FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8800GTS 640mb Video card

Post Date: 2007-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catti-brie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catti-brie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 8800GTS 640mb Video card
    Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 2:11pm
I recently bought a custom built gaming computer from Digital Storm:) ( I love it!!!) Anyhow I have the SLI set-up but currently only using one vid card, which is the Nvidea 8800 GTS 640MB.
I play battlefield 2142, and was wondering if I can have this card at all the highest settings, without hurting my card or hurting my game play? It was overclocked. Currently I have it set on half med/ half high? Thanks!!!
Crulend View Drop Down

Quote Crulend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 2:13pm
You won't hurt the card.  If your frames-per-second get too low, just bring the details back down.  You should be able to max it out, though.
Donut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Catti-brie

I recently bought a custom built gaming computer from Digital Storm:) ( I love it!!!) Anyhow I have the SLI set-up but currently only using one vid card, which is the Nvidea 8800 GTS 640MB.
I play battlefield 2142, and was wondering if I can have this card at all the highest settings, without hurting my card or hurting my game play? It was overclocked. Currently I have it set on half med/ half high? Thanks!!!

Your fps really should be pretty high with an 8800. I'm going to switch soon, but my 7100 can run bf 2142 at medium-high medium resolution with a tolerable framerate, and its a lot older than yours. You should be able to run most modern games with that card. Oh yeah, and what the other guy said, don't worry about "hurting" your card, thats not going to happen.
Catti-brie View Drop Down

Quote Catti-brie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 7:22pm
Thanks for the input:)
Donut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 7:31pm

Thanks for the input:)

No problem. Might want to wait for a lil more input from the ds people tho, just so you get all the info you really need. Or other people round here.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 7:39pm
Thank you everyone for posting replies and helping Cattie out! :)

Like everyone said, you will be perfectly fine, feel free to max everything out. We test our systems with all of the graphical settings at their highest possible setting in 72-hour stress test. That's the Digital Storm difference Star. If it fails the test, we replace the card and re-test them. We always weed out the weak cards that could develop problems here in our facility so that you don't have to when you get the machine.

Edited by Alex - 04 Aug 2007 at 7:39pm
Donut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Alex

Thank you everyone for posting replies and helping Cattie out! :)

Like everyone said, you will be perfectly fine, feel free to max everything out. We test our systems with all of the graphical settings at their highest possible setting in 72-hour stress test. That's the Digital Storm difference Star. If it fails the test, we replace the card and re-test them. We always weed out the weak cards that could develop problems here in our facility so that you don't have to when you get the machine.

Wow, if you guys really do that, great policy. This forum has been pretty helpful so far. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply