Post Date: 2010-03-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kainhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kainhall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: amd/ati just bit!$ slaped intel/NV in the FACE
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:17am
YES, it just might be true, my red glasses do not fail me!
at frist i thought nv would pull the fermi out of there hind ends but FAIL. its saint pattys day, every one has red in the computers, NOT GREEN!!!!!
and the 4 gig 5970!!! FTW. also the 6 core amds are due out VERY soon and there going to be like 300 bucks!

now all ranting asside, and appon putting on my one lenes green, one lens red glasses, i can still see that NV is geting fuc..... owned my ati and there 5970, and the vapor fermi??

(POLL- who thinks fermi should be called "deck-screw-vapor-mi")

but really, NV really has to hurry up, there losing x,xxx,xxx of $$$ on the dx11. o and this just in, ATI HAS PHYX. its not as defined as NV but insted of one card doing phyx and the other grafx, they both do 50/50.

you cna argue over whats better, but its still phyx. also the 8xx chipset is out. still no 4 way 16x but.... looking into my amd brand crystal ball...

phemon 2 x6... its comming to me... better mobo support equals 4 way 16x OMG.

all joking asside-for the 5 time- i really think this is good for the tech side of things. intel will always have hyper threading, and untel amd moves on from the k10, they wont have it, but who in the hell needs 8 or 12 threads. most games still only use 2 cores with the late 09 to now games supporting 4 threds.

the only thing that uses 8 or 12 is that 3d mark BS.

anyway i guess i will get back to RMAing my sapphire 5770.... the fan quit after i flashes the bois to get the 80 shaders problem fixed, and the stuped thing is... bois does nothing with the fan......

2 to 3 weeks later i can stop letting my mom use my 9800gt overclocked and i can blow up/shoot with my m1 garand this 7650gs. ITS GOT 256MB OF RAM, so much more then the 64mb in my geforce 4mx!!!!!!!

steam friends is kainhall
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:12am
sjjohns23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sjjohns23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:13am
Somebody should benchmark the American education system. 
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 9:10am

Intel =hates Nvidia for one, hence the lawsuits, Nvidia has a huge smear campain against Intel...

And if 12 threads was pointless for Intel, why does AMD make 8  and 12 core CPU's??
other than that, I have nothing else to say, because I have no idea what you are trying to say.Smile

Edited by justin.kerr - 18 Mar 2010 at 9:19am
kainhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kainhall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:43am
im just joking arround mainly, but whatever whay you look at it, intel and nvidia (not necarrly paired up but most systems in the world have guess what- intel cpu and a nvidia gpu) are getting messed u with amd's new chips and gpus.

now in a server, where you can use up to something like 128 cores, every core helps, i hosted a server on my 2 core and on my 1 core celeron, what a differance! even thow it only had 3 people on it, and the game is 7 years old, the dual care with a 400mhz pre core faster clock still beat my celeron, -just so you know my celeron baised computer has the same ram as my 2 core.

that is why amd/intel have 12 cores out, becasue it helps a lot in server baised apps.  now, games take WAY more coding, therefore every core you add, the harder it is to code, the more bugs, thne your left wiht a buggy fast game that crashes every 10 seconds, or a game that takes a long time to work out all the bugs.

intel does hate nividia, but like a siad before, most systems have intel/nv parts. and from what i have heard-im at school and every thing is blocked- 4 and 8 threds are a 12% performance difference for 500% higher price.

but when amd jumps on the hyper hreading it wil become cheap, aka the bulldozer cores that are going to curd stomp everything.

o and the amd 6 cores are RUMMORED to be released my my birth day, april 26!!!! happy birth day to ME!
Herniter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Herniter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by sjjohns23

Isn't that what Obama wants to do in order to better distribute federal school funds, along with his new revised no child left behind act?
kainhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kainhall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:50am
idot mark 09, thats what they will use
cswiacki View Drop Down

Quote cswiacki Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:31pm
I hope AMD is able to compete it with Intel like it did in the early dual core days. I remember AMD was actually preferred amongst many people when it came to dual cores, but that was a short lived time. 
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Herniter

Originally posted by sjjohns23

Isn't that what Obama wants to do in order to better distribute federal school funds, along with his new revised no child left behind act?

