FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Velox case question

Post Date: 2017-09-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wingrider View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wingrider Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Another Velox case question
    Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 4:05pm
In doing some research and reading reviews. I understand that the Velox case is a completely in house design.

1. Is the side panel acrylic or tempered glass? If acrylic is there any plans about releasing an updated version of the case using tempered glass?

2. In reviews I noticed that the case color is white. But the standard finish is only available in the customization UI. Are case modifications a special order item?

3. How easy is it to remove and re-attach the side panel? On some reviews and unboxings some people seemed to have difficulty with it.

Along the same lines as question #1, are there any plans to release a case design/update for the Velox line?

Thanks
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:32am
Hi wingrider,

Got a Velox this summer and to answer a few :
1. the side panel is acrylic. I had a side fan installed blowing into the gpus. That option does not appear anymore.
2. they used to offer colors so no harm in asking but now it comes in a dark grey;
3 very easy, at least in mine. just pull off gently.

It is very cool and quiet. Hope that helps. Big%20Smile
wingrider View Drop Down

Quote wingrider Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 5:53am
Originally posted by hoserator

Hi wingrider,Got a Velox this summer and to answer a few :1. the side panel is acrylic. I had a side fan installed blowing into the gpus. That option does not appear anymore.2. they used to offer colors so no harm in asking but now it comes in a dark grey;3 very easy, at least in mine. just pull off gently.It is very cool and quiet. Hope that helps. Big%20Smile

Thank you this is very helpful.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 1:02pm
Great questions!

1. At this time we are only selling it with an acrylic window. Perhaps in 2018 we will offer it with a tempered glass version.

2. We only have the standard black finish in-stock at the moment. We will add back premium color options within the next 3-5 weeks.

3. The side panel easily comes off now, previously it had a latch design (generation 1) but since then, the panel door is affixed via tabs and is very easy to remove and install.
 Post Reply Post Reply