FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adventure III Liquid Cooling config

Post Date: 2016-06-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tigurius View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tigurius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Adventure III Liquid Cooling config
    Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:03pm
I am looking into the purchase of the Aventum 3. My question revolves around the liquid cooling piping configurations. Installing the hard tubing or copper seems like it would add more complexity to upgrade and maintenance of the system than standard tubing. Has anyone had these experiences with this system. I was considering the hard tubing.which I believe is PCV.
Tigurius
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:32pm
The rigid tubing is purely aesthetics.   It doesn't perform any better than flex. Rigid does make working on the PC and swapping parts more difficult.   Flex has quick disconnects that make it easier to pull a video card for troubleshooting.

Rigid looks great, but flex is , well, more flexible and easier to work on.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 3:24am
Like bpratt22 states, rigid tubing is way better looking and cool.Excited However, you have to be very very careful when you do a clean up since the tubing has absolutely no give and you don't want to push on it. If you have to do any work in the loop or around it the difficulty becomes headache creating.Frustrated One of the more knowledgeable members (name withheld to protect the innocentWink) had his rigid tubing changed over to the flexible type upon returning the system for other issues). If I was doing the tube bending, I'd go for it. It is very satisfying to create bends and connect hardware without leaks (also a pita and time consuming), otherwise go for the flexible type, you'll love it and it does look good. Aventums are already very impressive and stand out in any room.LOL

Edited by hoserator - 06 Jun 2016 at 3:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply