FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

all USB ports are not equal!

Post Date: 2008-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gorlash View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gorlash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: all USB ports are not equal!
    Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:21pm
I purchased a DSO machine today, generally I'm very happy with it.  I have noticed a quirk with the top-of-chassis USB port, though.  I purchased an IDE-to-USB adapter, to get all my data off the drive from my old machine.  When I plugged it into the socket that's on the top of the chassis (Antec 900), it initially identified and connected the drive, but after transfering a couple of GB of data, the system suddenly said "the drive has been disconnected or is no longer available".  I can unplug and replug the drive, and this sequence occurs again.

I then moved it to one of the USB slots on the back of the machine, and it's been transferring data just fine. 

What is different about the slot at the top??  Why would I have a problem with it?

BTW, I'm using WinXP SP3.
Pineapplerum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pineapplerum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 6:51am
I have trouble with my USB ports in the front, too. Just two of them, not all five. 
gamerk2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote gamerk2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 7:53am
Hmmm...sounds like the USB hub keeps loosing the installed device...Can you try using another USB device (memory sticks work well), and see if it disconnects?
 Post Reply Post Reply