Post Date: 2016-08-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Questions View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: About Aventum 3
    Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:39pm
Hello everyone, just registered this forum account since I have a few question about Aventum 3 really concerns me.

Here are the questions, thanks for taking your time to read them.

1. When Aventum 3 compares to O****** Genesis regarding to their liquid cooling system (H20 HydraLuxe PRO vs CRYOGENIC Stage III). Which one is easier for me to change internal components(mostly graphic cards) in the future? Which one is easier for me to refill? (I'm not worried about their performance, I'm sure both of them are very good)

2. If I choose the 2 new titan x sli, both of them are connected with the new HB Bridge right? Or they use the standard one? If so can I specially request them to use the new one? (I know there may not be any performance difference, but I still want the new Bridge)

3. Are those liquid cooling tubes (H20 HydraLuxe PRO) clear color? I mean whatever color I choose for the liquid, the tube would apear in that color as well since tube itself has no color(clear) right? I'm concerned about this because I know the the Origin Genesis liquid cooling system has separate color options for tubes and liquid inside.

4. Does RAID 0 really improve data loading speeding in general when SSD already has 500+ mb read/write speed? Or it's not useful most of the time.

5. If I choose to add a Raid Card to my system, they will connect hard drives to the raid card and configure them in Bios and there is no software related to it right? I'm worried about this because due to security issues, I'll probably formate all hard drives after I receive the computer and reinstall everything. This also leads to next questions.

6. How hard is it to take out hard drives in the computer case and install new ones?

7. How long does it take for them to build my Aventum 3? On the website, it says ship early September? How early would it be? (I just want it within a month)

Thanks again.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 6950X 3.0GHz (10-Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: ASUS X99 RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 (Intel X99 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices) (RGB Lighting)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1500W Corsair AX1500i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: Option Not Available
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 2x SSD (2TB Samsung 850 PRO)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs)
RAID Card: LSI MegaRAID External 9280-8e (Up to 8 Drives) (SATA/SAS) (6Gb/s) (PCI-E 2.0) (512MB Memory)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB (Pascal) (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: White Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LED Airflow Performance Edition (White) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)
LaserMark: - No Thanks

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 27 Aug 2016 at 3:49am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:56pm
OK boss fist welcome to the forums.

Second here is some info for you:

If that pc is for gaming then you are being taken for a ride because I can beat you in gaming in z170 vs that config.

1. Liquid cooling (LC)'s performance is based on its parts, you are mistaken to think that "(I'm not worried about their performance, I'm sure both of them are very good)", Thats not how it works.

LC's performance is solely dependent on the quality of its parts, Not all cpu waterblocks are the same nor are gpu waterblocks.

My advise to you before you jump the gun and trust people on the net, is to get some creditable info and know what you are getting and paying for. I can show you 2 LC systems both will cost around $1300 but one will drastically out perform the other due to the radiators/waterblocks used. And that is just the basics, there is the pump you use, not only the type of tubes you use but also the size of the tube use are important, then there is the fans and etc.

Long story short if you want me to tell you the difference between one LC and the other you need to tell me the make and model gpu and cpu water blocks they use, so I can compare them to the ones DS uses, I the ones I would use myself if I was building my own pc. I can tell this:

A. DS does not want us to discuss other builders here.

B. I went to the builder you mentioned and looked up the cooling you referred to and to be honest the first red flag is that there is no explanation of the parts used there, not even what is including the loop.

If you can find out the make and model and size of the radiator they use in the cooling system, the make and model of the gpu and cpu waterblocks then I can tell you whether they are actually both good in performance or one is superior then the other.

As far as which is easier to work on, again that is dependent on how they setup their loops, here at DS you can ask them to modify it so its easier to drain plus QD and etc, but just because you can drain the loop here easier for example it does not mean that changing wb on the gpu is easier because of that, that again depends on the wb used on the gpu in this example.

2. Last time Alex said they are using HB bridges now, I think for lc on gpu they are using the evga so it fits but double check to be sure.

3. tubing is clear so the color of the fluid will come through. IF the tube has color it makes the fluid color pointless pretty much, so its best to go with one or the other.

4. Raid does improve large file speeds but IMHO its only useful if you are doing work with large files. for gaming its kinda pointless, plus why raid 850 when you can go 950 pro?

5. If you are changing drives you will need to setup raid all over again , if you are using a new os then you won't need any other drivers but on older os you may need drivers.

6. Its not hard but working on your LC is much harder, just fyi.

7. It should take 15 business days, but to be 100% sure ask before you order to be sure.

As I mentioned before if this is a gaming pc I can beat your perfomrance with a 6700k. If this is a work type pc and not gaming then you have some conflicts and some other things that are not the best choice. It has nothing to do with money, just so you know my pc in my sig cost 10k+ but that is because I spent every dime on performance first then some looks.

