Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 4th of July Sale
    Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:26pm
Upgrade to an exclusive 3 year hardware warranty service for free! This offer is now in full effect! Buy now and take advantage of Digital Storm's limited time 4th of July sale.

Digital Storm has a predominant reputation for delivering the fastest and most expertly crafted computers on the market. Digital Storm's dedication to customer service excellence can now be extended to you in this limited time offer.

Buy now, and also take advantage of our marked down prices for gaming desktops which now have been the lowest they have ever been.

On top of that, we're offering our innovative TwisterBoost overclocking package and exclusive Digital Storm t-shirt for free!

With NVIDIA's groundbreaking GTX 400 series cards now available bring roaring intensity and fluid reality to your PC games. And when you purchase an NVIDIA GTS 250 or above video card you'll get a free copy of Just Cause 2.

Don't wait - this sale ends Monday and with limited supplies you may not get a better opportunity to buy the highest quality gaming systems on the market at their lowest prices to date.

To take advantage of all of these promotions, please visit: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/gamingcomputers.asp

Sincerely,
Digital Storm Sales Team
SlamDancinMoogle View Drop Down

Quote SlamDancinMoogle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:42pm
Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can nag at your webmaster there is a "Ramage" (should be Rampage) mobo listed in the dropdown for Mobos, and "Hassel free" should be "Hassle-free" incorrect spelling and a missed hyphen.

I'm just being nitpicky though :P For perfect rigs, no reason not to have a perfect site. was waiting for the 4th special to place my order... now it's time to bite the bullet :P
It is the nature of man to create monsters,
It is the nature of monsters to destroy their creators.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:49pm
Cheers mate! I need to get our web team to get a spell/grammar check!

Thanks again!
Gunner View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:57pm
Thanks Alex!  I knew they would I just thought that the sales department should have done it automatically.  So far I am pleased with your company and in fact as soon as I get my computer in 7 or so days I will probably order one for my wife if we both like this one.  Thanks again for your reply. 

Edited by Gunner - 02 Jul 2010 at 3:46pm
Gpaint View Drop Down

Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:11am
Im sure they may be able to work things out for you Gunner dont get so upset it makes things worse though.

I also emailed Sarah and she told me she wasnt sure if there was going to be a sale. .....What this really means is Digital Storm is a company and companies dont just talk about thier sales ahead of time. The customer is always the one responsible to manage thier purchase as far as timing is concerned when sales are launched. I myself am buying tomorrow and I had simply assumed a sale would launch since all thier competitors will mostly do the same. Some companies have price guarantees for this but DS im sure does not but since it is within a few hours maybe?

Great sale though DS! Im excited that despite my wait to purchase since your warranty change will actually in the end still allow me to have the premium warranty from before:)
Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Hailstorm - 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Dual Nvidia GTX 480 1.5GB
Corsair GT Force SSD (180GB) - Western Digital 1TB (64MB)
Full Sub Zero Cooling
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:26am
Just shoot them an email, they're pretty understanding about such things and they should be able to add the free upgrade to your order.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:50am
Being a Digital Storm customer, one of the greatest things is that you never need to be upset.

We're a customer centered business and want to ensure our customers are happy.

We'll be more than happy to add the promotion to your orders as long as they haven't shipped yet.

Please contact us directly via our toll-free number or send us a message using our message system in the 'Customer Service' section.
rickbebe View Drop Down

Quote rickbebe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:49pm
Ramage mobo? Lord,that's really funny! It has to do 1 of 2 things:
1) holds 100 gig of ram
2) well, let's just say it doesn't make you feel confident
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 11:57am
Greetings, I've just completed my order with Sara who is very understanding and helpful. I'm so excited about my new system and can hardly wait for its arrival. The 4th of July sale is greatly appreciated as I was just configuring a few days prior and it was just what I needed to pull the trigger. I just need to add one thing to it so I will be contacting her on the next business day. (small item) Thanks so much Digital Storm you've exceeded my expectations so far and surely will follow thru with great service and a outstanding product.
MaxHits
(If you run you'll only die tired)
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:06am
Lester43 View Drop Down

Quote Lester43 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:00pm
Dear Valued Customer,

An error has occurred, the webmaster has been notified of this error. To continue placing your order, please contact us at, 1-866-81-STORM.

If possible, please also email us how you got to this problem.

Warm Regards,
Digital Storm Support Team
1-866-81-STORM
[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received the following message above when I tried to view the status of my order and print a sales receipt. An order invoice was not sent to my email address. I just wanted to make sure my order went through. I was trying to take advantage of the DS 4th of July Sale. I am a new customer to DS. I did all the research and DS had the best combination of good reviews and price. However, contacting them via phone or e-mail is almost impossible lately. I placed my order online about 6 hours before the 4th of July sale was to expire. I noticed the website moving very slow. I was not sure if it was that everybody was placing a last minute order like me or that my old eight year old Dell P4 XPS was the problem. However the order went through but I never got a email from DS saying that it did. So this sale must have them so busy that they are back logged with orders. I would have thought the email would have been automated but I am not sure. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks.

