Post Date: 2010-09-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Analyze Window Crash/Dump Files
    Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:45am
WhoCrashed is a utility that you can use to help find out what is causing full system fails ie Blue Screen of Death or the computer just shutting off all together.
It will not help you find out why a game or program is freezing, lagging, crashing, or anything of the sort.

Download here:
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

This is very straightforward, you open the program and click Analyze

It will then instruct you to scroll down and read the Analysis and Conclusion. If what it tells you does not make sense to you, simply post it on the forums for help or submit it to DSO directly here http://www.digitalstormonline.com/customerservice.asp

If you do understand it and are working on it on your own, keep a word document with saved results so that you can track different problems and solutions.
Its very common to see driver problems here. If a driver is named, make sure you are using the most current version of that driver by searching for it with Google.

ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:53am
If i remember right, i believe whocrashed analyzes minidumps, right? Kernel mem dumps don't work, check your settings if you plan on using it.
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
 Post Reply Post Reply