I also like to advise you to go sites like anadtech and do some research yourself before you take the other company or mine or DS's word on anything, listen to what me and others have to say then do some research yourself in creditable sites like anadtech and then come to your final decision based on the facts. Don't just trust that company or that company has good lc or whatever the parts.

Last take the customer service into account when you are looking for a builder, things go wrong and when they do how are you treated? that is most important to me.

Hope that info helps, if you have any more questions let me know

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 4:12am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:39am
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm really surprised for such detailed reply. Thank you again.

I watch the Aventum 3 video again, I'm wondering about the "Integrated Fluid Ports", it seems like with this mechanic, it's no longer required to drain liquid out of the entire cooling system anymore (for changing gpu), just need to unplug the tube connects gpu and the port on the motherboard tray. Is it true?

Edited by Questions - 27 Aug 2016 at 1:01am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:44am
My pleasure

I got QD (Quick Disconnect) right before my gpu blocks and right after so that I can easily disconnect the gpus from the loop to make changes or repairs if you will.

So if you are referring to the QD yes, when you disconnect via QD then the fluid is not drained fully.

I suggest you do a bit of looking around and figure out how you want your loop setup, my setup is something I specifically asked for, you need to decide how you want your setup to be and ask for that.

However to make things easier I would recommend you ask DS for a drain valve in your loop so that you can easily drain it via the valve if you need to.

You have anymore questions let us know

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 12:49am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:07am
Thanks for reminding me about asking them for drain valve, I definitely would like to have it. Also what do you by "with QD, liquid is not drained fully", do you mean I still need to drain some liquid out rather than just unplug the tube right away?

Also about Real-Time Data in Digital Storm's Control Panel app, is it possible to change temperature display from °F to °C?

Thank you again.

Edited by Questions - 27 Aug 2016 at 1:11am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:20am
If you are trying to flush the system then you need to open the loop not from QD.

When you open the QD it shuts off the valves so that there is no longer a flow from either side that you just opened, consider QD closed till you connect them up, then it opens and allow for flow.

Does that answer your question?

I don't use the DS control panel so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I would use different software for fan control and temps for better accuracy.

Hwmonitor is a good one, you can find it here

You never told me if this is a gaming rig or not, if it is can you tell me the native resolution of the your monitor you gonna be using or if you are in the market for a monitor?

Also as I mentioned your own config has some conflicts.

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 1:30am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:41am
Yeah those images answered my question, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Computer is both for playing games and work, but my work doens't require any computing power, so my choices are mostly based on gaming performance and exterior appearance.

I use ViewSonic VP2780-4K monitor with 3840x2160 resolution. And now I'm really looking forward for a HDCP 2.2 monitor so I can watch 4k movie on monitor. (It really feels meaningless watching it on 4k TV)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:12am
Thank you for that info. Allow me to share some info with you:

1. games right now benefit more from core speeds than they do from number of cores. aka higher cpu speed is more important than how many cores the cpu has.

2. the 6700K is from the newest architecture skylake which has much better core utilization.

3. the 6950x is on the old architecture brodwell, it lags behind sklylake in core utilization.

4. To future proof gaming rig as far as ram goes, we choose 16GB to future proof, otherwise 8GB is all you need.

5. For 4k gaming, a single titan under LC with heavy oc is all you need or stock sli 1080, of course with single titan you don't have to deal with sli scaling issues as you would with sli 1080.

6. noise canceling stuff is kinda conflicting with the build itself, truth is that your system is under lc so its going to be more on the quiet side, chocking it with padding is pointless and I'm gonna tell you what to ask for so that we can control the fans ourselves with free software, long story short forget the noise canceling nonsense. Chose between performance and noise you will have to sacrifice one a bit for the other. If you still want less noise let me know and I will discuss your options but you will lose a little performance somewhere.

Based on those facts the 6700k is the obvious choice, its the new platform with the newest tech, its going to have a higher oc since it has less cores and it over clocks better.

So here is my recommendation for you, this will out perform the 6950x config in gaming and anything that has no use for more then 4 cores. I left the sli titan on there for you, but just know that you don't really need them, you can do with single titan with high oc or sli 1080 stock:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

So this is what you need to maxout games at 4k (well more then what you need since its sli titan but as I explained you only need one).

I removed the fan control and etc, instead I kept the extra fans but I all you do is ask DS to connect all the fans to the motherboard, Now your motherboard comes with a software called Fan Xpert+ with that you can control all the fans, for most accurate temps with go to hwmonitor as I mentioned.

Tell me what you think, if you still want to go with the old tech and 6950, then I will be more then happy to show you what to get with that.

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 2:17am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:15am
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I saw you chose 2666 Memory, is there any performance increase from choosing higher frequency Memory (like 2666 to 3200)??

Edited by Questions - 27 Aug 2016 at 3:42am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:24am
Originally posted by DST4ME

OK boss fist welcome to the forums.

