Anthem

Post Date: 2019-01-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Anthem
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 1:43pm
Let's talk shop, what were your impressions. How did it run for you?
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
Friday was pretty much a crap show. Couldn't get in at all for the first 5 or 6 hours so I stopped trying. Between server issue and infinite load bug it was frustrating. However, on Saturday and Sunday for the most part I was able to get in and other than the infinite loading bug here and there, I was able to play. I really had fun playing the game. I think the menu options need to be reworked on the PC and also not showing the team members' status was weird. I also don't think that the VoIP worked as whenever I tried to speak, no one spoke back and I think I saw a couple other people try and didn't hear anything though I saw the 'decibel' bar pop up for them. The flight with the mouse was trying (and don't get me on the swimming part with the mouse - yikes). All that aside, I'm pretty excited for this game if they can clean it up. It was a ton of fun to play with one of my buddies and thought that the battles were a lot of fun. Hopefully the public demo this weekend goes better!! I've always liked Bioware going back to the Baldur's Gate days.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:31am
You will be happy to hear Bioware claims to have fixed and tweaked everything you listed. The VOIP services you are actually the first I have seen even mention that issue. They had some issues though with negative mouse acceleration and 30:1 mouse sensitivity ratio vs 1:1 like it should have been. My big question is how did it run though, and what GPU? The Nvidia code for the copy with RTX cards didn't give VIP access... I ran into the same bugs on my Xbox one x though. The performance on my one x felt very meh. Tried playing it in all 3 resolutions hoping for something to improve but even 1080 was having frame dips... and the hub gave me motion sickness with motion blur on.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 7:46am
Yeah - I've heard that they've worked out a number of those bugs but I'm not sure they're 100% on the infinite loading screen one yet. I run x3 980 TIs but my buddy runs it on a 970 I believe and both of us had no real issues running the actual demo. The mouse sensitivity while I was flying actually kind of made me feel dizzy at times. Though the flying was pretty darn cool. I think I saw something to reduce it to 11% and it works well enough and that they did fix it in the version of the game that just went gold. Overall, it looks to be a lot of fun if they can get everything resolved. Until I see it done though, I'm being cautiously optimistic. I'll definitely be getting this game. I've been waiting for this for a bit since they delayed the launch...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:29am
This is just a personal opinion... It's published by EA and a buggy mess. These two factors alone make me give it a hard pass. Maybe wait for a Steam sale in a couple years when they've had a chance to fix the bugs/mod them out and EA has dropped their business model of lootboxes/microtransactions that are inherent with any of their games.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:45am
Snake have you been following the whole lootbox debacle? Most companies are doing away with them due to legal battles. EA is the only one fighting it 🤣 they will be eliminated before we know it. In regards to EA being the publisher, Bioware is the developer so I am cautiously optimistic. I won't be buying it on Xbox though since I got a "free" PC copy.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:46am
Hey Snaike,
Yeah, I know about EA. That said, Bioware for the most part has been pretty good so I'm banking on that. They've already indicated no loot boxes for this game and the only microtransaction types of things will be cosmetic and for those, you can earn in game money along with unlocking in the game. The game was a lot of fun to play. I just hope Bioware can 'stick the landing'...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Psyoshi

... EA is the only one fighting it 🤣 they will be eliminated before we know it. In regards to EA being the publisher, Bioware is the developer

Exactly... EA is fighting it. So, that's a big red flag. I know that BioWare developed it but EA has a track record of taking games and developers and just ruining them.

Again, any other publisher and I might.. but with EA, no.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:48am
I hope you're right, Dax... and I hope you all have a blast playing it..
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:59am
C'mon Snaike - we can team up!! Lol! I just think a game that makes you feel like Iron Man is definitely a game I want to play.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 9:10am
I'm right there with you Dax I love the feeling of being iron Man lol minus the hand blasters.

Edited by Psyoshi - 29 Jan 2019 at 9:11am
Michaelmas daisy View Drop Down

Quote Michaelmas daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Snaike

This is just a personal opinion... It's published by EA and a buggy mess. These two factors alone make me give it a hard pass. Maybe wait for a Steam sale in a couple years when they've had a chance to fix the bugs/mod them out and EA has dropped their business model of lootboxes/microtransactions that are inherent with any of their games.

Also don't wanna buy it now because of bugs. Hope they will be fixed soon. And if there will be a sale, but bugs won't be fixed... Sorry, Anthem, not in this life.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:58am
The VIP "demo" (which really was like a beta), was definitely really buggy and was cause for concern. The public demo was a lot better for me and I now feel much better that the game will be decent at launch. In addition, Bioware has been pretty responsive and already announced that a number of issues in the demo have been fixed: https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/5/18205886/anthem-biggest-changes-demo-full-game

At this point I'm cautiously optimistic. This game was a lot of fun for me when we played and I'm not really into the shooter/looter games for the most part.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:28am
VIP demo was bad, open demo was great. Only issues I have really are that I worry the game is goiung to get very stale very quick. There is not variety in enemies and a lot of the fight locations are fairly cut and paste from what the demo showcased. Thje enemy variety and look reminds me heavily of Warframe....
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:05am
That could be an issue Psyoshi. I'm not sure right now to be honest and I've read reviews that indicated it isn't a problem at all and also reviews that said it was from people that have seen some of the non-public content. Typically speaking, story/content is usually Bioware's groove swing though so I'm curious about it but not really concerned at this point. However, it is something to be aware that it may (or may not) be an issue...
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:57pm
Most of us have played Inquisition... And Andromeda.... They kind of phoned those in so praying for anthem. Supposedly a lot of analysts in the stock market predict this game to be a make or break for Bioware as a whole. So we shall see.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:17pm
Yup - I get it. I go all the way back to Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights to be honest so I'm looking at them long term. Granted the last few have been pretty rocky. Only time will tell. I have a good feeling about this one for some reason. I'm not sure why - maybe it's the whole Iron Man thing - lol.
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:11pm
Yeah, but speaking of Bioware... Jade Empire just got a new trademark application submitted 😍😍😍. So I really hope Anthem doesn't blow so we will get to see it and another Kotor. But yeah I played a lot of baldurs gate and Neverwinter, truly epic games.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:32am
Agreed. I think it will be a pretty solid game. That's just a gut feel on this one. Bioware has been pretty transparent and seems to be listening to the customers which is nice. I know EA just announced that they expect pretty robust sales for it too which could be a good thing or a bad thing - lol...
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:55am
At least the mtx are minimal and all earnable in game. Jokes on you EA!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:32am
Yes - that's a great thing. Ironically, I think I earned some coins during the demo - lol to help trick out my javelins...
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:18am
Lol yeah granted there was no use for them during the demo
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas

Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:40am
Well my demo javlins had vinyls - lol...
 Post Reply Post Reply