side, I believe DS has a higher chance of receiving 3080’s earlier because they a PC building company but I am not sure.

When did you order yours? 🤔 Curious to know.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GreenTeaRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:46pm

I ordered on 10/30 and still currently at stage 1. Im trying my best to wait patiently but it’s so hard lol.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm

I ordered on 10/30 and still currently at stage 1. Im trying my best to wait patiently but it’s so hard lol.

Yeah, that's going to take a while since it was just recent and not long ago.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GreenTeaRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 6:44pm

Yeah, that's going to take a while since it was just recent and not long ago.

That’s unfortunate. Luckily I have a ps4 to keep me busy until then. Hopefully Cyberpunk will be released by then so it can be my first game to play when I get it.
jcnctx View Drop Down

Quote jcnctx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm
I placed my order for a build including the ASUS Tuf Gaming RTX 3080 on 10/12 and I am still waiting as if 11/20. I have been in contact with DS support multiple times since my order was placed and probably of no fault of their own they seem to not be able to give me any kind of timeline as to when my build may be completed. It may be worth turning this thread into a place where other 3080 customers can provide updates about build completion and shipments.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by jcnctx

I placed my order for a build including the ASUS Tuf Gaming RTX 3080 on 10/12 and I am still waiting as if 11/20. I have been in contact with DS support multiple times since my order was placed and probably of no fault of their own they seem to not be able to give me any kind of timeline as to when my build may be completed. It may be worth turning this thread into a place where other 3080 customers can provide updates about build completion and shipments.

Yes that's hard to hear, I've talked to the tech support people a lot of times and they can't really do much but to hope on getting the cards since there not a lot coming in each week. They've told me that it's based on the first come first serve so like those who ordered first and such in order. I ordered mine at the end of September and as of today 11/20 2 days ago I finally got to stage 5 which I was stuck on stage 4 for a good few weeks because it was missing the one and only component which was the 3080 FE card but because it went onto stage 5 that means that they finally got it on my build and carrying on with the stages. I'm hoping that it comes before Dec 10 cause that's the only reason I bought this pc was to play Cyberpunk 2077 on high settings. Also I will update on every step after this one which is stage 5. I'm hoping that they really have the card in it and not just sending me emails to make me feel relief and worried. Don't get me wrong the wait will be worth it, I've been told but 2 months almost waiting for just a card since launch... Not happy about it and I just hope now they get it done soon.

Edited by Ultimatemickey - 20 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:22pm

Any update on your order? Mine got to stage 5 just 2 days ago I'm guessing they finally got the card. But I ordered ahead of you after about 15 days late or so than you. Let me know asap please.im curious.
FuzeForsaken View Drop Down

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm
I saw a post that someone that ordered on 10/5 get there’s the other day but I also saw were some people that ordered at the end of September is still waiting. I ordered mine 10/10 and still waiting in stage 4.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by FuzeForsaken

I saw a post that someone that ordered on 10/5 get there’s the other day but I also saw were some people that ordered at the end of September is still waiting. I ordered mine 10/10 and still waiting in stage 4.

Do you know if this was for the 3080 Founders Edition from Nvidia or the Tuff 3080 card? That's what they still have available for builds as an option.

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:43pm
Oh gotcha. I’m not 100% sure. I ordered the 3080 PE
jcnctx View Drop Down

Quote jcnctx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:44pm

Yes that's hard to hear, I've talked to the tech support people a lot of times and they can't really do much but to hope on getting the cards since there not a lot coming in each week. They've told me that it's based on the first come first serve so like those who ordered first and such in order. I ordered mine at the end of September and as of today 11/20 2 days ago I finally got to stage 5 which I was stuck on stage 4 for a good few weeks because it was missing the one and only component which was the 3080 FE card but because it went onto stage 5 that means that they finally got it on my build and carrying on with the stages. I'm hoping that it comes before Dec 10 cause that's the only reason I bought this pc was to play Cyberpunk 2077 on high settings. Also I will update on every step after this one which is stage 5. I'm hoping that they really have the card in it and not just sending me emails to make me feel relief and worried. Don't get me wrong the wait will be worth it, I've been told but 2 months almost waiting for just a card since launch... Not happy about it and I just hope now they get it done soon.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you remember exactly what day in September? I know you had said you ordered the Founders card and I believe it was on a even more limited availability than the ASUS. It gives me hope that you have moved into stage five and that would put me about 2weeks behind you if you ordered last week of September assuming there is any correlation on first come first serve basis.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:47pm

Oh gotcha. I’m not 100% sure. I ordered the 3080 PE

Yeah cause depending on which card he got if he got the 3080 FE card already than that's weird and unfair since I ordered before him but it makes sense if he got a different card than the FE 3080 then.

Edited by Ultimatemickey - 20 Nov 2020 at 10:48pm

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:47pm
He ordered on september 30th according to the first post in this thread if that’s the person you was referring to

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm
Gotcha. I’m hoping to get mine next week. I called yesterday to get an update and they said they had some in and were doing tests on them before they installed them so hopefully get mine this week.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:50pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you remember exactly what day in September? I know you had said you ordered the Founders card and I believe it was on a even more limited availability than the ASUS. It gives me hope that you have moved into stage five and that would put me about 2weeks behind you if you ordered last week of September assuming there is any correlation on first come first serve basis.

Not a problem, and it was the 30th. Of Sep. And I'm hoping like I said it's true. Stage 5 can take up to 10 or so days for testing. I will update once it hits stage 6 and 7

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:53pm

Gotcha. I’m hoping to get mine next week. I called yesterday to get an update and they said they had some in and were doing tests on them before they installed them so hopefully get mine this week.

Youre in stage 4 right? If so then definitely should hit stage 5 within next week or the one after. They told me " yes don't worry your card will be in your pc for this week" which was supposed to be last week but this week was when I got the email and all so I'm guessing it's proceeding with the next stages and so on. Also it's been weeks for the wait process, at this point make no changes to the build. I forgot to include the wifi dongle for connection but I'll just be buying that myself at microcenter or something and ask for assistance on the phone or watch videos on how to install lol.

Edited by Ultimatemickey - 20 Nov 2020 at 10:56pm

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
Yeah I was told 2-3 weeks I would hit stage 5 and this coming up week will be the 3rd week and was told yesterday that I should get it just sucks waiting lol.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 11:00pm

Yeah I was told 2-3 weeks I would hit stage 5 and this coming up week will be the 3rd week and was told yesterday that I should get it just sucks waiting lol.

On the order it said ETA November. We're in November. So as long as it's almost here I don't mind. It does suck waiting but any more longer and it gets frustrating.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:09am
It's equally as challenging for us as well, I'm very sorry. We do have stock of RTX 3090 if anyone wants to upgrade (please contact our team directly to make changes).

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:11am
What would be the difference in cost?
Dudebro View Drop Down

Quote Dudebro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:18am

What would be the difference in cost?

GOing up from the 3080 to the 3090 is like $1,100, heh.
Stellar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Stellar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:57pm
Anyone here still waiting on an update? Feel free to send me an e-mail. Please include your order number. I'd love to give you guys a hand.

[email protected]

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 2:40pm
I sent you a email stellar
jcnctx View Drop Down

Quote jcnctx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Stellar

Anyone here still waiting on an update? Feel free to send me an e-mail. Please include your order number. I'd love to give you guys a hand.

[email protected]

I also sent you and email.

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:42pm

[email protected]

Just sent one...
Barna_by View Drop Down

Quote Barna_by Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:43am

[email protected]

Sent you an email as well

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:47pm
Just to give people an update here’s the stage of my order
10/10 - ordered
10/12 - stage 1
10/22 - stage 2
10/23 - stage 3
10/28 - stage 4
11/23 - stage 5
Currently waiting for stage 6 and 7

Quote Ultimatemickey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:56pm

Just to give people an update here’s the stage of my order
10/10 - ordered
10/12 - stage 1
10/22 - stage 2
10/23 - stage 3
10/28 - stage 4
11/23 - stage 5
Currently waiting for stage 6 and 7

Same here. Which card and when did you place the order? Curios to know

Quote FuzeForsaken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 1:27pm
3080 PE and ordered mine on 10/10

Edited by FuzeForsaken - 24 Nov 2020 at 1:28pm
Barna_by View Drop Down

Quote Barna_by Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 2:37pm

3080 PE and ordered mine on 10/10

Hell yeah dude congrats! Ordered mine with the 3080 as well on 10/20 so lets hope they get to me soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>