FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

800D with DS Logo Available on Hailstorm Config???

Post Date: 2011-08-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SecretCobraz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 800D with DS Logo Available on Hailstorm Config???
    Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 5:51pm
I am very interested in a DS system, and was wondering if the 800D with the DS Logo from the Cryo-TEC config is an option for the Hailstorm Config, as I would prefer the Nice DS Logo on the front. My configuration and budget does not warrant costs exceeding $3,000-$3,500 as the Hailstorm Config fits just right. I do not see any physical difference but there may be hardware mods and other changes.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:04pm
Cryo-TEC pic has a tec cooling system which is not at all needed to be honest.

it also has painted fans and etc which is all custom and cost extra.

you can get more performance for less, if you like I can show you, at the end if you still want the tec then we can do that too, but first lets figure out what you need, what is the res you gonna be gaming at?
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:13pm
i agree with dst, sure you could possibly get something for 3500 and have tec but your gonna be spending a huge part of your budget on the cooling and not the performance of your system.

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:18pm
Unfortunately I cannot give an exact rez as I will be getting new screens at some point, but I will be doing Heavy gaming like Starcraft 2, BF3, lol, crysis 2,ect and some Video Editing. Below are the base specs for what I am look at. I plan on doubling the Memory and installing 2 more GPUs down the line, as I will be able to run everything at max with just 1 GTX 580. I already have a 1TB WD Black Caviar for my current rig I can use as a Data Drive.

Black OPS HailStorm
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
8GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Dominator GT
1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series
60GB SSD Corsair Force GT Series
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only

Here is the Ticket for the Config: 591515
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/loadconfig.asp

Edited by SecretCobraz - 29 Aug 2011 at 6:22pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:24pm
Ok I'm not sure where you are getting the info but you got some bad info.

how well a single 580 will do is 90% dependent on your res, and I can tell you right now a single 580 will not max out most of the games out there at 1900 x 1200, you will need sli, not to mentioned the newer games coming.

what you need to do first is narrow down the monitor you gonna get.

you are not going tri sli on that platform with that mobo, so cross tri sli out.

If you are trying to spend $1500 on stuff that you will never see any kind of gain from then that is one thing, but if you are trying to get power for every dime you spend, then that is a different story.

I can tell you right now lot of stuff you have posted are pointless and for less I can beat your performance.

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Aug 2011 at 6:25pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:30pm
maximus can do tri sli dst.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by RiceEatin2000GT

No it can't, there are not enough pci lanes to do it on the p67/z68 mobo no matter what you get, you will endup with x8 x8 x4, making your third card pointless.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Originally posted by RiceEatin2000GT

No it can't, there are not enough pci lanes to do it on the p67/z68 mobo no matter what you get, you will endup with x8 x8 x4, making your third card pointless.

yes it can lol. it uses the nf200 and will run 3 cards at x16 x16 x8.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:56pm
Rice its not the same, we have been over this a million times, that is false advertisement, my mobo is suppose to have four x16 lanes witht he nf chip but you don't endup getting that.

the p67 does not have that to give, it only has 16 lanes to give, there is no way for it to give the advertised lanes:

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Aug 2011 at 6:58pm
Aroberts0820 View Drop Down

Quote Aroberts0820 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 8:19pm
I think one of SecretCobraz initial questions has gone un-answered, I would kind of like to know also. Is it possible to get the modded 800D corsair case from the TEC system on a non-TEC build. I'm not interested in the actual TEC system itself, just the case. I believe this is what SecretCobraz was asking. It would be nice to get this confirmed :D

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Aroberts0820

I think one of SecretCobraz initial questions has gone un-answered, I would kind of like to know also. Is it possible to get the modded 800D corsair case from the TEC system on a non-TEC build. I'm not interested in the actual TEC system itself, just the case. I believe this is what SecretCobraz was asking. It would be nice to get this confirmed :D

Yep, my thread got hijacked. I am looking at just building the damn rig myself. I also still don't know if P67 will support 3-way SLI. I will probably wait until Ivory bridge and Keplar are out.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by SecretCobraz

Originally posted by Aroberts0820

Yep, my thread got hijacked. I am looking at just building the damn rig myself. I also still don't know if P67 will support 3-way SLI. I will probably wait until Ivory bridge and Keplar are out.

i suggest calling digital storm for that question. The answer is yes it does support it(the maximus can do it) Downfall is the scaling isn't very good after 2 cards.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:03am
P67 will not support tri sli correctly, if you look at the pic of the platform you will see it has total of 16 lanes for the gpus so tri sli will not work correctly.

here dragoon explains it in detail for the p67 and its limitation and the fact that it can't do tri sli correctly, no matter what mobo you use.

as for tec, as I mentioned in my first post, that pic has painted fans and etc which I do not believe DS does anymore, so looking at that pic, taking out the red fans, the tec you are left with the 800d and I'm sure DS can stick logo upfront for you, If I missed something let me know.

Edited by DST4ME - 30 Aug 2011 at 2:05am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:26am
Originally posted by DST4ME

P67 will not support tri sli correctly, if you look at the pic of the platform you will see it has total of 16 lanes for the gpus so tri sli will not work correctly.

here dragoon explains it in detail for the p67 and its limitation and the fact that it can't do tri sli correctly, no matter what mobo you use.

as for tec, as I mentioned in my first post, that pic has painted fans and etc which I do not believe DS does anymore, so looking at that pic, taking out the red fans, the tec you are left with the 800d and I'm sure DS can stick logo upfront for you, If I missed something let me know.

correctly and able to do it are 2 different things
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:40am
I don't consider x8 x8 x4 doing sli, and I'm sure ones asking are wondering if they can do tri sli correctly and not just sticking 3 cards on a mobo.

Edited by DST4ME - 30 Aug 2011 at 3:42am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:58pm
We can add the logo cut to any HailStorm build, it'll cost $99.

Quote Aroberts0820 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 3:40pm
@Alex:

Does the logo light up Red, or is that a lighting option that costs extra as well? I would totally buy that for $99, adds a lot of character to the case.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Its just a cut painted red if I understand it correctly.

Edited by DST4ME - 30 Aug 2011 at 4:17pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 4:43pm

The front panel of the 800D is sent to a machine shop where they cut it either with a plasma cutter or water jet machine. Then we install a red mesh grill behind it and place it back in the system. The $99 fee includes all of the overhead, transportation, machine time, etc...

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Alex

The front panel of the 800D is sent to a machine shop where they cut it either with a plasma cutter or water jet machine. Then we install a red mesh grill behind it and place it back in the system. The $99 fee includes all of the overhead, transportation, machine time, etc...

Sounds good to me.

Quote Aroberts0820 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:00pm
Thanks for the clarification.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
Makes me want to order one
 Post Reply Post Reply