Run Witcher 3 at 2560x1440 with high settings:
[Please Type Here]

Usage:
Recreational gaming, browsing, e-mail,etc

Special Needs:
Needs to fit in small space

Saved Ticket #: Not available

Specifications:
Digital Storm recently changed standard builds for Bolt 3. I am currently leaning toward their level 3 build substituting a Titan card for the GTX 980. Anybody see a problem with this? Is this build likely to be noisy or have thermal problems? Plan to go ahead and order in next couple of days if no one sees a problem.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:39am
Welcome.

I don't know what you mean by a Bolt 3 coupled with a GTX 980. It seems somehow you are looking at an old configuration. The model is currently the Bolt X, and the 980 is two generations of Nvidia card ago.

Your most economical solution at 1440p is the RTX 2070, touted as THE card for that resolution. It will not max out every poorly optimized game that comes out, but darn close. It would kill Witcher 3. The RTX 2080 will give you headroom for everything that comes down the pike, but comes in at $379 more. Titans are not even in the mix ATM with the uber power of the new series.

You'd want the 800W PSU (needed for 2080) and the smaller AIO Corsair cooler, IMO.

This is the short version, I'm confused by your dated reference. if you need more info, come back.

Edited by Cretae - 27 Dec 2018 at 8:17am
Bootystank911 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bootystank911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 3:52am
Ummm i have a gtx 970....980 will provide you with better quality....but most environments in the game will have to be dumb down....not to mention dont buy 4+ year old graphics cards and throw them into a high powered new pc build....you will see significant throttling on your cpu
BootyStank911
 Post Reply Post Reply