Edited by Lester43 - 05 Jul 2010 at 11:08pm
Take Care, Lester43
Gpaint View Drop Down

Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:28pm
I wouldnt worry too much. DS has been out all weekend and they dont have all the fancy automated crap the big guys do. Knowing thier reputation if you placed an order before the sale ended they will make it right once they are in the office tomorrow:)

You will be fine. In my haste to order on friday I forgot like 3 things in the config and I emailed and called (calling didnt go though but I doubt they have a large dedicated staff with thier size) and they did message me back with the corrections made and even a follow up from the sales manager to be sure. In short, they will get you fixed up tomorrow.

Oh and until you reach stage 1 (order processed) you wont have an order number to check status with.
Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Hailstorm - 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Dual Nvidia GTX 480 1.5GB
Corsair GT Force SSD (180GB) - Western Digital 1TB (64MB)
Full Sub Zero Cooling
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:29am
Thanks, it makes me feel better. I just got nervious not being able to talk to someone. Though I realize they probably have monday off due to the 4th. I have full confidence they are the right folks to do business with.
MaxHits
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 3:07pm
Dang! My order just went to stage 3 and Cassandra called me back to verify two addons to my build.Strong

Digital Storm has exceeded my expectations! You guys are great! Thanks so much for your team effort in customer service.Love

I've been in the auto sales business for over 30 years and know what customer service is and how important it can be to any business. With your outstanding products and superior customer service I'm sure of your future success.

You can be sure I will strongly recomend Digital Storm in the future to my fellow gamers and anyone who is in need of a quality machine supported by an awesome sales staff.

If all goes according to plan I should have my gaming pc in a week or so I can hardly bieleve it.Excited
MaxHits
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:37pm
Double Dang!

Its at stage 5 now.Drooling Just a couple of adjustments to the build. Cassandra helped me out with excellent customer service calling me to inform me of what needed to happen.

It blows me away that it could be shipped this week if all checks out in the testing phase.Excited

Wow Digital Storm Rocks!Awesome
MaxHits
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:04pm
Thanks for the praise!
cohenfive View Drop Down

Quote cohenfive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:39pm
darnit, missed your july 4th sale.....i guess i'll wait for the next. i'm on the email list now, hope it wont' be too long. ds looks great, but at a pretty good premium to some competitors. i like the fact that they are a sf bay area company since i'm local.....
Mr. View Drop Down

Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 4:36pm
Next is hopefully Labor day, So so long away Frustrated
Mr.
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:12pm
I think you havent done much shopping. Price your config on New Egg. I did it comes out the same within a few bucks. Then you have to put it together and hope it works as planned. Digital Storm is very price competitive and they test the products before shipping them to you also they stand with you with tech support and service after the sale. Read the reviews and check. You will find no higher rated builder . I can't stress enough the time and research I've put into the decision to purchase this product and feel very comfortable with the Digital Storm team. Superior service outstanding products! Well respected in this community.
MaxHits
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 11:09am
I order on the 7/4 sale and still don't have my PC.  Has anyone else received theirs? I'm told mine is still in Stage 5 (test) and may not ship until next week.
Shawn in VA, USA.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 7:47pm
@fahertyps,

I've a response to the other thread post you did (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11452&KW=&PID=132588#132588).

Please have a look at that, and please feel free to contact me directly for official help.
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Alex

@fahertyps,

I've a response to the other thread post you did (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11452&KW=&PID=132588#132588).

Please have a look at that, and please feel free to contact me directly for official help.

Thanks for looking into this and for the feedback Alex. I don't want to rush it if there are stability problems. Any way to expedite shipment?
MaxHIts View Drop Down

Quote MaxHIts Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 10:38am
Your not alone. I did the same on July 4th weekend. Made some upgrades and have been told yesterday it is in final stage of testing and if passes QC will most likely ship on Monday. Still do not wish to rush anything as I know they are all about a quality machine and thoughly test them. I have had several contacts with Sarah, Cassandra, Miranda and Stella who have been very helpful thru out the last couple weeks as some changes were needed. I am confident Digital Storm is doing the best they can to provide us with an outstanding product. Rest easy. 
MaxHits
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:59pm

@fahertyps,

@alex  Can you please give me a status update?  Have not heard anything this week.  (Sorry, could not figure out how to pm you.)
Shawn in VA, USA.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:00pm
No problem.

Please send me an email with your order number and I can look into it for you: [email protected]
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:44am
Appears to have shipped yesterday.  Delivery next Wed to the east coast. Thanks for your help.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:36pm
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:40pm

No problem.

Please send me an email with your order number and I can look into it for you: [email protected]

Just saw your email in the sig block pic - duh Confused
Shawn in VA, USA.
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:12am
PC finally got here yesterday! - one month to the day since I ordered it.  Seems very well built and extremely neat (wires, etc) inside.  I was a bit surprised I had to update so many of the 64-bit Win 7 patches.  Thought that would be part of the install and stabilization testing, but I guess that was h/w and the associated drivers. Only other things of note so far are the fan in the side of the CM Elite 310 case is a bit loud and there does not appear to be a free power plug for an additional Serial ATA HDD which I wanted to add.

BTW, my teenage boys are giving me a hard time about buying a "no-name" pc that their friends have never heard of.  I told them they would learn to appreciate it and that they would begin to hear more and more about D/S. My 15YO actually said he was glad I didn't go with another Dell or HP. Once he gets his games installed I'm sure he will be even happier.

Shawn in VA, USA.
 Post Reply Post Reply