FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Cooler Fan Loud Noise Silencer

Post Date: 2017-03-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dyoungyn View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dyoungyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Air Cooler Fan Loud Noise Silencer
    Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 7:02am
Can anyone tell me how to silence the Liquid Cooler fan noise on my Aura AIO? I have done some research and the noise may be either a cheap fan or vibrations and want to know how to silence it. The loud fan noise is aggravating.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:04am
Depends what the noise is.   Those small AIO coolers can get loud when the fans are on high, or it could be a bad fan.  If its the fan speed you can adjust the speed in BIos or use SpeedFan, etc. 

MSI motherboards have software, I believe they call it Command Center, where you can make rpm adjustments to fans plugged into the motherboard.  Look in the manual.

If its a bad fan then you can try pushing on the center of the blades, fan off of course, and see if it settles.  Or check that its mount is tight.  Or, a bad fan needing replacement.

If you adjust the fans make sure the temps while game playing stay safe.  Single fan coolers might not have a lot of flexibility with rpm vs adequate cooling. 

Big%20Smile

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:49am
Ignore parts of my previous post.  Big%20Smile    When I saw AIO I was thinking the AIO liquid coolers and not the AIO desktop.   The air cooler does have the single fan, but I'm not sure if its adjustable in Bios.   It could be the noise is just that fan being noisy which some can be or a bad fan.   Depends if the noise is a grinding sound or just a loud fan.  

Not much help, but tough to say without hearing it. 
dyoungyn View Drop Down

Quote dyoungyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:44am
The Liquid Cooled fan continuously runs all the time. It is aggravating and loud. I have done research w/ Digitalstorm and there may be the capability to use software to silence the fan. I just need to see if the Aura is even capable as such.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:02am
I'm confused.  Do you have the Digital Storm Vortex liquid cooler or the Standard factory fan, which is air ? 

Either way, both types of coolers have their fans running all the time.  It's needed to keep the cpu from overheating.   That's normal.  If its real loud, then you probably have a bad fan.  But noise is subjective, meaning what you consider loud is normal for others. 

If its the Vortex liquid, use your motherboard manual and it will show you how to use the software included with the MSI motherboard to adjust fans plugged into the mobo cpu_fan connector on the board.  That's assuming the mobo is MSI.  If its Asus then they also have software the manual will explain.

dyoungyn View Drop Down

Quote dyoungyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:23pm
Problem resolved. I accessed the Motherboard CD you all sent me, installed software and lowered the fan speed and now it is MUCH quieter. I can now hear the fan from the Graphics card which is silent compared to the fan on the liquid cooling fan.

Thank you for inspiring me to access resources to trouble shoot.

Don Young
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:28pm
My pleasure and enjoy the new quiet.

It's good to know how things work and how to tweak settings.   Nice job.
 Post Reply Post Reply