FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3D Vision...

Post Date: 2009-03-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 3D Vision...
    Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 11:02am
What are the thoughts/feelings about the Nvidia/Samsung 3D vision package...?  Is it worth it--or not ready for prime time??  Any concern about the (relatively) low native resolution of the Samsung 2233RZ if this becomes your only monitor?  Or, maybe, wait for something larger in size (say 26" and up...with 1920 x 1200 or highter)??  Quick question...is "Max Resolution" and "Native Resolution" one and the same?? 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 11:18am
Max Resolution is what the name says, the highest resolution that the monitor supports.

Native Resolution is a fixed resolution, so if you go with the Native Resolution then you get the best results cause there is no rescaling done.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 2:43pm
To be honest, the 3D Vision bundle is a truely unique gaming experience. We personally have a unit here, and our entire staff has payed with it. It's honestly a must buy in my book.

I haven't had an issue with the resolution, but, it all depends on preference. I can say that, it isn't bad at all.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:49pm
I will have to check that out.  Although I would hate to have to buy an extra monitor just for 3D.  I hope that my HPw2408h is compatiable.  I will have to go read up on this.
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Alex

To be honest, the 3D Vision bundle is a truely unique gaming experience. We personally have a unit here, and our entire staff has payed with it. It's honestly a must buy in my book.

I haven't had an issue with the resolution, but, it all depends on preference. I can say that, it isn't bad at all.

Reason I ask...is because the April 2009 issue of PC GAMER gives it "verdict: 72%" because "it's finicky with many games, and the setup sticks you with a display that maxes out at 1680x1050".  Then they add "It's like having a baby: kind of cool that you can, but it costs a lot of money and ends up cramping your style." (Hummm, that last line must be some kind of Zen thing...??)   Anyway...it helps to get several opinions--we don't ALL like the same things...  I must admit...it sure sounds interesting--I think I'm heading in that direction.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Max Resolution is what the name says, the highest resolution that the monitor supports.

Native Resolution is a fixed resolution, so if you go with the Native Resolution then you get the best results cause there is no rescaling done.

Thanks for the info...I learned something NEW today--it can't be all bad.  Big%20smile

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Onkel_Ken

I will have to check that out.  Although I would hate to have to buy an extra monitor just for 3D.  I hope that my HPw2408h is compatiable.  I will have to go read up on this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but, (pretty sure) your monitor isn't compatible.  But do check it out on the Nvidia site...it only lists (1) Samsung 2233RZ...and (1) Viewsonic...along with several DLP's.  Seems that your monitor not only has to be 120hz but it has to have "Dual Link" capacity--splitting the 120hz into two 60hz signals. 

On a personal note...I made the mistake of buying a new Samsung 120hz (at a great price--because it was a return (wouldn't fit the guys cabinet) thinking I could ALSO use it for 3D.  Boy, was I wrong.  In the end, I needed/love the TV...so not all is lost. 

As for the Nvidia advertising...when it says all you need is their package (and by the way...a 120Hz TV/Monitor) well, not exactly--you need a specific/recognized/authorized/3D ready etc...  So, Yeah, there's the rub!!  It's one thing if you need a "new" monitor...it's another if you have to buy one just to play 3D!!
 Post Reply Post Reply