Second here is some info for you:

3. tubing is clear so the color of the fluid will come through. IF the tube has color it makes the fluid color pointless pretty much, so its best to go with one or the other.

Hope that info helps, if you have any more questions let me know

The reservoir on the Aventum 3 case is clear and big so you can see the coolant's color even if the tubing is not clear. Just fyi. Big%20Smile

When disconnecting the QDCs there is a drop or two of liquid you have to watch for, at least on mine. Enjoy.Awesome
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Questions

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I saw you chose 2666 Memory, is there any performance increase from choosing higher frequency Memory (like 2666 to 3200)?

No there is not much to speak of but the lower speed ram have better timings which is a bit more important.

Let me put it this way, if you see a change in my config, its not a step down, so for example if you see me go with 16GB vs the 32GB of ram you had the 6950x config, that is not a step down, reason being that I can come and without your knowledge change that 32GB to 16GB you would never notice the difference, the same goes for 3200MHz ram vs 2666MHz ram, you won't notice it.

All I did was remove the stuff you would never notice from your build and what I was left with is my build. The difference is that the 6700K will actually get to 4.4GHz or higher and thus will be faster in gaming than the 6950x.

Also as mentioned there is a drop or two when you disconnect the QD but that is normal for QD.

Also as mentioned the reservoir is big and clear, for example you like white so this is what it will kind of look like:

that big white cylinder on the right is the cleaer reservoir filled with white fluid

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 3:36am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:43am
I see, thanks.

Also the ASUS MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME seems really complicated to use, there're so many options. Where do I really control it? It comes with a App in Windows right? And the Fan control is another app? Also there is a control panel on the DVD bay, like which one do I use? Do I use the software or control panel on the DVD bay?

Also I'm concerned about the KEYBOT II, my keyboard already control by SteelSeries app, they won't conflict with each other right?

And about cpu, 6950x can boost up to 4.4GHz too right?

Edited by Questions - 27 Aug 2016 at 3:58am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 3:58am
Good questions and info.

Lets go with the delux mobo for you, first you have no use for all the oc features since you are not trying to go extreme oc, second keybot will interfere wtih your keyboard, you can always turn it off, but why get something you don't want to begin with?

We can go delux if you want wifi and etc or we can just go gaming and save a few hundred and lose wifi basically.

Which way would you like to go?

6950x at 4.4GHz if it can get there would be a high oc, I would be surprised to see it there with a good vcore, if there at all.

6700k at 4.4GHz to 4.6GHz should be around 1.2v to 1.3v vcore, aka great high speeds at low vcore (you want to be below 1.3v). 6950x at 4.3GHz if you are lucky will be over 1.3v probably over 1.35v. aka high vcore. New tech and lower core helps the 6700k here be a much better candidate for a high oc around 4.5GHz with a great vcore.

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 4:10am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:03am
Originally posted by DST4ME

that big white cylinder on the right is the cleaer reservoir filled with white fluid

Good heavens, Just that corner of the AVENTUM has me all over. That's a beautiful design.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:08am
That is the only thing I regret about my build, we had no room for me to go with the cylinder reservoir so I had to settle for those stupid square reservoir hate hate hate

Learned my lesson, next one I don't care how big it is, it will have everything I want

Edited by DST4ME - 27 Aug 2016 at 4:09am
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:30am
Thanks for the explanition about cpu boost. I saw a few YouTube videos about Asus Maximus VIII Extreme, it's not as complicated as I thought, now I feel more comfortable with it.

Ok another 2 questions before I buy.

Is it safe to nextday air ship it without liquid in the system and I fill them by myself after I receive it. Or it's just not safe for air shipping at all?

And there won't be any BIOS settings for me to modify right? Everything would be done while building the system.

Also last thing can I order my system without any storage drive in it? I want to buy hard drives myself.

Edited by Questions - 27 Aug 2016 at 4:32am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:39am
Remember the keybot is in the extreme also and it will make your keyboard have issues.

I would not air ship this, I would also order a crate for this to be ship with.

the oc and everything is in the bios all set. When you get the pc go into your bios and save it as a profile so you always have the oc settings saved.

yes you can get your drive, but just remember all ssds are not the same, right now now the best is samsung, the 950 pro is a pci ssd and its the fastest. if you don't want an m.2 drive like the 950pro then get a samsung 850. Don't make the mistake of just getting any ssd.
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:55am
I can disable Keybot right? I thought they always use crate for their shipment, so I have to specially request for a crate?

Also 6700k comes with a built-in graphic card, I can disable it in BIOS right?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 4:58am
Yes you can disable keybot.

Yes you have to request and pay extra for a crate.

Yes 6700k comes with integrated gpu, it will be disabled when you get the pc, if not yes you can disable it in the bios.
Questions View Drop Down

Quote Questions Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:05am
Thank you again, really helped me with building my computer.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:32am
My pleasure and good luck

You have anymore questions let us know
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:38pm
Looks like an awesome build!
 Post Reply Post Reply