You mean what Bush did with the original No Child Left Behind Act? Don't act like benchmarking schools is a new idea. It's been around A WHILE. NCLB was a terrible abusive system that needs revamping so schools aren't given free reign to manipulate poor students and slow learners around to make demographics look better. I can't tell you how many times locally I've seen the sons and daughters of friends of mine (mostly caucasian) get moved around to other schools to pull their "racial per capita" grades up. Or they'll get moved out so that the "minority is too small to be represented".

Either way, the real priority should be toward education anyway. Not war, not politicians pockets, not fighting crime. Education solves many problems that no one wants to admit. Well, that and forcing parents to give a damn.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
sjjohns23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sjjohns23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:31pm
Lol. That wasn't the intent of my post. But anyways...
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:58pm
sjjohns23 is talking about the grammar... or the lack thereof, lol.  I was thinking the same thing, lol. 

Edited by EdH63 - 19 Mar 2010 at 8:00pm
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:32pm
I agree, Sjjohns23 and EdH63, I just get REAL tired of listening to comparatives with Obama anytime anyone says anything remotely political. I hear it alot at work and in real life, I tire quickly of it when I see it online.

Apologies.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
Chris91 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Chris91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:20am

Jeez, who cares about politics. That's what fat, old, and corrupt men are for. Now, what I was going say, was that as much as I am a huge fan of nvidia/intel, it hurts to say that the new fermi cards don't look too promising. In normal trends, nvidia is usually the alpha dog right about now, it's a sad time to be an nvidia fan.

kainhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kainhall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 10:48am

HEY, lets get back to making fun of me...... or talking about tech, not freaking out over the pres, and my english is really bad, i know, but i try

thanks
Kyu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kyu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 8:18pm
I thought Nvidia and Intel stopped holding hands a long time ago

and Obama isn't gonna do anything.
he talks the talk (sort of) but doesn't walk the walk
I'll bet he's good at giving rim jobs though
Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Kyu

I thought Nvidia and Intel stopped holding hands a long time ago

and Obama isn't gonna do anything.

he talks the talk (sort of) but doesn't walk the walk

I'll bet he's good at giving rim jobs though

Aren't you a moron. Anyway, two more days until the new cards hit the scene. The long awaited match up is upon us.
Chris91 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Chris91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 9:40pm
indeed, it's gonna be a tight heavyweight match: fermi vs 5870. Screw ati, i'll die an nvidia fan, "the way it's meant to be played".
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 9:54pm

And when you get that overpriced, poor peforming Fermi post up some bechmarks, and cry yourself some tears as I post some ATI benchmarks.Smile

Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 10:20pm
I've always been a complete Nvidia fan, liked their drivers a lot more and I'm just more familiar with their products in general. But unless the new Fermi GPUs somehow pull some amazing performance out of their asses I'll likely be going with an ATI for the first time.

As long as the Fermi can help push ATI prices down I'll be satisfied.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 10:27pm
exactly how I feel, and as far as AMD goes the only thing of interest is their 12 core CPU's,
Chris91 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Chris91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 11:27pm
i'm only joking around, yeah i love nvidia, but i'm not blind either..i know when i'm getting ripped off. besides, i'm not getting a new rig any time soon, and the fermis will be old news by the time i get my future rig with 5xx series cards, assuming they don't screw up like the fermis. Unhappy
kainhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kainhall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:26pm
well, nividia stil has to fill out there 4xx the 495 the 485 etc

by then the ati 6xxx cards will be out!   and AMD owns ATI so all that money ati made went to amd... bulldozer for the win?
 Post Reply Post Reply